MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Corvette Today Interviews Harlan Charles Re The C8 & More: ON NOW

What a wonderful Corvette Today podcast!!! Steve Garrett sits down with Corvette Product Manager, Harlan Charles on this episode of CORVETTE TODAY.  https://anchor.fm/steve-garrett/epis...enea/a-a2qtt60. Harlan talks about his early years with Chevrolet and how he became Product Manager for Corvette. He also discusses the cohesive work done by the entire Corvette team-from C5 through C8.  You'll learn about the evolution of the new mid-engine C8 Corvette and the steps taken to bring it to market. Plus, Harlan delves into the launch of the C8, the development of the strategy behind the mid-engine car.
See more
See less

Fun with the Maisto C8 Model

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fun with the Maisto C8 Model

Obviously, way too much time on my hands. Also, learned you shouldn't attempt to do this after 3 cups of coffee..... shaky hands. Re painted the interior to match our Two Toned Red/Black pending car that should be built next Wednesday.

Click image for larger version

Name:	UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_b43a.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	221.5 KB
ID:	173491
    Attached Files
    3LT Coupe, Z51 Torch Red with two toned Red/black interior. 5VM visible CF ground effects, Carbon Flash wheels, engine appearance package and Carbon Fiber interior trim. Mag Ride control. Red Calipers. VQK Splash Guards. Carbon flash mirrors and spoiler.

That's awesome! Now I know what to do in my time of waiting for my MY2020 to get converted to a MY2021. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Excellent job Strake. Might be able to start a second career while you wait for your C9 to arrive.
      GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 22 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

My favorite model plus the two Corvette GTP race cars from the past . When is the last time you saw these ? Click image for larger version  Name:	F3C518A5-7710-4A68-AA0C-30D8BC1F3CD7.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	413.2 KB ID:	173567Click image for larger version  Name:	2DE5102F-AF87-47BD-A401-EF62D9346AFC.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	590.3 KB ID:	173568
        Last edited by MikeC8; 07-31-2020, 07:24 PM.
        RED ,C8. 2LT Z51.black wheels and trim. .... Order status 6000 car is home in garage
        .VIN.1906

Comment

Strake .......... That is impressive !
          I have that interior and love it.
          Torch Red; 2LT; Z51; Two Tone Adrenaline Red GT2 seats TU7/AH2; Mag Ride FE4; Front Lift E60; Engine Appearance ZZ3; Pewter Rims 5DG; Silver Center Caps RXH; Battery Protection ERI; Yellow Calipers J6E; Yellow Seat Belts 3M9

Comment

......and here I thought I was the only guy that did stuff like that! I'll be doing exactly what STRAKE did as soon as the model comes out in the HTC version. By the way, our HTC will be exactly like STRAKE's coupe, right down to the red/black 3LT interior trim. If my eye/hand coordination allows, I'll do the seatbelts in red though.

Good work.... glad I'm not the only one.
            C8 Deposit July 2018 (HTC). In the system: Jan 20. Torch Red with lots of goodies. Museum Delivery in Sept.... maybe.

Other toys in the garage: Ferrari California, BMW i8 Roadster, Bentley Flying Spur

Comment

^^^ On the Maisto die cast model, the seatbelts are actually removable straps attached on each end. Amazing detail with this model. As we ordered our car with black seatbelts, I left them black on the model !
              3LT Coupe, Z51 Torch Red with two toned Red/black interior. 5VM visible CF ground effects, Carbon Flash wheels, engine appearance package and Carbon Fiber interior trim. Mag Ride control. Red Calipers. VQK Splash Guards. Carbon flash mirrors and spoiler.

Comment

Nice - maybe we should call the plant and have them push your car off for a couple more months because your having too much fun.
                Rocket City Florida

Comment

LOL - I did exactly the same today to my red Maisto C8, except for the dash and doors. Two tone seats too! Nice job on yours! 👍

I took a couple of pics of it set it up like the 'reveal' show.

