X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That looks GREAT.......nice job

Comment

Originally posted by Heartbeat View Post

The install took 4 days. Got it done at Professional's Choice in West Babylon, Long Island, installation was $2800. I purchased the kit directly from the manufacturer Vertical Doors Inc for 2K - not sure if that price is still available, I got the deal from them in late June. Took about 5 weeks from the order to manufacture and get the kit to me, seems like they do small batches at a time. You could purchase from the manufacturer and DIY and save the install $$$, but be sure you get the door lift adjustments right and insure that all the panels line up properly ( the nose and fenders need to be removed to access the door hinges). Alternately, the Eikon company can sell you the kit plus installation (their website states that they have installation shops around the country or can send an installer to your home). Also, I believe that Eikon may offer financing.
      I'm a bit confused about why it took your installer 4 days install time because the manufacturer of these doors state that the install only takes 1 day.

Comment

Yeah, I got the preorder deal from Eikon Motors with home installation, they also claim only 1 day to install.
        First time Corvette owner. Torch Red C8 HTC, and yeah with Lambo doors 😊

Comment

Vertical Doors will install mine and I think they told me 6 hours to complete.

Comment

Originally posted by RoketRdr View Post

I'm a bit confused about why it took your installer 4 days install time because the manufacturer of these doors state that the install only takes 1 day.
            It would have been nice to get mine quicker, and I obviously can't speak to the time claims made by other companies or the quality of their work. That said, I'm extremely pleased with the work my installers did, and hope that everyone who installs the vertical doors is as happy with theirs as I am with mine. Best of luck with everyone's mod decisions! 👍👍👍
            Torch Red, Z51, 2LT, Mag Ride, E60, Adrenaline Red/ Two-Tone GT2, CF goodies
            ​​​​​​

Comment

Heartbeat , I have to admit I am waiting for additional videos from you. (Like a nice distance shot). Have someone take a video of you exiting and entering the car would be great.

Comment

Originally posted by Degypt7 View Post
                Heartbeat , I have to admit I am waiting for additional videos from you. (Like a nice distance shot). Have someone take a video of you exiting and entering the car would be great.
                Ok, I can get that done. Stay tuned, I won't be able to do this until Sunday or Monday at the earliest - I'm currently away from my car, I'll be wrapped up with work until the weekend is over. 👍👍👍
                ​​​​​​

Comment

Beautiful car Heartbeat. Thank you very much for the videos. We look forward to the upcoming ones.

GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 22 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

They look awesome. Additional videos displaying their functionality getting in and out would be much appreciated.

Comment

As promised, here is a brief video taken from a short distance showing how I get in and out of the car. Enjoy!
                      ​​​​​​

Comment

Those really look good on the C8,good job.

Comment

Looks awkward and lame

Comment

Originally posted by GTS Bruce View Post
                            Looks awkward and lame
                            And it's clearly not for you Bruce. Have a great day!
                            ​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by GTS Bruce View Post
                              Looks awkward and lame
                              NO Offense ... really, but what is Award is me, 6’2” and 59 YO getting into my Vette in a Two Car Garage

... and many times it hurts trying to not ding your doors while getting into the car.

This is a solution to us Guys who are getting older and less flexible.
                              Deposit placed on June 18 2020, for 2021 HTC 2LT Red Mist Tintcoat
                              Current 1999 Magnetic Red C5 Z51

Comment

I think it looks cool. Clearly, you had a good installation. It's not the door option for everyone, but that's ok. It's your car, so enjoy it! I bet it draws a crowd every time you get in and out

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X