Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

CORVETTE TODAY #129 - Corvette News and Headlines, Early October 2022

Your CORVETTE TODAY host, Steve Garrett, and Keith Cornett from CorvetteBlogger team up once again to bring you the most current and up-to-date information on Corvette. It’s the CORVETTE TODAY News & Headlines show to start off October! https://youtu.be/NG7JwFGJf04; https://podcasts.adorilabs.com/corve...lUqQwp7DeopRJV
Here are some of the topics Steve and Keith will cover next week....
—The Bowling Green Assembly Plant ran a rare “2 shift Saturday” last weekend
--C8 Z06 embargo on driving impression ended last week
--Corvette’s average sale price is almost 20% over MRSP
--The 1st customer ordered Z06 was built last week
--Is Ford benchmarking the C8 Z06?
--Road & Track magazine is now testing the C8 Z06
--Detroit News readers name the C8 Corvette “Best in Show” at Detroit Auto Show
--The new “Driven By Design” exhibit opens at the NCM
CORVETTE TODAY is the only current podcast on Corvette! And our News & Headlines show continues to be your best source of Corvette news in the industry.
Visit the CORVETTE TODAY website, listen to the show, watch the YouTube video, shop in the Merchandise Store, sign up for weekly emails and join the Facebook Group at:
www.CorvetteToday.com
2 of 3 < >

Z06 Auto-Media Testing Results & Impressions

This is our one thread: Thanks for putting all your posts within it: https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...eviews-results
3 of 3 < >

2023 Corvette Info Including SR Pricing, SR 2023 Visualizer, 70th Anniversary SR/Z06 Press Release; The C8 Z06 Press Release, Order Guide & Its Visualizer Link

See more
See less

How Do You Intend To Build Your E-Ray?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kavo11 View Post

Did the sky cool grey get dirty like crazy? Or did you just not like the "dirty appearance" from the vent holes? KK87
    My Sky Cool Grey was a GT1 seat in 2LT - so it's still easy enough to clean with towel and Meguiars leather cleaner. But you can see the dirt so easily, and some small scratches from my HANS harness pressing and scrubbing against the seat. It gets visibly dirty after driving with the top down.
    Follow me @smurf.vette on Instagram -- https://www.instagram.com/smurf.vette

Comment

Good to know KK87, I was considering it as an option but now I think I'll cross it off the list.

Comment

Originally posted by kavo11 View Post
        Good to know KK87, I was considering it as an option but now I think I'll cross it off the list.
        Make no mistakes, I love the Sky Cool Grey seat because I never get burned after the car was soaked in the sun, or while I'm tracking in hot and sunny weather. It brightens the interior a lot at night time and in the winter months, and makes the car feel more spacious. It's just that you need to be on top of cleaning it up every week (or a few days) -- thankfully the Mulan leather ("GM leather") can be easily cleaned. Having sat in black leather cars at Ron Fellows, which I disliked a lot for it soaking all the heat and your thighs getting burned - I'm still glad I have lighter interior color. Natural tan is, therefore, the best compromise.
        Follow me @smurf.vette on Instagram -- https://www.instagram.com/smurf.vette

Comment

Originally posted by KK87 View Post

Make no mistakes, I love the Sky Cool Grey seat because I never get burned after the car was soaked in the sun, or while I'm tracking in hot and sunny weather. It brightens the interior a lot at night time and in the winter months, and makes the car feel more spacious. It's just that you need to be on top of cleaning it up every week (or a few days) -- thankfully the Mulan leather ("GM leather") can be easily cleaned. Having sat in black leather cars at Ron Fellows, which I disliked a lot for it soaking all the heat and your thighs getting burned - I'm still glad I have lighter interior color. Natural tan is, therefore, the best compromise.
          I'm definitely leaning towards the full natural dipped interior. It should look pretty classy matched with the ELB.

Comment

Edited My Build:

3LT/Z
            HTC
            Z07 Package
            Yellow w/Blk Roof/Nacelles OR Bright Red w/Blk Roof/Nacelles
            GT2 or 3 Seats Red/Blk
            CF Everything To Include Wheels
            Z06 Spoiler If Its Own Spoiler Is Weak Looking
            Mag Ride
            Frontend Lift
            After Market AW Run Flat Tires
            Museum Delivery
            *Aftermarket Clear Engine Cover
            *Aftermarket Cool Air Intake
            *Aftermarket Headers
            *Aftermarket High Flow Cats
            *Aftermarket Tuned Exhaust/Mufflers
            *Lambo Door Kit

Hoping For Interior Upgrade; Rumor Has It So On MY2025; If Confirmed Prior To Order, Will Wait For 2nd Year OR Just Enjoy The Upgrade On The ZR1

Intended To Hit Up LMR For TT Install/Tune But Will Leave As Is; Will Just Enjoy It On The ZR1

*Self Install

Comment

I just put my sr order in yesterday after 15 months of back and forth on options, price increases, new options releases with new MYs, and color discontinuation (I was dead set on the shadow grey when I saw one drive by me, until the color was "retired"). I promised I would not do this to myself again but it helped the time pass and was a great activity to partake in with others that share the enthusiasm. So, against my better judgement, here we go:

Must haves (GT build for me and long term keeper, I will never build for the next owner):
              - black exterior (unless another sinister color comes out which would be preferred as SR is black) fully wrapped in stealth ppf with a few carbon flash accents done in clear
              - 2 lt two-tone red interior gt2 black seatbelt
              - front end lift (my driveway is AGRESSIVE to say the least)
              - stealth interior
              - NPP with black exhaust
              - Painted red calipers
              - Engine Appearance
              - Red engine cover
              - MRC (mag ride)
              - front radiator guards
              - scrape armor under nose
              - rocker pannels
              - xl "mud" flaps

Undecideds:
              - HTC or Coupe (will determine when i get my sr coupe and drive for a while), leaning toward HTC
              - Z51 equivalent performance upgrades, I do not plan to seriously track but would love to have an outing once a year and the capability to do so)
              - 3LT equivalent with black interior and red stitching and red seatbelt vs 2lt two tone gt2
              - Unk on rims until options are known
              - Unknown on the rear spoiler until options are known
              - unknown exterior accent items such as stinger stripes until options are known

Comment

MotorMouth...

Very detailed! Nice...but we were talking about the E-Ray, not Sting Ray 😁 but it's all good 😁...

I can't see going with the Coupe unless it was the Z06, ZR1, or Zora. To me, the SR engine is weak looking. My C7 GS is a coupe, have NEVER taken it off for riding; too much of a hassle; HTC just hit the button and Viola. I'll never remove it on the ZR1 either but the engine with TTs would be worth showing off via the Coupe.

I'll be going with the radiator guards and mud flaps and every other exterior add-on in CF.

When do you expect your--2 to 4 months?

Congrats in advance...

Comment

Mr DJ, this is how i plan to build my E-Ray. I got on an Eray/gran sport list earlier this year so I have quite some time. I was just mentioning that this exercise recently ended on the SR for me so new ride on the eray.

Comment

Oh, ok MotorMouth 😁 I'm an old man; I can't read straight anymore 😁

I've been on a list since 2020 but the way the Z06 is rolling out, looks to me like the '24 E-Ray will be a '25 from jump. And that's kool with me; I figure I'll be paying around @170K OTD, so a year longer allows for more savings...

Comment

I currently plan on specing out my E-ray exactly the same as my Z51 Stingray. I want it where my neighbors and friends don't even know I upgraded. No reason other than I just feel like being sneaky and I LOVE my Stingray, every option I chose was what I wanted and it came out as I wanted it.

Looking forward to having that widebody and seeing who really pays attention around here!
                      2LT Coupe, Z51, Elkhart Lake Blue, GT2 seats, Edge Red Calipers and engine cover, Mag Ride, Front Lift, High Wing spoiler, R8C, American Hydrocarbon 5VM kit, museum delivery.

2000 status 5/1, 3000 on 5/4, 3300 on 8/4, 3400 on 8/11, #18 off the line on 8/23, delivered 9/10.

Well worth the wait, the car is amazing!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20211027_153806.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	3.21 MB
ID:	411781 Any thoughts about a Z51 package for the Eray... Will it follow the z06 package with improved suspension brakes, mag ride, etc in the base, or will it need a z51 like package and mag ride ordered separately? For me the key considerations are functional. The color and trim considerations are purely emotional and are likely to match my current 2021 stingray

Comment

Just like the Grand Sport did, imo the E-Ray will have some performance components AND some optional higher performance options (Cup2 tires, more racing inspired suspension package, etc). Here’s the details from its official Chevy Press Release but of course at this point might the E-Ray follow these same foot steps or might it deviate and come “bone stock” without any of them — instead making all performance components be optional?

I guess to help us learn the answers short of it’s actual reveal would be to know how GM intends to emphasize-package it, either as a fuel efficient hybrid, or as a performance model tweener between the SR and the Z06.

BTW the only thing the birdies are consistently chirping is that it would also be price-wise a tweener between those two models.

https://media.chevrolet.com/media/in...port/2017.html
                          2023 Z06: Hypersonic Gray HTC, two tone blue interior, complete high wing/aero package. CCB’s, PBC, E60, and with every visible carbon fiber option including wheels. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 24 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
                            Just like the Grand Sport did, imo the E-Ray will have some performance components AND some optional higher performance options (Cup2 tires, more racing inspired suspension package, etc). Here’s the details from its official Chevy Press Release but of course at this point might the E-Ray follow these same foot steps or might it deviate and come “bone stock” without any of them — instead making all performance components be optional?

I guess to help us learn the answers short of it’s actual reveal would be to know how GM intends to emphasize-package it, either as a fuel efficient hybrid, or as a performance model tweener between the SR and the Z06.

BTW the only thing the birdies are consistently chirping is that it would also be price-wise a tweener between those two models.

https://media.chevrolet.com/media/in...port/2017.html
                            Good to know the birdies are still chirping that price will fall between Stingray & Z06. This has been my thought all along too. I see no reason for the E-Ray to cost more than Z06 with the bespoke LT6. Patiently waiting for GM to give us some official E-Ray info.

Comment

I think many will be very happy with the eventual price of the E-Ray. I think GM is smart enough to know that pricing for the E-Ray must be appealing. They will not be able to get away with a significant price hike like we saw with the ZO6.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X