Name:	maistoc8.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	148.1 KB
ID:	173728
                  Last edited by shiumai; 08-01-2020, 10:36 AM. Reason: Added pics

Comment

Originally posted by Frenzy36 View Post
                    Nice - maybe we should call the plant and have them push your car off for a couple more months because your having too much fun.
                    Frenzy, not funny ( LOL !!!!) Don't think my heart could take the stress. Had a big heart attack 7 weeks ago and when the Cardiologist was asking me about any stress in my life, I told him the saga of the C8 and my order. All good now, 5 stents later. I've seen my Cardiologist several times and each time he ask about our C8 order. The other day, I was able to tell him that it should be built next Wednesday, and that I have a VIN # now.

Comment

Originally posted by Strake View Post
                      Obviously, way too much time on my hands. Also, learned you shouldn't attempt to do this after 3 cups of coffee..... shaky hands. Re painted the interior to match our Two Toned Red/Black pending car that should be built next Wednesday.

Name:	UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_b43a.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	221.5 KB
ID:	173491
                      Was it difficult to disassemble? Do the seats and dash just pop out, or are they somehow glued? And what about the doors?
                      Recently sold:
                      Shark Grey '15 Z51 Coupe : White / Blue Diamond '13 427 60th roadster ( really miss the 'stripe delete' 427 )

Status 3000 - 7th Corvette... Zeus Bronze Coupe, 2LT, GT2 seats, Natural two tone, Body color accents, Pewter wheels

Comment

George, NOT difficult to disassemble at all. After removing the 2 screws holding the car to the stand, there are 3 screws holding the body on the chassis. Just pull the body off. The dash will likely fall out on its own...... mine did. The seats pull off the floor as it's retained by a small tab at the front and rear. Grab the seat by the seat back and pull while tipping it towards the front. It should come out. The seat back also comes off by using a small screw driver to pop it off.

The door panels are also just pushed on and retained by 2 pin and sockets. The pin is part of the casting of the door itself, there are two female sockets molded into the plastic door panel. Again, a small flat screwdriver will pry the door panel off.

There is NO glue holding any of it together, all pin and socket pressed together. Also, I was doing the second coat of paint when I realized that the engine also comes out. Much easier to paint when removed. Again..... 2 pins and sockets retaining the engine in place.

I removed the tires from the wheels by hand, just pulling the tires off by hand. I did NOT remove the wheels as I was afraid of breaking something. I did try to pull on them but after using a fair amount of force, decided to stop. I was able to paint the edges of the wheels with just the car chassis on it's side and the tires removed.

Putting it back together, the seats just snap back in starting at the front, then the rear just snapped down. Everything else was just lining up the two male pins, with the 2 female sockets and press them together. The dashboard is the only tricky part and while I did plug the male tab at the bottom of the center console area into place before putting the body back on, it kept popping off location. You have to have the body on first, so you can then push the dash board on top of the metal diecast part of the car's dash, then align the male pin into the center console. Lastly, raise up the steering wheel to lock it into place on the bottom of the dash.

I used flat Testor's paint, but you can also use gloss. The flat took 2 coats on everything I painted. Have fun !!!

Comment

Strake...Thanks so much for those wonderful detailed instructions!!😀

Mine should be fun. Changing an AY w/black stripe and vents, into a Zeus Bronze w/o stripes and body color vents, plus removing splitter and spoiler, and add pewter wheels with a two-tone interior. Hope I'm up to the challenge.

Thanks again
                          Last edited by George; 08-01-2020, 12:41 PM.
                          Recently sold:
                          Shark Grey '15 Z51 Coupe : White / Blue Diamond '13 427 60th roadster ( really miss the 'stripe delete' 427 )

Status 3000 - 7th Corvette... Zeus Bronze Coupe, 2LT, GT2 seats, Natural two tone, Body color accents, Pewter wheels

Comment

Very cool Strake, I hope we will get a die-cast HTC ... I will do the same. Also thx for the disassembly instructions.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X