Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gwalsh88 View Post
    Finished the project this weekend...
    I noticed that the top center of the steering wheel is Orange also. Did you do that also? Looks fantastic.

To go from a 2LT/GT2/JetBlack build to 3LT/YellowStitching/JetBlack build costs an extra $3550. A Jet Black 3LT doesn't make sense to me.

2021 Coupe, AYellow,z51,Mag,2LT,JetBlk,GT2,LIft,Dual RoofTransparent Deposit:4/20; 2000 12/18/20; 3800 2/22/21;4200 3/1/21; 5000 3/3/21

Comment

Originally posted by Sabre View Post
      I noticed that the top center of the steering wheel is Orange also. Did you do that also? Looks fantastic.

To go from a 2LT/GT2/JetBlack build to 3LT/YellowStitching/JetBlack build costs an extra $3550. A Jet Black 3LT doesn't make sense to me.
      It is a piece of Orange Vinyl. I bought a sample piece off Amazon for $5.00 and cut it to fit. I was curious about how it would hold up and I just turned 12,000 miles and it still looks amazing. Very simple mod which looks great.

Comment

Originally posted by gwalsh88 View Post

It is a piece of Orange Vinyl. I bought a sample piece off Amazon for $5.00 and cut it to fit. I was curious about how it would hold up and I just turned 12,000 miles and it still looks amazing. Very simple mod which looks great.
        NICE! Did you glue it on? Is it tape? How does it come from Amazon? link?

Comment

This looks good. I would like to dye my natural stitching red in my Torch Red vert with natural interior. I'm afraid to attempt it cause my seats are not black and don't want to mess up.
          Torch Red C8 Spider

Comment

Originally posted by Hiney1 View Post

NICE! Did you glue it on? Is it tape? How does it come from Amazon? link?
            $4.99

self stick... It is so easy, anyone can do it.

under size choose 4 x 6 sample

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...e?ie=UTF8&th=1

Comment

That looks really good, well done! Definitely one of those projects that once you start, you have to finish;-)

Comment

Did the fabric dye pen on my C7 relatively easy. I bought some Loyd mats and used this method to dye the “stingray” embroidery blue on my C8

Click image for larger version  Name:	7332A956-D991-4194-85FF-6748098BED44.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	3.59 MB ID:	204747
                2020 Stingray Triple Blue Coupe “Cindyblue”
                6000: status : R8C on August 5,2020 @10:00 🥳🍾
                2020 C8 Stingray; 3LT ; GS7 Elkhart Lake Blue ; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51;FE4 Mag Ride; C2Q dual roof ; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; RCC; J6E yellow Calipers; VQK Splash Guards; EYK Chrome Exterior Badge package; R8C
                2014 Stingray Laguna Blue : SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by V1 VR View Post
                  Did the fabric dye pen on my C7 relatively easy. I bought some Loyd mats and used this method to dye the “stingray” embroidery blue on my C8
                  I blew that picture up and it's crazy absolutely perfect! What type of fabric pen did you use? Have you done this before? Does it fade or bleed if on a seat? Do the mats actually get used :-) ???? Did you always color within the lines when you were a kid?
                  Did you "paint" it on or dab it to let the threads absorb the color. Good on ya!
                  2021 Coupe, AYellow,z51,Mag,2LT,JetBlk,GT2,LIft,Dual RoofTransparent Deposit:4/20; 2000 12/18/20; 3800 2/22/21;4200 3/1/21; 5000 3/3/21

Comment

Used a fabric dye pen from Amazon https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08DJ66863...t_b_asin_title
                    On the C7 I went to Hobby Loby and bought a sharpie fabric pen . This time I got the “set” from Amazon so I could match the blue used on the mats which I had never seen before . I got pens after I received the Lloyds Mats

the process is simple just lay the tip of the pen on the thread and it bleeds to the entire stitch.
                    Last edited by V1 VR; 11-06-2020, 07:18 AM.
                    2020 Stingray Triple Blue Coupe “Cindyblue”
                    6000: status : R8C on August 5,2020 @10:00 🥳🍾
                    2020 C8 Stingray; 3LT ; GS7 Elkhart Lake Blue ; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51;FE4 Mag Ride; C2Q dual roof ; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; RCC; J6E yellow Calipers; VQK Splash Guards; EYK Chrome Exterior Badge package; R8C
                    2014 Stingray Laguna Blue : SOLD

Comment

just curious what color the stitching was before. If it is over black that is impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by Dmraco View Post
                        just curious what color the stitching was before. If it is over black that is impressive.
                        It was the standard gray/white color. You can see the difference in this picture.Click image for larger version

Name:	20200412_165930.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	3.48 MB
ID:	238402

Comment

Very nice, should have been that way from factory.

Comment

Beautiful. Looks just like factory. Great job!

Comment

If I go to all that trouble, I would like to know I won’t have to do it again because it fades over time. But it sure looks good!

Comment

Originally posted by Vette Interested View Post
                                If I go to all that trouble, I would like to know I won’t have to do it again because it fades over time. But it sure looks good!
                                It has been about a year and and 15,000 miles and I recently did a little touch up to the stitching on the top pf the dash and along the drivers side of the console (10 minutes total). The rest still looked great!

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X