Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 4 < >

Corvette Today Show: Every Corvette Owner Has Corvette Stories, This Time MECF’s John Elegant Talks With Steve Garrett

If you frequent CORVETTE TODAY, you know I always say that, "Every Corvette owner has a story!” My guest on this show has 60 years worth of Corvette stories! John Elegant (the main man on MidEngineCorvetteForum.com) shares some of his best memories and Corvette stories with us, from the effect of seeing his first Corvette had on him to his first Corvette purchase, to Harlan Charles and Tadge Juechter stories! https://youtu.be/MDjY2BnWXtw ; https://podcasts.adorilabs.com/corve...SlgJdENwCCbyLa This is part # 1 of John’s Corvette stories. Have a Kleenex handy too-his last story will bring tears to your eyes! See what I mean when I say, "Every Corvette owner has a story" on this episode of CORVETTE TODAY
2 of 4 < >

Welcome HorsePower Obsessed & BlackOut Tinting As Our New MECF Vendor

Led by Justin at HorsePower Obsessed and his many YT videos, bet quite a few of you just became aware his co-ownership of several BlackOut Tinting Shops carrying XPEL, great window tinting and many more servces. WELCOME [email protected]/BlackOut Tinting! Find HPO on their YT channel @ HorsePower Obsesed, BlackOut Tinting @ https://blackoutempire.com/
3 of 4 < >

Find out your C8’s Order Status by asking!

Information provided to MidEngineCorvetteForum members, and with great thanks to Corvette Ed for answering your inquiry requests in our sticky’d “The C8 Order Inquiry Status Thread” in our “Purchasing Section.”https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...inquiry-thread
4 of 4 < >

2023 Corvette Info Including SR Pricing, SR 2023 Visualizer, 70th Anniversary SR/Z06 Press Release; The C8 Z06 Press Release, Order Guide & Its Visualizer Link

See more
See less

Bon Voyage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here’s a short video from Port Melbourne of a C8 just arriving yesterday. My mate told me they are always excited to see one even though there are now several hundred in OZ. This one was going on to Tasmania.

Cheers!

Edit: Video won’t upload at the moment. Will try anew with a better connection later today. In the interim, the C8 is Hypersonic Grey if anyone here from Down Unda is waiting for theirs. It is OFF the boat at Port Melbourne.

Edit #2: Video file too big but here it is off the boat. Someone going to be happy soon. 😎
    Attached Files
    Last edited by TBD; 08-04-2022, 06:10 PM.

Comment

On a side note, how much does super (gas) cost over there?

Comment

Originally posted by Jxp1962 View Post
        On a side note, how much does super (gas) cost over there?
        Here in Perth we're paying between AUD$1.60 to AUD$2.10 a litre for 95. 1 litre = 0.264 gallons. So we're paying between USD$6 to USD$7.95 a gallon. (if my math is correct? 😁) Add about 20c/litre for 98.

Comment

Here she is in Savannah. Don't worry, I'm not going to post EVERY day......just when there's something interesting to show/share 😁

Click image for larger version

Name:	C8 in Savannah2.png
Views:	170
Size:	588.6 KB
ID:	397952

Name:	C8 in Savannah.png
Views:	162
Size:	743.7 KB
ID:	397953

Comment

From another ausie based C8 owner.
            As a coincidence my Amplify Orange HTC came on athe same ship, the THEBEN, but on a voyage earlier in the year. It took 104 days from production (13 January 2022) in BG to Delivery (27 April 2022).
            Picture taken by 11ZSenator of my car leaving the Theben
            Just to clarify, till 20 May 2022 212 cars had been made for Australia and NZ. tbut to the end of July only 138 cars were in the hands of owners. The balance were still in transit.
            It is a long slow progress.
            The State of Western Australia is 3.9 times the size of Texas sTo date I have not seen another C8 on the road. We have 18 C8's in the state.
            Attached Files

Comment

So you can register and legally drive a left hand car in Australia?
              Thanks,
              Steve

Currently have 2014 Z51, Have a deposit for 2023 C8 Z07 3LZ 😁
              -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Z06 coming sometime in September 2022. Will be Hypersonic Gray HTC, two tone red interior, visible carbon fiber wheels, and Z07 with every piece of visible carbon fiber OEM acquire-able.
              -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by 11ZSenator View Post

Here in Perth we're paying between AUD$1.60 to AUD$2.10 a litre for 95. 1 litre = 0.264 gallons. So we're paying between USD$6 to USD$7.95 a gallon. (if my math is correct? 😁) Add about 20c/litre for 98.
                . Really, not that much worse than us… and 95 or 98 octane ?

good luck with the new ride !

