Vertical Doors for My C8 Completed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Insane C8 View Post
    I've been toying with the idea myself. I doubt I will actually do it, but I think it looks cool as Hell on your car. Eikon is in Scottsdale, AZ which is only about 20 min from where I live. Who knows, I may break down and have it done...LOL
    If Eikon is only 20 minutes from you I would say that you absolutely should! Lucky guy.

Comment

Heartbeat what do you grab onto to Close the Doors?
      Deposit placed on June 18 2020, for 2021 HTC 2LT Red Mist Tintcoat
      Current 1999 Magnetic Red C5 Z51

Comment

Looks great. I need to live with my C8 a bit before I decide to do something like this. It does look awesome! I am sure some of us would love to see a bit of video with the doors being opened and closed....if you have the chance.

Comment

Looks great on your car. Glad you like it and it'll draw a crowd for sure now.
          Rapid Blue 3LT, HTO Tension Blue, Z51, 5ZZ, E60, ZZ3, ZYC, FE4, J6N, FA5, Q8Q, SHW, VJR, C2Q, R8C

Comment

Originally posted by Plentyfast View Post
            Heartbeat what do you grab onto to Close the Doors?
            It’s pretty easy, when the doors are lifted I just grab the top rear edge of the door pocket, pull down, and when the door bottoms out at its regular horizontal plane I just pull it closed. Just a quick observation for anyone considering this mod, if you or your co-pilot/ better half have shoulder issues/ range of motion restrictions then this might not be the best mod for you πŸ˜‰πŸ‘πŸΌ
            Torch Red, Z51, 2LT, Mag Ride, E60, Adrenaline Red/ Two-Tone GT2, CF goodies
            ​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Heartbeat View Post

It’s pretty easy, when the doors are lifted I just grab the top rear edge of the door pocket, pull down, and when the door bottoms out at its regular horizontal plane I just pull it closed. Just a quick observation for anyone considering this mod, if you or your co-pilot/ better half have shoulder issues/ range of motion restrictions then this might not be the best mod for you πŸ˜‰πŸ‘πŸΌ
              Seriously Considering ... for hopefully this time Next Year πŸ˜‹
              Deposit placed on June 18 2020, for 2021 HTC 2LT Red Mist Tintcoat
              Current 1999 Magnetic Red C5 Z51

Comment

Originally posted by rickg747 View Post
                Looks great on your car. Glad you like it and it'll draw a crowd for sure now.
                Thanks! The C8 was a real draw before, the attention now is next level πŸ˜… On my way home from the shop I stopped to get gas and the mechanics emptied out and asked questions for 20 minutes. I stopped to grab some lunch back in NJ at my favorite chili dog place and the reactions were pretty funny.
                i enjoy talking with folks about the C8, and welcome folks to take pics when they ask, and I’ll allow well behaved little ones to sit in it so their parents can get a pic. Makes me feel like kind of an ambassador for our favorite car. Lots of smiles, and if I can give a bright spot in someone’s day it’s all well worth it πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ˜‰
                ​​​​​​

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	C8_LamboDoors.jpg
Views:	301
Size:	1.74 MB
ID:	186386 The dealer where I bought my C8 added these and a high wing to his C8 last week.
                  U.S. Navy(Ret); past associate editor of Vette Vues Magazine; Founder-Corvette Chattanooga; Founder-National El Camino Owner's Assn., NCM(L).
                  2020 Coupe, ELB, 2LT, performance exhausts

Comment

Heartbeat congratulations sir, Yes when you have some time please post a video of your car. I Pre-Ordered the ZLR doors in June to get the discount which will include installations from the guys @ Vertical Doors. I can't wait to get my C8, but I am happy to receive it in 2021 now due to COVID, it's my hope that it will arrive in Jan or Feb. at the latest.

Comment

Interesting mod. Do you have any videos of the doors in action? How far do they first swing out is what I'm looking to see.

Comment

Here are two short videos that I made showing the raising and lowering of my new vertical doors.

​​​​​​

Comment

Thanks for the video...great mod 4sure.

Comment

Good luck with your mod. Not for me however since it rains in my area of the NE. Had a verticle door car and it is an annoying PIA when you get in and out in the rain.

Comment

I also preordered it for my HTC. Can't wait for the car. Looks amazing Heartbeat !!!
                              First time Corvette owner. Torch Red C8 HTC, and yeah with Lambo doors 😊

Comment

I have to say that I was not a big fan of the vertical door mod, but after seeing the way your car looks (gaps etc) and the operation of the doors, you have me reconsidering. Thx for posting the pix and vids.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X