Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

Corvette: Meet NCM’s Director of Collections & Education Brian Baker

The National Corvette Museum continues to add A-List talent to their roster! On this episode of CORVETTE TODAY, your host, Steve Garrett, introduces you to the new Director of Collections & Education at the Museum, Brian Baker. https://youtu.be/Soa0Cpikv3k; https://podcasts.adorilabs.com/corve...JQPOZZgm2OBhQ4. Brian has a rich working history with General Motors and actually was the designer of the SSR! Brian joined the NCM recently and has a wonderful vision of the future for the Museum. You'll hear all about that in this episode of CORVETTE TODAY.

VISIT THE WEBSITE, LISTEN TO THE SHOW, WATCH THE YOUTUBE VIDEO, JOIN THE FACEBOOK GROUP, SIGN UP FOR EMAIL NOTIFICATIONS AND SHOP IN THE MERCHANDISE STORE AT:
www.CorvetteToday.com
2 of 3 < >

Your Lottery Z06 Christmas Present

Tired of waiting and want a long shot to get your Z06? I have two friends who between them have won three new Corvettes. Is this your Christmas self-present? https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...iversary-coupe. Might you be the third friend who wins a Corvette lottery by buying just one ticket? Of course still going to be many months until you are driving it, but if you win a heck of lot cheaper than your/my other plan.
3 of 3 < >

2023 Corvette Info Including SR Pricing, SR 2023 Visualizer, 70th Anniversary SR/Z06 Press Release; The C8 Z06 Press Release, Order Guide & Its Visualizer Link

See more
See less

Ron Fellows Level 2 Advanced Track Days course

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ron Fellows Level 2 Advanced Track Days course

Arrived last night for the Level 2 course! Looking forward to this. It is still raining this morning but supposed to clear up by 8am so should be ok for the rest of the day. Will update as the day goes on…Click image for larger version

Name:	4049802A-EF7C-4F94-BDF5-5C7EB4F203F9.jpg
Views:	414
Size:	1.42 MB
ID:	410122 Click image for larger version

Name:	4B766A29-3732-4426-AA9E-68FDA2C0AF93.jpg
Views:	242
Size:	1.48 MB
ID:	410123 Click image for larger version

Name:	6B16E6A4-950B-4187-902C-D43A4E48CBBD.jpg
Views:	252
Size:	1.78 MB
ID:	410124

3LT Coupe, Z51, Torch Red, sueded microfiber seats/wheel with red stitching, BBS CI-R gloss black wheels, engine app package, Carbon Fiber int, Red Calipers, Comp Seats, Mag Ride, Front Lift, Carbon Fiber dual roof, Carbon Flash mirrors and spoiler, R8C museum delivery, 5VM exposed carbon fiber splitter, side skirts and AGM carbon fiber high wing

Hope you pick the fastest one. We know you will have a fantastic time there!
    2023 Z06: Hypersonic Gray HTC, two tone blue interior, complete high wing/aero package. CCB’s, PBC, E60, and with every visible carbon fiber option including wheels. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 24 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

A little bit of sprinkles this morning but should clear by 8am. Cars getting ready for the day. The temps are much cooler than last week so that’s good. Click image for larger version

Name:	CAFC5544-36E1-4F7E-8E21-C2D193C0872C.jpg
Views:	246
Size:	3.01 MB
ID:	410139
      3LT Coupe, Z51, Torch Red, sueded microfiber seats/wheel with red stitching, BBS CI-R gloss black wheels, engine app package, Carbon Fiber int, Red Calipers, Comp Seats, Mag Ride, Front Lift, Carbon Fiber dual roof, Carbon Flash mirrors and spoiler, R8C museum delivery, 5VM exposed carbon fiber splitter, side skirts and AGM carbon fiber high wing

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
        Hope you pick the fastest one. We know you will have a fantastic time there!
        That would be the "RAPID" BLUE!

Rapid Blue 3LT, HTO Tension Blue, Z51, 5ZZ, E60, ZZ3, ZYC, FE4, J6N, FA5, Q8Q, SHW, VJR, C2Q, R8C

Comment

Day one is over. Interesting fact for Level 2 class, they install transponders for the lap times to keep track of the students. After the morning sessions I was in second place with a 2:12 lap, but at the end of the day finished 4th but still improved two seconds from the morning sessions.

