Amazing fuel consumption

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amazing fuel consumption

Went to Lake Tahoe from the Bay Area, roundtrip on a single tank of gas, 460 miles. Fuel consumption even better than my Subaru (close to 30mpg ). Now, if only the premium gas was not close to $5 per gallon !!!!!
    2021 HTC 2LT, NPP, Mag ride

That is really great ... 👍
    1999 C5 Magnetic Red Coupe -Z51 - SOLD 7/31/21
    2021 C8 Red Mist Z51 HTC, 2LT Mag Ride & Front Lift

Carbon Flash Top/Mirrors/AH Splitter & Skirts, STD Silver Wheels
    GT2 2-Tone Seats Sky Cool Grey/Black

Delivered – August 28th @ The National Corvette Museum

Comment

Way cool, and it could do even better with non ethanol 93 octane. Sorry you cant get the good fuel in Calif. I lived in the bay area for 50 years. nice drive from bay area to Tahoe ,,,, if the traffic is ok.
      3LT Long Beach Red , Z51, FE4 , ZZ3, Black interior ,38S red stitching, Q8T, FA5, ER1, CFX, and R8C

Comment

Originally posted by maxvette View Post
        Went to Lake Tahoe from the Bay Area, roundtrip on a single tank of gas, 460 miles. Fuel consumption even better than my Subaru (close to 30mpg ). Now, if only the premium gas was not close to $5 per gallon !!!!!
        Paying $2.95 per gallon93 at a Costco in Southern Maryland. But. California is beautiful.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepDog View Post

Paying $2.95 per gallon93 at a Costco in Southern Maryland. But. California is beautiful.
          Costco is $4.29, normal price $4.99, crazy gas stations around my house $5.79....
          2021 HTC 2LT, NPP, Mag ride

Comment

California wins first place again,,, highest price for gasoline in the United States. but the weather used to be nice.
            3LT Long Beach Red , Z51, FE4 , ZZ3, Black interior ,38S red stitching, Q8T, FA5, ER1, CFX, and R8C

Comment

With the dry winter, there are already several big fires going on in CA and OR. Let's hope it doesn't turn the sky to ash again like last year.

Comment

I remember a side conversation I had with Tadge at a NCM Bash about ten years ago. He said that while everyone said “we bought a Corvette because it is a sports car,” whenever I meet people for the first time especially if they have driven a fair way to get to the Corvette event, one of the very first things they tell me is, “I got 31.4 MPG” (or thereabouts) on my way here.”

C8 mileage rocks! Even when we are having fun it does fairly well. On our last 2,000 mile trip we average 30 MPG.

GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

On my trip to NCM and back a couple of weeks ago, I got 32 mpg at speeds between 70 and 75, and on a 150 mile stretch with the cruise control set at 79 I got 30 mpg.

For a car that can also go 0-60 in 3 seconds, that's incredible. It's not why I bought the car, but I'm happy to save money on gas when I can.
                  Last edited by meyerweb; 07-13-2021, 07:08 PM.
                  Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust

Gone but not forgotten: SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

I don't think I've seen above 22 mpg on a trip so far....

Edited to add: I took a look at my averages and they're about 15 mpg for around town. The only reason I drive the freeways is to get to the canyons, and it averages out less than 20 mpg on most trips.
                    Last edited by shiumai; 07-17-2021, 06:41 PM.

Comment

When the highway is moving freely and cruise is set at 70 mph, it is amazing how good the mileage is.
                      2021 Red Mist HTC / Z51 /Mag Ride / Yellow Calipers / C-Flash Mirrors and Wing / Front Lift / Black 3LT / CF Interior Trim / Yellow Belts and Stitching

Atomic Orange C6. Plenty of engine and suspension mods. Gone, but not forgotten

Comment

The C8 has a 18.5 gallon tank so you should have had still about 3 gallons left after your 460 mile trip if your average was around 30 MPG. That's nice.

Do you remember how many gallons it took when you filled up?
                        Rocket City Florida- 2001 ZO6 - 2013 427 Vert - 2020 Stingray

Comment

The price you pay for this great mileage when on a long cruise, is lousy gas mileage around town! I seem to be more like 15 mpg on local roads. I only just hit 500 miles, so I haven't been crazy-crazy when I drive it, but ain't no grandma either! I'm only paying near $4.00/gal for premium where I live. I can live with this local gas mileage, because of the sheer joy this thing brings me to drive around and turn heads!!! :-)

Comment

$3.15 for premium BP 93 octane here in the middle of the country. I have never gotten below 23 MPG around town, and always 33+ on the highway. Have a range of just over 500 miles at that MPG. Of course, highway and in town we are not throttling up much.

Comment

Originally posted by Jetdriver View Post
                              $3.15 for premium BP 93 octane here in the middle of the country. I have never gotten below 23 MPG around town, and always 33+ on the highway. Have a range of just over 500 miles at that MPG. Of course, highway and in town we are not throttling up much.
                              Are you in automatic or manual? I’ve never gotten close to that around town, but I do drive in manual, so maybe I’m holding in a gear longer than the automatic would. Don’t get me wrong,,,,,,I’m not complaining. But I’ve never got near 20 mpg with this thing!!!

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X