• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dying my Stitching Orange

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200412_131041.jpg
Views:	1325
Size:	2.93 MB
ID:	137620Well... I did this on my old yellow C7 and loved it so I took plunge and started dying my Stitching orange to on my C8. It is taking me a little longer than I remember my C7 taking but I'm very happy with the results so far. I'll finished the rest next weekend.

Thanks
    Gary
    Attached Files

Looks great. We need details on the process and dye used.
    2021 Red Mist HTC / Z51 /Mag Ride / Yellow Calipers / C-Flash Mirrors and Wing / Front Lift / Black 3LT / CF Interior Trim / Yellow Belts and Stitching

Atomic Orange C6. Plenty of engine and suspension mods. Gone, but not forgotten

Comment

I'll second that, looks real good. Nice job.

Regards Brian

Comment

It does look really great, and yes please for the exact product you used to do it (as well as how many of them you will be needing to complete the job). If your marker is hard to locate, please also include a link so folks can it for their cars — for many will follow in your footsteps for sure.
        GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

gwalsh88, it looks factory. Thanks for showing us the way.

Comment

This was a common mod on the C7s. There is not much to it you simply dye each thread one by one. The fabric dye pen I used is a fine tip and when it started to become blunt, I used some needle nose to pull out the tip and thenbused a straight razor to cut a new angled tip. I usual go 4 or 5 stitches and then wipe any excess with a damp micro fiber cloth. I bought two pens and think I could probably get it done but I ordered a third one. The fabric dye pen is from Amazon is

Uchida 522-C-7 Marvy Fine Point Fabric Marker, Orange

Comment

Your orange stitching on your car is beautiful. We are looking forward to more of your pictures as the project continues.

Comment

Wow, very cool, did not know you could do that, very nice 👍👍
                2020 C8 - Long Beach Red, Z51, FE4: Mag Ride, 3LT: Natural Interrior, E60: front lift, Q8S: Machined faced trident spoke wheels, RCC: Red engine cover, ZZ3: Engine appearance package, J6N: Edge red calipers, CC3: Transparent roof

Powell, Ohio

Comment

Wow. I’m not brave enough to do the same, but your work is impressive. Well done!
                  2021 Red Mist HTC, 3LT, Black interior w/suede inserts and red stitching, Z51, Mag Ride, E60 lift, interior CF, Spectra Gray Tridents, and Edge Red Calipers. Status 2000 on 2/11/21. Status 3000 on 2/18/21. Status 3300 on 4/1/2021. TPW 4/19.

Comment

Very nice....Well done!
                    Black over Sky Cool Gray.....2LT.....Z51.....FE4.....E60.....

Comment

Originally posted by gwalsh88 View Post
                      This was a common mod on the C7s. There is not much to it you simply dye each thread one by one. The fabric dye pen I used is a fine tip and when it started to become blunt, I used some needle nose to pull out the tip and thenbused a straight razor to cut a new angled tip. I usual go 4 or 5 stitches and then wipe any excess with a damp micro fiber cloth. I bought two pens and think I could probably get it done but I ordered a third one. The fabric dye pen is from Amazon is

Uchida 522-C-7 Marvy Fine Point Fabric Marker, Orange
                      Very well done gwalch88.

So much better watching Corvette owners doing and passing on useful tips that are of some interest to mature Corvette owners, vs. watching a bunch of jughead kids attempting to show you how to make donuts with a C8.

Keep up the good work!
                      Cape Cod Taxachusetts

3LT GDO/AYM Coupe. Z51, Mag Shocks, Yellow Calipers. Black Interior, Black Suede Seats, Yellow Stitching. Yellow Seat Belts.
                      Illuminated Sills. Front and Rear Splash Guards. Chrome Wheel Locks,
                      Home 08/10/20

Comment

That does look fantastic. Just curious, how long did the door and seat take you?

Comment

Super Impressed!
                          Rapid Blue 3LT, HTO Tension Blue, Z51, 5ZZ, E60, ZZ3, ZYC, FE4, J6N, FA5, Q8Q, SHW, VJR, C2Q, R8C

Comment

Originally posted by pksjc View Post
                            That does look fantastic. Just curious, how long did the door and seat take you?
                            I did the door, passenger seat , half the console, the floor mats and the the areas on top of the dash (this was the biggest challenge as i had to look through the windshield on the driver side). All told it was about 3 hours. Part of it was learning the technique as I'm more comfortable now I don't expect the driver's door and seat (and steering wheel) to take as long. By the way removing the top made a big difference in doing the tops of the seats)...

by the way this whole idea was thought up by forum member jagamajaran (Jeremy)... It was all his idea!

Comment

I never knew of anyone doing this before. Thank you for teaching me and your instructions.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X