Comment

Originally posted by smajicek View Post
                  They are producing Right Hand Drive Corvettes.

Name:	FD71C2BA-113C-4640-B7C2-7A895DB75EAC.webp
Views:	165
Size:	29.5 KB
ID:	398004
                  Black over Sky Cool Gray.....2LT.....Z51.....FE4.....E60.....

Comment

The question about why C8s headed to Australia and New Zealand aren't shipped from the US west coast is a good one because that would certainly be logical on the surface. However, the Port of Baltimore (MD) is only about a 1-day truck trip from BGA. The trip from BGA to a US west coast port involves a combination of train and truck travel, which could take up to a couple of weeks with a lot of loading and unloading that always risks damage and more exposure to the elements. Many of the export cars are going to Europe, so they can also likely deliver a full truck load to Baltimore.

It's safer for the cars to be placed on the ship as soon as possible such that it is less subject to damage and exposure to the elements. It may also be a quicker delivery to Australia/New Zealand from an east coast US port, even though that may seem counterintuitive.

Just about every time we are are out on the Chesapeake Bay, we see a dozen or so car carriers either enroute to or from the port, or anchored waiting their turn to load or unload. On any given day, large storage lots around the port contain thousands and thousand of vehicles either waiting to be picked by car carriers or loaded onto ships.

The Port of Baltimore is also one of the few that never suffered the gridlock leading to supply chain problems that were widely reported at places like the Port of Los Angeles.
                    Last edited by Foosh; 08-05-2022, 10:18 AM.

Comment

She's made her final farewell to her place of birth in "Good Ole USA"....she'll be well looked after Down Under.

Name:	C8 departed Savannah.png
Views:	120
Size:	296.0 KB
ID:	398488

Comment

Originally posted by smajicek View Post
                        As Meldoon said, we're getting our C8's RHD out of BGA. This is a VERY BIG DEAL for us Aussies & Kiwis as this is the first time EVER that we can buy NEW corvettes from a Dealer. All other 'vettes are personally imported in LHD config and then if the 'vette is less than 25years old it needs to be converted locally to RHD at HUGE expense - around $50K! So most of the LHD vettes are C1/C2/C3/C4's and we don't see many C5/6/7's.

Comment

She's at her next port of call - Manzanillo Panama

Name:	C8 in Manzanillo Panama3.png
Views:	79
Size:	499.0 KB
ID:	399862

Name:	C8 in Manzanillo Panama2.png
Views:	74
Size:	699.5 KB
ID:	399864

Name:	C8 in Manzanillo Panama1.png
Views:	74
Size:	681.5 KB
ID:	399863

Comment

Now she's in Cartagena Columbia as per schedule. Just seams a tad strange that she's doing a counter-intuitive route.....I'd have thought Cartagena would've been before Manzanillo as she has to back-track to go through the Panama Canal. Anyway, main thing is she's still on schedule. Hopefully I'll get some web-cam shots of her passing through the canal (thanks for the tip John, yeah sleep is over-rated 😁).

Name:	C8 in Cartagena Colombia.png
Views:	63
Size:	437.9 KB
ID:	400287

Name:	C8 in Cartagena Colombia2.png
Views:	66
Size:	220.9 KB
ID:	400284 Click image for larger version

Name:	C8 in Cartagena Colombia3.png
Views:	65
Size:	299.6 KB
ID:	400285

Name:	C8 in Cartagena Colombia4.png
Views:	64
Size:	376.6 KB
ID:	400286

Comment

Very exciting watching your cars journey! The anticipation must be (almost) unbearable! I hope you can video your first in person meeting with your new hot rod. First start up……press that “Z” button so as to hear that exhaust opened up the first time…..that never gets old! Really enjoying your journey…..thanks for sharing! 👍
                              Last edited by Meldoon; 08-12-2022, 07:07 AM.
                              Black over Sky Cool Gray.....2LT.....Z51.....FE4.....E60.....

Comment

It is so exciting watching your baby on its voyage. Do you know the name of your RO-Ro? Is so please post a picture here. They are the most interesting looking ships.
                                Z06 coming late this summer: Hypersonic Gray HTC, two tone blue interior, complete high wing/aero package. CCB’s, with every piece of visible carbon fiber available to us. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 24 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X