Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 4 < >

Corvette Today Show: Every Corvette Owner Has Corvette Stories, This Time MECF’s John Elegant Talks With Steve Garrett

If you frequent CORVETTE TODAY, you know I always say that, "Every Corvette owner has a story!” My guest on this show has 60 years worth of Corvette stories! John Elegant (the main man on MidEngineCorvetteForum.com) shares some of his best memories and Corvette stories with us, from the effect of seeing his first Corvette had on him to his first Corvette purchase, to Harlan Charles and Tadge Juechter stories! https://youtu.be/MDjY2BnWXtw ; https://podcasts.adorilabs.com/corve...SlgJdENwCCbyLa This is part # 1 of John’s Corvette stories. Have a Kleenex handy too-his last story will bring tears to your eyes! See what I mean when I say, "Every Corvette owner has a story" on this episode of CORVETTE TODAY
2 of 4 < >

Welcome HorsePower Obsessed & BlackOut Tinting As Our New MECF Vendor

Led by Justin at HorsePower Obsessed and his many YT videos, bet quite a few of you just became aware his co-ownership of several BlackOut Tinting Shops carrying XPEL, great window tinting and many more servces. WELCOME [email protected]/BlackOut Tinting! Find HPO on their YT channel @ HorsePower Obsesed, BlackOut Tinting @ https://blackoutempire.com/
3 of 4 < >

Find out your C8’s Order Status by asking!

Information provided to MidEngineCorvetteForum members, and with great thanks to Corvette Ed for answering your inquiry requests in our sticky’d “The C8 Order Inquiry Status Thread” in our “Purchasing Section.”https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...inquiry-thread
4 of 4 < >

2023 Corvette Info Including SR Pricing, SR 2023 Visualizer, 70th Anniversary SR/Z06 Press Release; The C8 Z06 Press Release, Order Guide & Its Visualizer Link

See more
See less

The interior of the new Chevrolet Corvette E-Ray hybrid is fully exposed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The interior of the new Chevrolet Corvette E-Ray hybrid is fully exposed

motor.esAgain, the images really don't confirm a thing.

We already have the multifunction sports steering wheel with shift paddles, the digital instrument panel and the carbon fiber seats in the Stingray.

The interior of the new Chevrolet Corvette E-Ray hybrid is fully exposed

35 Spy photos of the new Chevrolet Corvette E-Ray Motor.es

Antonio Fernandez 5 MIN. READING

28 Jul 2022 - 8:00 p.m.

Development of the new Chevrolet Corvette E-Ray has moved to southern Europe. The hybrid version of the popular Chevrolet model has been hunted, once again, in broad daylight. Unlike previous sightings, we get a chance to take a look inside. An interior free of camouflage and, therefore, totally exposed.

Click image for larger version

Name:	interior-chevrolet-corvette-e-ray-fotos-espia-202288739-1659022444_3.jpg
Views:	519
Size:	240.9 KB
ID:	395665

The Chevrolet Corvette will finally succumb to electrification. Chevrolet continues to work at full capacity in the development process of the hybrid version (HEV) of its popular model. A development that has moved to southern Europe. Some time ago the German firm landed on the Old Continent to carry out a series of tests. For example, we recently had the opportunity to see the new Chevrolet Corvette E-Ray taking on the Nürburgring track.

After successfully completing tests on the popular German circuit, Chevrolet and its team have set their sights on the south of the European territory under the premise of carrying out the equally important summer tests. Thanks to this, there has been a new sighting in broad daylight. Our photographers have caught two prototypes, one driving on a road open to traffic and the other parked.

Click image for larger version

Name:	interior-chevrolet-corvette-e-ray-fotos-espia-202288739-1659022442_2.jpg
Views:	517
Size:	60.8 KB
ID:	395664

The opportunity provided by the parked Corvette E-Ray has been used to, no more and no less, take a look at the cabin. These spy photos allow us to peek inside the new hybrid Corvette and, to our surprise, it's completely bare, free of camouflage. As can be seen, this test specimen is right-hand drive.

Among the most notable elements that we must point out, we have the multifunction sports steering wheel with shift paddles, the digital instrument panel and the carbon fiber seats. The upholstery and trim in red help create the atmosphere of a vehicle with character and a sporty focus.

If we focus on the central tunnel, we will realize that at first glance there are several cables and a security button. Something common in prototypes during the development phase. A curious detail related to this right-hand drive prototype and whose interior has been exposed, is that it is the Corvette E-Ray that has been burned .

The development of the new Chevrolet Corvette hybrid has moved to southern Europe.

