Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

CORVETTE TODAY #109 - Corvette News & Headlines, Mid-May 2022

Join your CORVETTE TODAY host, Steve Garrett and Keith Cornett from CorvetteBlogger.com and they discuss what’s happening with America’s Sports Car. https://youtu.be/LY-bD8tscBs; https://podcasts.adorilabs.com/corve...HXCQFbRpXxWPtK
1. Hard Top Convertibles now account for 48% of Corvette orders
2. Here are the most popular Corvette colors of 2022
3. 70th anniversary models delayed because of wheel constraints
4. Export versions of the C8 Z06 with corner mounted exhaust will be exported
5. The 2023 Stingray/Z06 Owner’s Manual available for download
6. The 2023 C8 Z06 is the official Pace Car for the Indianapolis 500
7. Corvette Racing’s drivers take a C8 Stingray on the track at Spring Mountain
8. Corvette Hall Of Fame inductees announced
9. Corvette is the AutoCar 2022 Dream Car of the Year

CORVETTE TODAY is the best way to stay current on what’s happening with Corvette! Don’t miss this episode…..

LISTEN TO THE PODCAST, WATCH THE YOUTUBE VIDEO, SIGN UP FOR EMAIL NOTIFICATIONS AND JOIN THE FACEBOOK GROUP AT:

www.CorvetteTodayPodcast.com
2 of 2 < >

2023 Corvette Info Including SR Pricing, SR 2023 Visualizer, 70th Anniversary SR/Z06 Press Release; The C8 Z06 Press Release, Order Guide & Its Visualizer Link

See more
See less

Joyrides and dealer damage to my C8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by algjst View Post
    I bought my 2021 C8 from Kerbeck,now Ciocca, in Atlantic City, NJ. I live in Pennsylvania, about 100 miles from Atlantic City, so I needed to find a local Chevy dealer to take my C8 for routine maintenance, yearly state inspection, etc. I found a dealer near me and have taken my C8 there for service three times, so far, since I took delivery from Kerbeck in January, 2021. I have the PDR set to activate each time the car is started, so both video and audio are recorded. In my three visits to the local dealer, twice the service technician has taken my car out for joyrides. The recording of the last joyride revealed that the technician had a passenger from the dealer along with him, and showed they reached nearly 75mph on a local road with a posted speed limit of 35mph. Even worse was that there is an elementary school along the road where the joyride occurred. After returning home from that visit to the dealer and viewing the PDR recording, I contacted them to report what had occurred.

Yesterday was the first time I washed my C8 since that last visit to the dealer in March. While washing the car, I found damage to the side skirting below the passenger side door. Upon closer inspection, it was obvious that the damage was from an arm of a floor lift pushing up on the side skirting. Obviously the lift was not correctly positioned when the car was lifted. I don't think the skirting is cracked, but the paint is definitely cracked along the skirting where the lift arm pushed up on it. I contacted the dealer again to report the damage done to my car. They asked if they could take a look at, so I took the car there right away. They agreed to repair the damage after they saw it.

I'm not going to name the dealer, because it's possible that I'm just unlucky and others have had good experiences with this dealer. But I will say that the dealer is located in Bethlehem, PA. I am curious if anyone else has had bad dealer service experiences like mine? I'm sure there are others, since we've all seen those photos of Corvettes falling off lifts. Fortunately that didn't happen to me, but I think I may be looking for another dealer to take my C8 for service in the future.

Click image for larger version  Name:	lift damage 01.jpg Views:	266 Size:	167.4 KB ID:	374954 Click image for larger version  Name:	lift damage 02.jpg Views:	263 Size:	102.3 KB ID:	374952 Click image for larger version  Name:	lift damage 03.jpg Views:	262 Size:	97.1 KB ID:	374951 Click image for larger version  Name:	lift damage 04.jpg Views:	261 Size:	186.6 KB ID:	374953
    From the picture, that appears to be more then just paint cracking, but its hard to tell. Be prepared if that lower rocker has to be replaced it will involve a thorough disassembly of that side of the car (front fender, rear qtr and probably the door at a minimum). If I am not mistaken that is one of the first (painted) parts put on the car and it's glued not bolted (well it maybe a combination of glue and bolts) but its not super easy to get off. I know this because mine had to be replaced (I was hit in a parking lot my car was stopped) and a friend who also had damage on that part just got the quote from the dealer to replace that part as well (almost $8k), glad this will be on the dealership.