I have a torch red car this time, which is my color! Tomorrow will begin with us leading the laps with instructor behind us for one session, then a session with instructor in passenger seat, then two or three more sessions of open lapping with zero instructors on the course (unless you want one to ride with you to critique)

there was rain today but not very long and it dries fast. For a partial session we ran in track mode with weather PTM. Halfway through they told us to switch back to the sport mode PTM in track settings as the track dried fast. Still more rain expected tomorrow but it really hasn’t had an impact on anything. What has caused issues, is all the dirt and dust embedded in the track from the flash flood a month back. They don’t have a fancy pressure washer systems to clear 9 miles of track, so the track is slower and a little slippery at times. Instructors say it’s about two seconds a lap slower in this condition compared to a clean track.

overall it has been fun, and looking forward to tomorrow.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1D493D1D-2E6B-4CCB-9ABA-E5325B7FBABB.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	5.15 MB
ID:	410421 Click image for larger version

Name:	385B96FF-538C-41EA-B3F7-BF03A10CB543.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	3.30 MB
ID:	410420 Click image for larger version

Name:	7969E771-D823-4C2C-84BA-602A647F16C5.jpg
Views:	221
Size:	3.17 MB
ID:	410419 Click image for larger version

Name:	95AE96BA-257F-4AEA-8C86-4A788D594F52.jpg
Views:	233
Size:	2.96 MB
ID:	410418

Comment

I think I need another regular session before I strap on the advanced course.
            2020 2LT Z51 Coupe
            2001 Z06 Millenium Yellow/Red/Black
            1966 Coupe Red/Black with Factory AC, PS, PB, PA, KO Wheels

Comment

Good stuff! Thanks for sharing! On my “Bucket List” "……👍
              I’m goin’ driving 👍

Comment

Name:	72F2A080-0574-404C-ADE4-81ACF201C513.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	3.32 MB
ID:	410671 Click image for larger version

Name:	44FCBCE0-3F29-4E0A-B1DC-FFC3F2F391AC.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	5.11 MB
ID:	410672 Click image for larger version

Name:	3F9AB2CB-2066-4946-B2DF-DF182D598D33.png
Views:	170
Size:	2.51 MB
ID:	410673 Day two is over and what a blast. So much track time, I am worn out. Total of 78 laps completed on the 2.6 mile course, the longest configuration they have. I ended up with second fastest time overall from the 16 on the class. I was pretty happy with my improvements each session. The autocross for Level 2 class is bigger and more spread out than the owners school course. Here are phone pics for now. Will upload the pro photos once I get home.

Comment

What is the cost for the level two course? I assume the basic drivers course would be a prerequisite?

Comment

I'm signed up for the level 2 class in March. I did the "Corvette Owner's" school last November. I sold my 2021 Z51 in July and have 2023 Z51 70th Anniversary pkg on order. I received a letter inviting me to attend the Level 2 class, which surprised me thinking you had to complete the Level 1 course first. I had to put down $750, non-refundable deposit. The Level 2 course is $5,195 without the GM certificate for a new car, and $2,695 with the GM certificate for a new car. They actually do not need the certificate, only the VIN#. They said I had to take delivery of the new car at least 2 weeks before the scheduled course. I believe they give you a $300 reduction for being a return student

Comment

Originally posted by Marcho Polo View Post

Name:	72F2A080-0574-404C-ADE4-81ACF201C513.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	3.32 MB
ID:	410671

Is Kristen Lingenfelter related to John and the performance shop?
                      2021 Red Mist HTC / Z51 /Mag Ride / Yellow Calipers / C-Flash Mirrors and Wing / Front Lift / Black 3LT / CF Interior Trim / Yellow Belts and Stitching

Atomic Orange C6. Plenty of engine and suspension mods. Gone, but not forgotten

Member, Old Dominion Corvette Club https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Comment

Kristen is Ken Lingenfelter’s wife and a super qualified gear head in her own right.
                        2023 Z06: Hypersonic Gray HTC, two tone blue interior, complete high wing/aero package. CCB’s, PBC, E60, and with every visible carbon fiber option including wheels. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 24 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Well done, Mr. Marcho!

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
                            Kristen is Ken Lingenfelter’s wife and a super qualified gear head in her own right.
                            Yep, and she drove fantastic. Very nice person too.

Comment

and now pics from the pro photographer:

Name:	RFLevel2-4.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	3.43 MB
ID:	411248

That's me in the center with the yellow shirt and red hat. Kristen is next to the guy on my left.

Name:	RFLevel2-1.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	1.78 MB
ID:	411244

Name:	RFLevel2-3.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	1.93 MB
ID:	411245
                              This must have been early morning, the tire pressures start out at 24psi and warm up to 30-32 while driving. Look at that rear tire roll as I corner hard!

Name:	RFLevel2-2.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	1.97 MB
ID:	411246

Name:	RFLevel2-5.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	2.08 MB
ID:	411247

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X