MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Official C8 Owners Manual, Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

See more
See less

DIY: Installing Splash Guards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DIY: Installing Splash Guards

Mainly for those considering ordering & installing splash guards yourself. Obviously I have not installed them yet .. this information is from my analysis and inspection.

The official GM splash guard package comes with instructions. The front guards and rear guards are slightly different and are not interchangeable. On the stock C8, there is an existing “stone guard” installed inside of the wheel-well fascia at the back of the wheel-well ... there are stone guards behind all four wheels. The stone guard is removed and replaced with the splash guard. The stone guard is held on by one screw and must be pried off it’s friction clips. The splash guard has tabs and clips that fit into the existing stone guard mounts. The splash guard serves as both stone guard and splash guard in one piece. The splash guard simply extends out from the body line by 7/8” at the bottom of the guard.

I am having my PPV installer install the front wheel guards so that the vinyl can be wrapped into the wheel well slightly while the stone guard is removed and before the splash guard is installed. I will do the rear wheel guards myself since I am not having the rear fenders covered by the PPF.
    TPW 2/17 .. Shadow Gray Metallic w/Natural, 3LT, Z51, Mag, Lift, Spectra Gray Trident, Edge Red Calipers, Body Color Accents.

Past owned: 1984 C4, Medium Gray Metallic, Coupe, VIN# 1004; 1981 C3 White Coupe; 1980 C3 Dark Claret, Coupe

Thanks bpost 22. Splash guards are a must. I've ordered mine with the C8 and the dealer will install them when the car arrives. One change with my dealer from my C7 experience is that they won't install splash guards purchased from secondary vendors or ones not included with the car purchase. Apparently they have had issues with installing splash guards provided by customers that resulted in problems.

I mention this just for info. I don't know if other Chevy dealers have adopted a similar policy but something to think about if your planning to have your dealer do the installation.

Comment

Originally posted by Boomer View Post
      Thanks bpost 22. Splash guards are a must. I've ordered mine with the C8 and the dealer will install them when the car arrives. One change with my dealer from my C7 experience is that they won't install splash guards purchased from secondary vendors or ones not included with the car purchase. Apparently they have had issues with installing splash guards provided by customers that resulted in problems.

I mention this just for info. I don't know if other Chevy dealers have adopted a similar policy but something to think about if your planning to have your dealer do the installation.
      It was a good idea to include them with your new car order. They were not available when I ordered the car and by the time they were available, my car was at status 3000 and my initial order could not be modified. Fortunately, my PPV installer has done these guards on C7s, and said it was pretty simple and not charging me to install.
      TPW 2/17 .. Shadow Gray Metallic w/Natural, 3LT, Z51, Mag, Lift, Spectra Gray Trident, Edge Red Calipers, Body Color Accents.

Past owned: 1984 C4, Medium Gray Metallic, Coupe, VIN# 1004; 1981 C3 White Coupe; 1980 C3 Dark Claret, Coupe

Comment

Put splash guards on my C7. I think the first one might have taken me 5 - 10 minutes, the next three a total of 5 - 10 minutes.
        SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
        >36,000 miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
        Working...
        X