Hopefully it is just paint only and you will be on your way in no time, Keep us posted on how everything turns out.
    My Tactics Instructor use to say "it doesn't matter what you carry....but you can never have enough ammo".

Cars: 2020 ELB 3LT Z51 (by far my favorite car that I have owned) 1973 Camaro RS RestoMod (LSX454) if I ever finish, 1995 Mitsubishi 3000GT (was my Dad's car, lots of sentimental meaning), 2020 BMW X6 (fun SUV).

Comment

From one dealer, after service I always found my radio stations changed, the mode selector on a different setting. I changed dealers. When dealers use a porter to move the car I suspect ****ering with the corvette features is subject to the most curious. Charlie aka cutnout

Comment

Originally posted by STINGmole View Post
        I can't believe stuff like this still happens. Chevrolet (and other brands) really need to start improving the service experience if they want to keep customers! Once your car costs >$60K the expectations are raised IMO. When you drop off your Lamborghini to the valet, it goes without saying that they don't take it for a couple of laps around the block. The same can be said for your Corvette when you take it in for an oil change.
        Truth. When you purchase a premium product, you are not just paying for the car. You are paying for the experience that comes with it. Common sense.

When we lived overseas, we purchased the BMW's we had/have (the X3 is gone, but still have the 335is until the C8 arrives) through the BMW Military Sales Program. As such, you pay less than what a dealership here pays for one (it's on the order of about 50% off), and you don't pay US-based sales tax either. However, all the BMW dealerships/service centers, both in Germany and here in the US that took care of our cars, treated us with the same courtesy & respect as those customers who paid significantly higher than we did. BMW understands that with the purchase of one of their high quality cars, you deserve a high quality customer service experience to go with it. Simple.

When we brought home our Cadillac, we discovered a quality issue with the RH aft passenger door locking mechanism. Not a big deal; it was not a safety concern, but needed to be corrected in due course. So I called up the local Cadillac dealership & service center to schedule an appointment to get a warranty claim going. The Service Manager told me two things, straight up:

"You have to take the car back to the dealership that you got it from", and after explaining to him that the dealership we got the car from was over 3 hours away, he ultimately said, "The fact of the matter is that you didn't purchase the car from us, so we're not touching it".

Pretty odd, considering that you see no such language in the manuals that came with the car, that specifically state "Certified Cadillac Service Center", not "The dealer who sold you the car". I made it known that he was less than 30 minutes from us, but went ahead and sent us 3 hours back to our dealer anyways. Unacceptable, straight up.

This was Cadillac of Waldorf, literally less than 30 minutes from us. We ultimately made a trip all the way back out to Salisbury, where the Hertrich staff went out of their way to make sure we were taken care of. Again, cannot say enough about Hertrich, but I registered a complaint against Cadillac of Waldorf with Cadillac Customer Care, but have not seen any movement on it.

I was so apprehensive from the Cadillac experience that I double checked with the local Chevrolet dealership/service center, who told me 50 way from Sunday that they will accommodate the Corvette when the time comes before we move out west.
        Last edited by ShrikePilot; 05-06-2022, 07:13 AM.

Comment

Sorry to hear your dealer service techs taking joy rides and you found some crazy damage as well. I hope everything gets resolved to your satisfaction.

good luck

Comment

I like to post when I think I am sharing info. A big chevrolet dealer in Melborne Fl had a good way to treat corvette owners needing service. You logged in with the service rep but your corvette did not move until the certified tech came to get it. I really liked that plus the tech had his own service stall complete with a computer to contact BG for advice. cutnout aka Charlie

Comment

I can't say this about all BMW Service, but my personal BMW Service is an exemplary model of how Car Service should be. We're personally greeted by our Service Manager and Service Technician. They go over what they're going to check, then communicate their findings and then get your approval on next steps. The car is always cleaned and washed afterwards, and complementary NEW Vehicle is offered if needed for up to 5 days.

I'd be happy if GM did half that.
              1999 C5 Magnetic Red Coupe -Z51 - SOLD 7/31/21
              2021 C8 Red Mist Z51 HTC, 2LT -
              Delivered 8/28/21 @ The National Corvette Museum
              Mag Ride & Front Lift Carbon Flash Top/Mirrors/AH Splitter & Skirts, STD Silver Wheels, GT2 2-Tone Seats Sky Cool Grey/Black

Comment

GM should have a certification for the whole dealership, not just the tech. And regular surprise inspections to validate contining compliance. Noncompliance means no Corvette allocation. This would improve the customer experience and may also weed out some of the dealers playing games with ADM. (I don't mind ADM as long as they are upfront about it and keep their word about
                ​​whatever they said it would be)

Comment

Originally posted by alton View Post
                  After seeing others have issues with their dealers service, next time I go to have my C8 serviced I am taking cookies and bundt cakes. My dealer has done a great job for eight years first on my C7 and now on my C8.
                  My Corvette's get great service I knew I wasn't the only one. Some are painting with too broad of brush their are good dealers and techs out there.

