MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Corvette Today Interviews Harlan Charles Re The C8 & More: ON NOW

What a wonderful Corvette Today podcast!!! Steve Garrett sits down with Corvette Product Manager, Harlan Charles on this episode of CORVETTE TODAY.  https://anchor.fm/steve-garrett/epis...enea/a-a2qtt60. Harlan talks about his early years with Chevrolet and how he became Product Manager for Corvette. He also discusses the cohesive work done by the entire Corvette team-from C5 through C8.  You'll learn about the evolution of the new mid-engine C8 Corvette and the steps taken to bring it to market. Plus, Harlan delves into the launch of the C8, the development of the strategy behind the mid-engine car.
See more
See less

modding the factory exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• modding the factory exhaust

looking to source a factory exhaust without the valves to try and create a more affordable option. I figure I can cut the top open and reveal the inner structure to see if changes can be made to increase sound and relive some back pressure. should be unnoticeable when re-welded and covered by heat shield.

While there used to be an easy 10 HP by reducing GM’s muffler back pressures, those days are past, and with the massive heat caused by the entire engine/DCT/exhaust system, any mods back there need IMO to be approached with caution at this time — until more is learned. There will be some great aftermarket options coming. We know that Borla, Corsa, BB Exhaust and others are soon to debut their systems.

I am going to wait before I do anything to my exhaust, but excited that there will be some really fine options coming in the next couple of months (and I believe at lesser costs than the few that are out there now).

I want more exhaust loudness without any drone. Personally my butt meter, even if any system would unlock 10+ HP, would not be able to tell the difference. But I want more volume!
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 22 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

im trying to cut open the factory can and unlock sound/power with some creative mods. I need a muffler to see what can be done. once modified the can can be welded back up and re-installed with heat shields and valves in their factory locations.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
      Working...
      X