DIY Engine Lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DIY Engine Lights

Bought submersible mini LED lights with color changing remote, applied Velcro tape, wrapped lights in carbon fiber tape, works great for $25 Click image for larger version

Name:	E0C6864E-759B-4FC8-8EB3-DB862F5D1059.jpeg
Views:	341
Size:	2.92 MB
ID:	187981Click image for larger version

Name:	B5673786-7BF6-4BF0-AED1-5D06EB446659.jpeg
Views:	330
Size:	1.28 MB
ID:	187980Click image for larger version

Name:	46540711-0057-423C-9B16-E5CD044B0776.jpeg
Views:	318
Size:	2.51 MB
ID:	187982Click image for larger version

Name:	D72BA2D4-8CCF-4910-BBA5-2B59B65270E5.jpeg
Views:	345
Size:	2.93 MB
ID:	187983
    Easy
    85.71%
    Cheap
    14.29%
    2020 Rapid Blue, Z51 Performance, High Wing, Carbon Flash Accents, Black Nuts, Engine Appearance Package.

Looks nice . Please provide purchase and install specifics.

Comment

Really nice effect 👍👍
      Arctic White 2LT, G8G, HUL, F9, AH2, 5ZZ, E60, STI, SHW J6F, Q8Q, RCC, Z51, ZYC.

Comment

I bought similar and double sided molding tape. ABC installed same (Which is where I got the idea from). Comes with 2 remotes for $35 CAD.
        Murray - Uxbridge, Ontario, Canada
        2020 Torch red Stingray coupe, Adrenaline red 2LT Q8Q E60 NPP
        Deposit: July 30/19, 1100: Sept 15/19, 3000: Feb 14/20, TPW WAS May 18, August 24 and lastly July 27,
        3300: July 15, 3400: July 22, 3800: July 30, 4200: Aug 06, 5000: Aug 7, 6000: Aug 12!

Comment

Its both easy and cheap... bought mine a few months ago non ebay for $ 10 delivered

Comment

I bought similar mini lights but none of them worked. . I think I must have just gotten a bad batch. I changed all the batteries, but still nothing. I'll try to exchange them. I think the above result is outstanding. Great job!

Comment

Originally posted by MidEngine View Post
              Looks nice . Please provide purchase and install specifics.
              Carbon fiber tape, I cut into strips and have a ton left over.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Submerible lights were $14.99, 10 pack with 2 remotes, all batteries included. You have to turn hard on the lights since submersible and they need tight seal to trigger the batteries. All batteries included. Truthfully when batteries die I may order another pack due to price of batteries, it would be cheaper than replacing.

It literally took 10 minutes start to finish.

Good luck.
              2020 Rapid Blue, Z51 Performance, High Wing, Carbon Flash Accents, Black Nuts, Engine Appearance Package.

Comment

Originally posted by Insane C8 View Post
                I bought similar mini lights but none of them worked. . I think I must have just gotten a bad batch. I changed all the batteries, but still nothing. I'll try to exchange them. I think the above result is outstanding. Great job!
                Thanks so much, easy job and looks nice...

Comment

Originally posted by Keendog View Post

Submerible lights were $14.99, 10 pack with 2 remotes, all batteries included. You have to turn hard on the lights since submersible and they need tight seal to trigger the batteries. All batteries included. Truthfully when batteries die I may order another pack due to price of batteries, it would be cheaper than replacing.

Good luck.
                  Wow! Thanks for the tip about screwing the lights down hard. That got 7 of the 10 to work. I may just have to play with the others. I only plan to install 3 like you did. Another great time and money saving tip. Much appreciated

Comment

Originally posted by Keendog View Post

Good luck.
                    Just a heads up, C808 let me know that you can buy these batteries in bulk from Tractor Supply Company. I got a large multipack for $8.

Comment

Or eBay, batteries are pretty inexpensive there. I have lots of different sizes as I get multipacks of whatever I need for $3-$4.

Comment

Wow! Thanks for the tip about screwing the lights down hard. That got 7 of the 10 to work. I may just have to play with the others. I only plan to install 3 like you did. Another great time and money saving tip. Much appreciated
                        You are welcome, good luck friend..

Comment

Originally posted by 16falcon View Post
                          Or eBay, batteries are pretty inexpensive there. I have lots of different sizes as I get multipacks of whatever I need for $3-$4.
                          Good tip, thank you.

Comment

Just a heads up, C808 let me know that you can buy these batteries in bulk from Tractor Supply Company. I got a large multipack for $8.
                            Thanks so much friend.

Comment

You are very welcome. I was having the same problem as you and as my dad would say "use some elbow grease" lol... Good luck.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X