Comment

My solution to joy rides is - I never leave the dealership. And I often go into the service to department to check progress and let them know I'm around and watching.
                    C8 Coupe, Zeus Bronze, 3LT, TU7, HUE, GUI, CF7, EFY, EYK, J6N, NPP, E60, STI, VQK

Comment

Originally posted by Ralston View Post
                      My solution to joy rides is - I never leave the dealership. And I often go into the service to department to check progress and let them know I'm around and watching.
                      You're like me ... I schedule to be the first in line and I camp out with my Laptop and find a spot where I can check progress myself.
                      1999 C5 Magnetic Red Coupe -Z51 - SOLD 7/31/21
                      2021 C8 Red Mist Z51 HTC, 2LT -
                      Delivered 8/28/21 @ The National Corvette Museum
                      Mag Ride & Front Lift Carbon Flash Top/Mirrors/AH Splitter & Skirts, STD Silver Wheels, GT2 2-Tone Seats Sky Cool Grey/Black

Comment

Originally posted by algjst View Post
                        I bought my 2021 C8 from Kerbeck,now Ciocca, in Atlantic City, NJ. I live in Pennsylvania, about 100 miles from Atlantic City, so I needed to find a local Chevy dealer to take my C8 for routine maintenance, yearly state inspection, etc. I found a dealer near me and have taken my C8 there for service three times, so far, since I took delivery from Kerbeck in January, 2021. I have the PDR set to activate each time the car is started, so both video and audio are recorded. In my three visits to the local dealer, twice the service technician has taken my car out for joyrides. The recording of the last joyride revealed that the technician had a passenger from the dealer along with him, and showed they reached nearly 75mph on a local road with a posted speed limit of 35mph. Even worse was that there is an elementary school along the road where the joyride occurred. After returning home from that visit to the dealer and viewing the PDR recording, I contacted them to report what had occurred.

Yesterday was the first time I washed my C8 since that last visit to the dealer in March. While washing the car, I found damage to the side skirting below the passenger side door. Upon closer inspection, it was obvious that the damage was from an arm of a floor lift pushing up on the side skirting. Obviously the lift was not correctly positioned when the car was lifted. I don't think the skirting is cracked, but the paint is definitely cracked along the skirting where the lift arm pushed up on it. I contacted the dealer again to report the damage done to my car. They asked if they could take a look at, so I took the car there right away. They agreed to repair the damage after they saw it.

I'm not going to name the dealer, because it's possible that I'm just unlucky and others have had good experiences with this dealer. But I will say that the dealer is located in Bethlehem, PA. I am curious if anyone else has had bad dealer service experiences like mine? I'm sure there are others, since we've all seen those photos of Corvettes falling off lifts. Fortunately that didn't happen to me, but I think I may be looking for another dealer to take my C8 for service in the future.

Click image for larger version  Name:	lift damage 01.jpg Views:	519 Size:	167.4 KB ID:	374954 Click image for larger version  Name:	lift damage 02.jpg Views:	512 Size:	102.3 KB ID:	374952 Click image for larger version  Name:	lift damage 03.jpg Views:	515 Size:	97.1 KB ID:	374951 Click image for larger version  Name:	lift damage 04.jpg Views:	512 Size:	186.6 KB ID:	374953
                        This is awful for you! I hope it will work itself out buth money and time wise!

Why are you protecting the dealership by not calling out stuff like this?

May I ask why you took your car to that same dealership after the first abuse of your car? Perhaps you did not have a chance to look over the PDR before the next visit?
                        Last edited by Top Off Action; 05-15-2022, 09:15 PM.
                        Coupe, 1LT, Rapid Blue, orange seat belts and black interior. ETA Late 2021.

First mods: tinted windows, orange DIY stitching, orange 12 o clock stripe on steering wheel, orange EL-wire in the cabin, orange engine cover, orange painted grille protectors and orange led light in engine bay✌️😎

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X