Engine cover painted to match car color

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Corvettebob View Post
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20220106_162241.jpg Views:	27 Size:	1,015.1 KB ID:	344412 I went after my plenum cover to paint it. Also put a wing emblem on it. Guess what I found when I removed the engine cover. No plenum cover. They left it off my 2022 convert. Is this normal? GM saving a few dollars?
    I guess I could try to buy one and paint it to dress up my motor. Do you know if a cover from an earlier C8 will fit on a 2022?
    Correct, HTCs dont come with the cover, and yes you can buy one on ebay, or even on here (I think there still may be one available in the FS section). The going rate is $120-$150 with shipping for a stock OEM one. Or you can buy a pre-painted one ranging from $300-$650 depending on what you want.

I'm going to be buying an OEM one, and painting and decaling it my self.

Look at this thread to easily make the cover removable.

https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...e-ready-panels
    Delivered 6/30/21: The Red Demon 2021 3LT Red Mist HTC.
    Jet Black Interior w/Red Stitching and Carbon Fiber Interior Trim. Carbon Flash Roof, Nacelles and Mirrors. Front Lift. Spectra Gray Trident Wheels w/Edge Red Calipers. Chrome Exterior Badge Package. Midnight Silver with CF accent fender hash marks.
    AGM Carbon Fiber 5VM package, High Wing Spoiler, Rear Diffuser, Engine Vents, Mirror Caps, Front Grill Inserts, and Door Boomerangs.

Comment

I just finished my project. Amplify orange paint, clear coated, vinyl lettering, hand painted logo.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_47512.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	4.53 MB
ID:	346622

Comment

Originally posted by Bogeybruno View Post
        I just finished my project. Amplify orange paint, clear coated, vinyl lettering, hand painted logo.
        Thats nice. I'm going with a edge-redish full housing, then CF accents on the middle and side slopes and logo, keep the silver, and edge-red CORVETTE lettering. Then gloss coat. Its still cold here, and I don't have a paint room, so I have to wait for it to get a little warmer before I can start painting. But i'm in no rush since I'm not driving it any time soon anyways.

Bogeybruno
        Bogeybruno did you just tape around the silver part, or did you carefully remove, then reapply with double sided tape? I was going to remove, but its seem stuck on there very well, and don't want to bend it. And worried about it not sticking back on cleanly, or my double sided tape being to thick. Or did you use contact cement or something?
        Delivered 6/30/21: The Red Demon 2021 3LT Red Mist HTC.
        Jet Black Interior w/Red Stitching and Carbon Fiber Interior Trim. Carbon Flash Roof, Nacelles and Mirrors. Front Lift. Spectra Gray Trident Wheels w/Edge Red Calipers. Chrome Exterior Badge Package. Midnight Silver with CF accent fender hash marks.
        AGM Carbon Fiber 5VM package, High Wing Spoiler, Rear Diffuser, Engine Vents, Mirror Caps, Front Grill Inserts, and Door Boomerangs.

Comment

Originally posted by Bogeybruno View Post
          That looks pretty good!

Comment

Super nicely done Bogeybruno. Thank you for posting it.
            GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Originally posted by BuyPeaksSellDips View Post

Thats nice. I'm going with a edge-redish full housing, then CF accents on the middle and side slopes and logo, keep the silver, and edge-red CORVETTE lettering. Then gloss coat. Its still cold here, and I don't have a paint room, so I have to wait for it to get a little warmer before I can start painting. But i'm in no rush since I'm not driving it any time soon anyways.

Bogeybruno
              Bogeybruno did you just tape around the silver part, or did you carefully remove, then reapply with double sided tape? I was going to remove, but its seem stuck on there very well, and don't want to bend it. And worried about it not sticking back on cleanly, or my double sided tape being to thick. Or did you use contact cement or something?
              I used painters tape and taped over the chrome pieces and the logo. I used a razor knife to cut the tape after I laid the tape down. After I painted I used the razor knife around the tape edges and slowly pulled the tape up. Worked great. I personally would not remove the silver pieces I think they could bend and then you’d ruin it. if u get paint on the silver pieces just use thinner and qtip to remove .

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20220118_145739.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	1.78 MB
ID:	347569 I found a cover on eBay. The poster accepted an $110 offer with free shipping. It was brand new so I was happy.
                I searched around and found Ace Hardware Premium spray paint in Banner Red was a good match to Torch Red.
                The pic looks a bit orangy but it is Red. These spray cans are nice as the nozzle sprays a nice fan shape as opposed to a round .
                The emblem will be attached with construction adhesive. These emblems are available on eBay at about $20 a pair.
                Hope it fits my 2022 convertible.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                Working...
                X