Is a flash considered a wave?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is a flash considered a wave?

My C8 is my first Corvette, and I have been oblivious of the 10 Commandments of Corvette owners.
    However, I have always given other Corvettes a double flash, is this considered an acceptable wave?
    Torch red 1LT, no options. Built June 4, received July 2

I do the same to all my fellow corvette owners. 👍

Comment

I'm a long time vette owner and can not remember anyone flashing their lights as a wave. Do you get a wave back from anyone? 🙋‍♂️
      5/27/20 - 1st Deposit with Mike
      NCM Delivery August 2nd 2021

Comment

The wave is a more personal greeting, and It's what I do. I also like to do a "double rev" (both paddles in) as a greeting when the situation provides the opportunity.

The last time I did a double flash was as a goodbye. About a week ago I pulled onto a smooth Southern Michigan country highway (1 lane in each direction) behind a nice C3, and we proceeded to drive "in a spirited manner" through the Michigan countryside for about 10 miles until reaching the next small town, where I needed to turn. So I flashed him twice from behind as a goodbye.

And yes, I could have easily passed him if I chose to.
        My C8:
        '20 Elkhart Lake Blue 2LT Coupe, Natural Interior, GT2 Two-Tone Seats, Performance Exhaust, Front Lift, Carbon Flash Wheels, Engine Appearance Package 2000 Status December 27, 2019; 3000 Status January 2, 2020; 3400 Status March 10, 2020;TPW March 16, 2020; Built June 4th, 2020 (COVID-19); Delivery July 1, 2020

Current Vettes:
        '68 Lemans Blue 327/350 Convertible
        '91 Turquoise Convertible with Hardtop
        '14 Lime Rock Green 2LT Convertible, Black Top, Kalahari, 7-Speed, Performance Exhaust

Comment

BMW's 'flash' their lights..... Corvette drivers 'wave'..... Ferrari drivers just nod.
          2020 HTC Torch Red with lots of goodies. Built in September. Museum Delivered in October......

Other toys in the garage: Ferrari California, BMW i8 Roadster, Bentley Flying Spur

Comment

I wave with top down👋. Flash with top/windows up since other driver cannot see interior while passing by. Getting return flash 90% of the time.
            Heidi
            Save the Wave
            2021 TR HTC 2LT (HTM DTH D86 E60 FE2 Q8T J6F NPP VQK AH2 SQU AH2)

Comment

Originally posted by tjmorri View Post
              I'm a long time vette owner and can not remember anyone flashing their lights as a wave. Do you get a wave back from anyone? 🙋‍♂️
              Yes they all respond

Comment

Reaching out to others is the nice thing to do however we do it though I also do the Corvette wave.
                GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

There are a lot of Corvettes here and a lot of Corvette Clubs. Rarely does one ever flash or anything else.
                  Rocket City Florida- 2001 ZO6 - 2013 427 Vert - 2020 Stingray

Comment

A Flash is as good as a Wave….

reminds me of old Faces album…….

A Nod is as good as a Wink……..to a blind horse…..👍😎
                    Black over Sky Cool Gray.....2LT.....Z51.....FE4.....E60.....

Comment

Corvette ownership here for 45 years. No one flashes lights. Wave only.

Comment

Thanks for all the advice.
                        I began flashing at Corvettes before I was aware of the Ten Commandments, just as a way to acknowledge our shared history and celebration of the brand.
                        In future I will wave if it is possible, otherwise I will continue the double flash of my impressive LED headlights, I doubt anyone will be offended.

Comment

No way to flash with these. I'll stick to waving.

Click image for larger version

Name:	002r.JPG
Views:	227
Size:	594.2 KB
ID:	283675
                          1966 coupe - Sunfire Yellow / Black
                          2004 Z06 - Millennium Yellow / Black

NCM Lifetime Member since 2003

Comment

Originally posted by tooold2race View Post
                            BMW's 'flash' their lights.....
                            Lol no they don't

Comment

Originally posted by brad66 View Post
                              No way to flash with these. I'll stick to waving.

Click image for larger version

Name:	002r.JPG
Views:	227
Size:	594.2 KB
ID:	283675
                              You could "Blink" LOL... Nice C5 there... Looks exactly like mine did, except mine was a soft top. I loved that shade of yellow..
                              Delivered 6/30/21: The Red Demon 2021 3LT Red Mist HTC.
                              Jet Black Interior w/Red Stitching and Carbon Fiber Interior Trim. Carbon Flash Roof, Nacelles and Mirrors. Front Lift. Spectra Gray Trident Wheels w/Edge Red Calipers. Chrome Exterior Badge Package. Midnight Silver with CF accent fender hash marks.
                              AGM Carbon Fiber 5VM package, High Wing Spoiler, Rear Diffuser, Engine Vents, Mirror Caps, Front Grill Inserts, and Door Boomerangs.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X