Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Corvette Today Podcast Latest Corvette News

Wow....there is so much Corvette news coming out right now.   Keith Cornett from CorvetteBlogger.com joins your host, Steve Garrett to cover it all. https://anchor.fm/steve-garrett/epis...e-2021-e12kai2  Check out some of the headlines below....
1.  GM Cancels June Allocation – 3000 status orders to be completed
2.  Chevrolet releases details and pricing on 2022 Corvette
3.  Chevrolet will offer a Corvette C8.R Special Edition for 2022
4.  2022 C8 Corvette Visualizer is now live
5.  Right-hand drive C8’s arrive in Japan and revealed at Fuji Speedway
6.  Ordering Opens in Australia and New Zealand
7.  GM still working out details for 2023 Racing Program
8.  Juan Pablo Montoya loves the Indy 500 pace car C8 Corvette!
9.  With C8 details out for 2022, the Z06 will most likely be a 2023 model
10.  Pre-owned Corvette pricing up 34% in the last year
...and there's lots more!  Don't miss this episode of CORVETTE TODAY.
See more
See less

GM -- can you fix this? Suggestions to RAISE the seat height

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone have instructions or a video on removing the C8 seats? It would be greatly appreciated. I'm one of those shorties. Thanks.

Comment

Two suggestions for improvements.

06-06-2021, 02:45 PM
      I love this CAR!!! I do have two small suggestions for improvements on the next model year. One: I would like to see the seat belt strap retainer, attached to the upper outside of the seats, be adjustable ( up and down). I'm a short person and the belt digs into my neck. If I could lower it an inch, which you can do in most cars, it would be great. Presently if I drive for more than 20 minutes I remove the strap from the retainer. Second: I need bifocals for reading (1.5 to read papers and up to 2.0 for micrometer reading), because I am short (5'5") with the seat back as far as I can put it and still operate the pedals I am to close to the rear view mirror (camera) and it is blurry unless I rest my head all the way back to the head rest. It looks to me that the mirror assemble could be moved closer to the windshield a couple of inches but is also is not adjustable. So those are my two suggestions I hope you don't think I'm a whinner because I'm not and I can certainly live very happily with it just the way it is. Paul C.

Comment

Originally posted by WhiteHorse View Post
        Lets face it, you sit low in this car, and not everyone is 6' or over. I am not short, but not tall either, and I would like to get a better view out of the front of the vehicle. Does anyone have suggestions on how to get some lift because the meager seat height adjustment in the control doesn't rise enough?

It was nice of GM to provide more room for taller people in the C8, but by this time you would think they would have made the car more more adaptable to more people. There is no reason not to. Plus the seat height adjustment does not just affect the height, it changes the seat angle for whole seat which makes it more difficult to get results.

I know, we can buy a cushion. Perhaps some of you have dealt with this and have some tips on modding the mechanism or even on some cushion or other suggestions.
        Thanks
        I want to lower mine, I feel like I sit high in the passenger side...driver side is fine with me. I'm 5'10" but I like to sit low that is just me. If you want to ride higher get a SUV 🤣
        Kidding
        2021 3LT Convertible Rapid Blue C8 follow us for mods, reviews, and interaction. Everything and more.

IG: Malibu.C8
        YouTube:One Hot C8

Comment

Originally posted by tomterr View Post
          Two suggestions for improvements.

06-06-2021, 02:45 PM
          I love this CAR!!! I do have two small suggestions for improvements on the next model year. One: I would like to see the seat belt strap retainer, attached to the upper outside of the seats, be adjustable ( up and down). I'm a short person and the belt digs into my neck. If I could lower it an inch, which you can do in most cars, it would be great. Presently if I drive for more than 20 minutes I remove the strap from the retainer. Second: I need bifocals for reading (1.5 to read papers and up to 2.0 for micrometer reading), because I am short (5'5") with the seat back as far as I can put it and still operate the pedals I am to close to the rear view mirror (camera) and it is blurry unless I rest my head all the way back to the head rest. It looks to me that the mirror assemble could be moved closer to the windshield a couple of inches but is also is not adjustable. So those are my two suggestions I hope you don't think I'm a whinner because I'm not and I can certainly live very happily with it just the way it is. Paul C.
          An option for you might be to get one of those sheepskin seat belt covers that are about 10" long and place it where it rubs into your neck/shoulder. I used to have one of those and it really helped on a vehicle I had which didn't have the adjustment you describe.

Comment

Originally posted by My1stVette View Post

An option for you might be to get one of those sheepskin seat belt covers that are about 10" long and place it where it rubs into your neck/shoulder. I used to have one of those and it really helped on a vehicle I had which didn't have the adjustment you describe.
            I use this one I got here: https://www.emdomusa.com/Emdom-GT86-Seat-Belt-Shoulder-Pad-Set-p/eu184.htm
            Click image for larger version

Name:	emdombeltpad.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	126.7 KB
ID:	278801

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
            Working...
            X