X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ELB2020VETTE
    replied
    Originally posted by Alex View Post

Alex here. As I understand it, the kit can be ordered from VerticalDoors Motorsports of Temecula. Thes include hinges, that replace the stock hinges. I presume the installers have some sort of jigs to keep the doors in place while the hinges go on, but maybe not. Remove the doors and hinges and the electrical wiring and connectors from the doors, which might involve a lot of labor or might not depending upon your technical expertise, tools, work tables, benches, etc.. Torque values for hinges with proper bits and torque wrench all likely needed. There are outfits in Forida, Texas, Arizona and California that are directly involved in the installation. Go to EikonMotorsports.com of Arizona (1-800-339-6544 and ask for Jessica, if you would like information from the same company that will be installing my vertical doors. Tim is one of the main installers at Eikon. Temecula in California Wine country also has a Vertical Doors location which is their own business. There are maps that show that there at now qualified installation sites all over the United states, so anyone who wants these, can get them done. Thanks, Alex
    Thanks for the great information!!

Leave a comment:

• Alex
    replied
    Originally posted by ELB2020VETTE View Post
    That really turned out great.

How long did it take to do the update?
    Where did you have it done?
    $$$?
    Is the kit available for any DIYers?
    Alex here. As I understand it, the kit can be ordered from VerticalDoors Motorsports of Temecula. Thes include hinges, that replace the stock hinges. I presume the installers have some sort of jigs to keep the doors in place while the hinges go on, but maybe not. Remove the doors and hinges and the electrical wiring and connectors from the doors, which might involve a lot of labor or might not depending upon your technical expertise, tools, work tables, benches, etc.. Torque values for hinges with proper bits and torque wrench all likely needed. There are outfits in Forida, Texas, Arizona and California that are directly involved in the installation. Go to EikonMotorsports.com of Arizona (1-800-339-6544 and ask for Jessica, if you would like information from the same company that will be installing my vertical doors. Tim is one of the main installers at Eikon. Temecula in California Wine country also has a Vertical Doors location which is their own business. There are maps that show that there at now qualified installation sites all over the United states, so anyone who wants these, can get them done. Thanks, Alex

Leave a comment:

• VicH
    replied
    Originally posted by GTS Bruce View Post
    Looks awkward and lame
    You could have not been rude and left out "lame."

Leave a comment:

• 10secondCar
    replied
    Heartbeat , thanks for the video. Looks awesome. 😎

Leave a comment:

• Insane C8
    replied
    And thanks for posting the additional videos! Nice to see the doors in action.

Leave a comment:

• Insane C8
    replied
    I think it looks cool. Clearly, you had a good installation. It's not the door option for everyone, but that's ok. It's your car, so enjoy it! I bet it draws a crowd every time you get in and out

Leave a comment:

• Plentyfast
    replied
    Looks awkward and lame
    NO Offense ... really, but what is Award is me, 6’2” and 59 YO getting into my Vette in a Two Car Garage

... and many times it hurts trying to not ding your doors while getting into the car.

This is a solution to us Guys who are getting older and less flexible.

Leave a comment:

• Heartbeat
    replied
    Looks awkward and lame
    And it's clearly not for you Bruce. Have a great day!

Leave a comment:

• GTS Bruce
    replied
    Looks awkward and lame

Leave a comment:

• Tinker
    replied
    Those really look good on the C8,good job.

Leave a comment:

• Heartbeat
    replied
    As promised, here is a brief video taken from a short distance showing how I get in and out of the car. Enjoy!

Leave a comment:

• Insane C8
    replied
    They look awesome. Additional videos displaying their functionality getting in and out would be much appreciated.

Leave a comment:

• John
    replied
    Beautiful car Heartbeat. Thank you very much for the videos. We look forward to the upcoming ones.

Leave a comment:

• Heartbeat
    replied
    Originally posted by Degypt7 View Post
    Heartbeat , I have to admit I am waiting for additional videos from you. (Like a nice distance shot). Have someone take a video of you exiting and entering the car would be great.
    Ok, I can get that done. Stay tuned, I won't be able to do this until Sunday or Monday at the earliest - I'm currently away from my car, I'll be wrapped up with work until the weekend is over. 👍👍👍

Leave a comment:

• Degypt7
    replied
    Heartbeat , I have to admit I am waiting for additional videos from you. (Like a nice distance shot). Have someone take a video of you exiting and entering the car would be great.

Leave a comment:

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
Working...
X