First issue at 22,400 miles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First issue at 22,400 miles

My check engine light went on, I took the car to my dealer. They traced it to a line blockage in the transmission which may be related to a sticky solonoid. They have a bulletin on this. After the holiday they will flush the line, so far replacement of the solonoid is not recommended.
    Torch red 1LT, no options. Built June 4, received July 2

Here’s to that flushing working perfectly and permanently for you. Happy Thanksgiving.
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

WillRockwell - what model year is your C8?

Comment

Originally posted by My1stVette View Post
        WillRockwell - what model year is your C8?
        Its one of the first 2020 models, VIN 3085

Comment

Originally posted by WillRockwell View Post

I hope it will work out smoothly. BTW kudos to your build! 1LT no options. I was aiming for that too, but just had to have the Rapid Blue color… 1,890 bucks in options…. I gave in to the pressure haha
          Coupe, 1LT, Rapid Blue, orange seat belts and black interior. ETA Late 2021.

First mods: tinted windows, orange DIY stitching, orange 12 o clock stripe on steering wheel, orange EL-wire in the cabin, orange engine cover, orange painted grille protectors and orange led light in engine bay✌️😎

Comment

Here is the service bulletin. Other C8's may encounter this issue as your mileage increases

https://www.corvetteactioncenter.com...-set-1492.html

Comment

I've had that happen twice now. First time was no big deal. Second time I lost my even gears, but they came back about 5 miles later. They flushed all my solenoids this time and I had them change the trans filter since I'm close to the year mark. Hopefully, it doesn't happen again.
              2021 Red Mist HTC / Z51 /Mag Ride / Yellow Calipers / C-Flash Mirrors and Wing / Front Lift / Black 3LT / CF Interior Trim / Yellow Belts and Stitching

Atomic Orange C6. Plenty of engine and suspension mods. Gone, but not forgotten

Comment

Originally posted by WillRockwell View Post

I'm serial #2995. I just turned 10,000 miles. No DCT issues yet.

Comment

2022, DCT filter at 900 miles. Did the filter as a preventative move, did not change the fluid. I was very careful how I drove the car during break-in, lots of varied throttle. I have stirred the fluid to bring the contamination into view. Car has not exhibited any issues at all. I will likely do the fluid and the filter(again) at 2000 miles. Note what looks like brass colored powder in the fluid. Currently at 1300 miles and all is good.Click image for larger version  Name:	609E7A6E-CAAC-48E0-9059-28EBA3A4F0D4.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.84 MB ID:	335986
                  Last edited by BillmanMotionC8; Today, 08:55 AM.

Comment

Does anyone know the thread pitch/size of the DCT drain plug? I want to have a magnetic plug on hand for when I do the first fluid change.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X