Side Skirt / High Wing Instructions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Joedvette View Post
    Just finished mine and it came out great. Followed the gm install except for drilling on the side. Tape,weld and rivets

Click image for larger version Name:	7F390A5B-2DB4-4E6F-AC92-8162D0E6E6AA.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	4.42 MB ID:	224383

Great job, I’m too chicken and unskilled to drill holes in my C8, so I plan on having the NCM install mine before my delivery
    Deposit w/Criswell - June 18 2020, for 2021 HTC Z51 2LT Red Mist Tintcoat/2-Tone,Sky Cool Grey w/Front Lift, Mag Ride & R8C Delivery

Current 1999 Magnetic Red C5 Z51

Comment

Thanks! Sorry to overthink the rocket science again < grin >. So you added a continuous bead of the weld right under the full length of the tape, and you made a few start cuts in the tape and left some tail out to grab and pull the backing off after you had it positioned? I only inquire because it seems that pulling all the backing away after getting it snug could have a chance of snagging. Was it an easy pull/removal? I think Frenzy36 removed the tape completely and only used the weld. Thanks for the reminder/suggestion for the 3m Adhesion promoter - I missed that originally.

Comment

Originally posted by Garabaldi View Post
        Thanks! Sorry to overthink the rocket science again < grin >. So you added a continuous bead of the weld right under the full length of the tape, and you made a few start cuts in the tape and left some tail out to grab and pull the backing off after you had it positioned? I only inquire because it seems that pulling all the backing away after getting it snug could have a chance of snagging. Was it an easy pull/removal? I think Frenzy36 removed the tape completely and only used the weld. Thanks for the reminder/suggestion for the 3m Adhesion promoter - I missed that originally.
        PM me your phone number and will give you exact instructions. I don’t helping out we’re I can

Comment

Thanks very much... I'll take you up on that kind offer! Appreciate it.

Comment

I have my AGM carbon fiber ground effects , but 21 HTC isnt in yet... my question is has anybody done the rear part where you drill. instead of drilling and keeping the 3m tape put the window weld on the inside of the 3m tape so it cant squeeze out on paint ? thanks for any info !

Comment

Has anyone looked into American Hydrocarbon, For splitter and rockers? their price seems reasonable.

Comment

American Hydrocarbon is a first class company. We have seen hundreds of MECF members thrilled with their engine covers. But as they are new to splitters and rockers, I look forward to MECF member reviews below, though I personally have not doubts about the outcome of this thread.
                GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Thank you John.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X