The hybrid engine of the new Chevrolet Corvette E-Ray

Regarding the mechanical section, the main key of the new Corvette E-Ray, the great protagonist will be a naturally aspirated 6.2-liter V8 LT2 gasoline engine . A block that will be accompanied by one or two electric motors. The truth is that there are still many doubts about it. The powertrain will also feature a high-voltage lithium-ion battery.
    Power from the gasoline engine will be sent to the rear axle, while electric power will drive the front wheels. Therefore, it will boast an all- wheel drive setup . The power will be around 600 hp .
    Release date of the new Chevrolet Corvette E-Ray

When will it hit the market? Chevrolet confirmed just a few months ago the commercial launch of the new hybrid Corvette in 2023 . Taking into account that the brand has already shown official previews of the Corvette E-Ray and confirmed the year in which it will hit the market, it is not unreasonable to think that the development process is close to facing the final stretch. The new Chevrolet Corvette E-Ray will hit the market in 2023 By the way, we must not forget that Chevrolet has also confirmed that, after the launch of the self-charging hybrid Corvette, it will go one step further by getting down to work to give life to a 100% electric Corvette. One of the most historic models of the American firm will bet unapologetically on sustainable mobility.

https://www.motor.es/noticias/interi...202288739.html
    Attached Files
    Bob Sliwa
    "I was cruising in my E-Ray, late one night, when a Tesla Model S, pulled up on the right......."
    Currently Building an All-Electric, Split-Window Coupe Ludicrous Speed Restomod.
    Ludicrous Speed - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAWL8ejf2nM

2020 C8 ELB - Event Status 666 - Completely destroyed at the race track due to year 2020! Insured!!!
    2023-2024? E-Ray - Number 4 on the List at MacMulkin!

Not surprisingly, it looks pretty much like every other C8 interior.
    Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Naturalw/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust, MRR 755 Gunmetal wheels

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Originally posted by meyerweb View Post
      Not surprisingly, it looks pretty much like every other C8 interior.
      Exactly.... well at least it used to.... before the fire.

This flips me back to the "Authority" story on interior changes. If the E-Ray is coming for the '23 model year, it appears that this great interior will survive at least that long. And with all the great drivetrain changes coming in the next few years why waste time/money on fixing what works.

I've toured this car for multiple 10+ hour drives... it's the best GT car I've owned (former Audi, Porsche 911, Jaguar and Lincoln owner). And while I don't track the car hard, I know those who do and they're not complaining.

Come on GM, get'em out and keep'em affordable... we'll keep lining up!
      2021 HTC - Z51 - 3LT - FE4 (MagRide) - E60 (Front Lift) - EFY (Body Colored Accents) - HRE FF11 wheels - CF 5VM w/CF Diffuser

Comment

The C8 that burned was NOT an ERay. That has been confirmed by Chevrolet.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymurgy View Post
          The C8 that burned was NOT an ERay. That has been confirmed by Chevrolet.
          What do you think Bosch was testing in the vehicle? Could this have been the what's-coming-after-ERay prototype?

Comment

Originally posted by Lefty32 View Post

What do you think Bosch was testing in the vehicle? Could this have been the what's-coming-after-ERay prototype?
            Well, it wasn't anything that had electronic drive of any kind. It was an ICE vehicle that was known to be leaking oil and wasn't repaired. The fire was most likely caused by the oil leak. I have no idea what they might have been testing.

Comment

I've noticed one kind of interesting thing about this photo. A long time ago we saw a photo of what was supposedly an e-ray test car that had an extra button on the side of the console, with a label that appeared to indicate braking regen. That button doesn't exist on this car.

Ah, found the old photo:
              Click image for larger version  Name:	090921_133.jpg Views:	0 Size:	144.0 KB ID:	397661

Here's the thread it's from: https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...-analysis-pics
              Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Naturalw/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust, MRR 755 Gunmetal wheels

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

I am guessing this test mule is being used with the current interior - there is no regen button on the side so its likely not the final version. I would guestimate that they are keeping the new interior underwraps for now but it likely will be in the 24s.. I like the current interior set up - but i am on the list for an eray- hopefully they will keep it the same another year.
                2021 HTC Red Mist, Carbon Flash Nacelles / Roof, Natural TwoTone int,GT2 Seats, Z51,Yellow calipers, Midnight Gray Stripe, Midnight Silver Hash Marks, FE4, NPP, E60 Lift, Rocker panel extensions
                Vettes owned 1998, 2000, 2014 Z51

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                Working...
                X