MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Corvette Today Product Featuring Doug Fehan On Now

Learn Everything About Corvette Racing From THE Product Manager, Doug Fehan!_If you are a Corvette fan, you have to be interested in Corvette Racing! https://anchor.fm/steve-garrett/epis...g-Fehan-ejpu64 Steve Garrett learns just about everything there is to know about Corvette Racing for THE man who heads up Corvette Racing....Doug Fehan. Doug traces the origins of the race program from its beginnings all the way up to present day.  Fehan talks about the new mid-engine C8.R race car and its differences from the C7.R.  Doug outlines the races Corvette Racing participates in during a typical year and why they did not go to Le Mans this year.  Learn about the passionate race fans and the driver's relationship with them. Doug's energy, enthusiasm and passion come out bold and proud in this fantastic episode of CORVETTE TODAY!
See more
See less

DIY: Install a C8 radar detector using your rear view mirror for power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is one with both pins, the original listing is now gone. I used the small pins for my C8 & they fit perfect.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Greenshot 2020-08-22 13.59.20.png Views:	0 Size:	240.2 KB ID:	182491
    Vette's owned: 99 Sebring Silver Convert - 10yrs, 2008 Crystal Red Convert,w/cam, longtubes and Vortech supercharger. C8 VIN 00336 built on 2/10/20 - Delivered 3/18/20 C8 Spec: Torch Red 2LT, Z51, FE4, E60, CF7, FA5, AH2, HUL, J6E, TU7, 3F9, Q8P, 5ZU, R8C

Comment

Cool! THX. Now just need my car (TPW 9/7) and a Blendmount! Suction cup will have to do until they offer the new model.

Comment

Originally posted by Insane C8 View Post
        Does anyone know the updated part name/number for this on Amazon? The one listed at the beginning of the thread is no longer listed. Wanted to make sure I order the right one (size). I'll be connecting a Uniden R3. Thanks to anyone who can help!
        It seems to be back in stock: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B082V1245P...v_ov_lig_dp_it
        SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
        >36,000 miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Thanks meyerweb. I already ordered the one in post #46. Hoping one of the ends is small enough to fit.

Comment

Just to keep everyone informed.....I just called Blendmount to check on the progress of the C8 attachment. It sounds like it will not likely be ready for at least a few more months. They said they are hoping to have it ready for sale before the end of the year. Well, us C8 customers are used to waiting anyways...

Comment

Love the mirror tap, have utilized it in all my Vettes, glad it’s possible on the C8 as well.
              I was able to install a generic Blendmount on the mirror of my C8.
              It’s a stop gap until the one actually designed for the car is made as the install interferes with the ability to change the mirror from the camera mirror to regular mirror so I just have it on the camera mirror setting.
              I’m pretty happy with the result.
              Attached Files

Comment

That looks nice a clean. I think I'll just use my Uniden suction cup until the Blendmount is made. I doubt I'll ever use anything but the rear view camera so your solution looks great.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                Working...
                X