Mike Furman's Spring Mountain Class October 3rd & 4th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike Furman's Spring Mountain Class October 3rd & 4th

I know STVDMAN and I will be there. Anyone else from MECF?
    Last edited by meyerweb; 10-07-2021, 08:38 PM.
    Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust

Gone but not forgotten: SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Yes! I will be driving up from Phoenix tomorrow morning.. (was last up there in 2015 when I got my C7)

Comment

Can someone tell me what the 2021 GM discount is for Ron Fellows with the purchase of a new 2021 C8?

Comment

Originally posted by zuri2020 View Post
        Can someone tell me what the 2021 GM discount is for Ron Fellows with the purchase of a new 2021 C8?
        The class is, I think, normally $3,500. With the discount, you pay $1,000 for the class and a room for 1 night. GM covers the rest. (The included room is for the night in between the 2 days. Most people pay for the night before the first class, and that's on you. )

Note that to get the discount you have to take the class within 1 year of purchasing the car.
        Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust

Gone but not forgotten: SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Comment

I’ll actually be up there behind you on 10/21 - 10/23. I turn 52 that week, and it’s my birthday gift to myself and my first time at the track where I’ll actually be driving the car rather than watching JR win at (Fill in racetrack Here).

Enjoy your time there and drive it like you stole it but also within your skill level safely
          07/01/20 Deposit @ VanBortels on 2021 C8 Coupe; 08/01/20 Prelim Order Status 1100; 01/21/21 Final Order Status 2000; 01/27/21 Status 3000; 03/06/21 Status 3300 (TPW 03/22/21); 03/16/21 Status 3400; 03/22/21 Status 3800; 03/23/21 Status 4B00; 03/26/21 Status 4D00: Status 4200; 04/02/21; 04/06/21 Status 5000; 2LT Coupe; GMO; DSZ; Q8Q; HTA; AQ9; E60; FE2; NPP; ERI

”I’m not the best in town, but I’m the best, until the best comes around“

Comment

There are a few of us (MECF members here today. Me, STVDMAN, SUNCHASER, ForkAuto, and ALF01 at a minimum. Maybe others I don't know about. Class starts tomorrow, but since there's no such thing as too many C8 photos, here are a couple to wet our appetites.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20211003_171023 resized.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	416.6 KB
ID:	316802

Name:	20211003_170918 resized.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	298.1 KB
ID:	316803

Comment

Can’t wait to do some driving today

Comment

Please, keep the updates coming!

Mike Scibetta
                St Cloud, FL
                Future Owner/Operator of 2022 C8 Corvette

Comment

I hate to miss you folks. I will be there Oct. 8 - 9. Enjoy your time ! 😎
                  HTC black Z51 mag ride lift 3LTcustom interior adrenalin red two tone seats red stitchingfull length racing stripe, carbon flashmirror, carbon fibershadow gray accentsbattery protectionedge red caliperstrident spoke painted silvermuseum deliverycarbon fiber grillcarbon fiber hash marks/edge redcarbon fiber ground effectsGT2bucket seatscarbon fiber interior trimsuede steering wheeltwo tone seatspremium floor mats(splash guards

Comment

DJNSoxFan was there, too.

Comment

Had a rare rainstorm in Pahrump Tuesday morning. Got to go "Racing in the Rain." Pretty interesting, actually. Also did one round of autocross in the wet.

Name:	copy_SM_4853.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	930.6 KB
ID:	317947

Comment

And here's the class photo. I'm on the far right. I'll let the other MECF members who were there identify themselves if they wish.

Name:	copy class photo.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	1.67 MB
ID:	317949

Comment

Originally posted by meyerweb View Post
                          Had a rare rainstorm in Pahrump Tuesday morning. Got to go "Racing in the Rain." Pretty interesting, actually. Also did one round of autocross in the wet.

Name:	copy_SM_4853.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	930.6 KB
ID:	317947
                          How did the C8 handle in the rain going at speed? Did you have to hold back a lot?

Comment

Originally posted by pksjc View Post

How did the C8 handle in the rain going at speed? Did you have to hold back a lot?
                            The laps are lead - follow, so the instructors hold speeds down to safe levels. But with PTM set to Wet mode (not the same as Weather mode), the cars handled it well. You could get the rear to step out if you weren't judicious with the throttle, but the stabilitrak and traction control brought it back into line quickly. But yes, while the car is very good in the wet, you certainly don't have the same traction as in the dry, so need to slow down.

Comment

Originally posted by meyerweb View Post

The laps are lead - follow, so the instructors hold speeds down to safe levels. But with PTM set to Wet mode (not the same as Weather mode), the cars handled it well. You could get the rear to step out if you weren't judicious with the throttle, but the stabilitrak and traction control brought it back into line quickly. But yes, while the car is very good in the wet, you certainly don't have the same traction as in the dry, so need to slow down.
                              Thanks for the info and good to know it handles well in wet. I haven't had a chance to drive in the TX downpours yet, but I'm sure that day will come.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X