Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Corvette Today Podcast: TONS OF NEWS THIS WEEK

We've been doing Corvette news & headlines podcasts on CORVETTE TODAY since September 2020. I don't remember ever doing a news & headlines podcast with this much critical information packed into one podcast! https://podcasts.adorilabs.com/show/...ppfrkBCyZstwdl. This is a "must listen" to podcast. Here are a few of the topics covered in this episode....

1. Chevrolet confirms the introduction this Fall of the 2023 C8 Z06 with a new video release-and it sounds like a Ferrari
2. Corvette dominates sales in Q2 2021
3. Chevy dealerships have received their first 2022 C8 allocations
4. Callaway looks ahead to 2022 and the Callaway C8 Corvette
5. Right-hand drive C8 is revealed at the Goodwood Festival of Speed in the UK
6. New GT-3 spec C8.R expected in 2024
7. California will start failing cars with tuned ECU’s during smog checks
8. The National Corvette Museum delivers their 14,000th Corvette
9. A couple exchanges wedding vows before taking delivery of their C8 at the NCM
10. "Life in the Fast Lane" by The Eagles is a story of cocaine and a fast Corvette
11. Sigala Designs shows off a completed widebody kit for the C8
See more
See less

Why am I teaching the Tech about my new C8?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why am I teaching the Tech about my new C8?

Bought my car late in the evening and went back to the dealer the next morning for some questions. 1. How to open frunk properly. Tech said it can only be done w fob. Ok. 2. When I press park isn't there an emergency brake? Tech. No it engages when you press park. Ok. 3. Is the only 12v plug receptacle in the frunk. I want to plug my tire compressor like in my '17 z06. Tech. No plug but in the frunk. 4. How do I get my car to self lock and flash lights and horn on exit? After trying to set up for 10 min. tech said, " it's not a feature on this car". Need to use fob or button on door. Ok. And I could go on. So yes I could have dug up all this by reading the manual cover to cover overnight but figured I'd short circuit it and go straight to the horses mouth to quickly set up these items in my new car. After returning home I learned all the answers on my own and went back to the dealership to see the tech. Showed him the plug under glove box, switch for frunk under headlamp, how to set up self lock system in computer and where the parking brake is. I told him this is some info he may be aware of to help other owners in the future. Is this bad or what? Anyone else seeing such poorly trained techs at your dealerships?

Unfortunately your experience is not unique. Not at some Chevy dealers nor at most other brand dealership. Yet there are some excellent Chevy servicing departments too. I got rid of two Chevy dealership service shops, now drive by them (and quite a few more), driving 90 miles each way to get my C8 outstandingly serviced.

Here’s a useful link for those also needing to find the right Chevy service personnel.

https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...ing-department
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Perhaps you were talking to the wrong end of the horse?! 😁

Comment

Sounds like you went to the horses mouth and got the horses ***
        Torch red 1LT, no options. Built June 4, received July 2

Comment

I have been told that dealers were required to train at least one Corvette tech. I know 2 dealers locally that have not trained any to replace ones that left. Charlie aka cutnout

Comment

That is sad.
            GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

When we picked up our Z51 last August 31, the sales guy happened to proudly announce that the tech had done an outstanding job on the PDI..... then he happens to mention that the rear brake ducts were also installed........ I had to point out to him that they are for track only use, and to please remove them and put them back in the plastic bag and put them in in the trunk.... they did.

Really nice folks, but not too sharp on Corvettes. I had been their educational tool for the 13 months I was order...... LOL ! Dealer even called me a few times seeking answers for other customer questions. Go figure.
              3LT Coupe, Z51 Torch Red with two toned Red/black interior. 5VM visible CF ground effects, Carbon Flash wheels, engine appearance package and Carbon Fiber interior trim. Mag Ride control. Red Calipers. VQK Splash Guards. Carbon fiber mirrors and spoiler. Carbon Fiber: door handles & boomerangs, Rear Diffuser with vertical diffuser fins, Rear Hatch Vents, engine bay surround pieces, and front grill trim.

Comment

"Teaching" your Corvette trained "TECH" about the car may not be in your best interest, unless you plan on having your car serviced permanently at another dealership. You may be remembered as a "smart..." and may be treated the same. Or are you referring to a "salesrep"? That's another story. Don't make enemies at the dealership you wish to continue dealing with is the moral of the story.

Comment

I hope a trained tech would appreciate learning things that they had either missed or were not included in their training, as long as they are learning from an owner who is polite and respectful. After being unable to answer the owner’s questions, having the correct answers explained should not be taken poorly. That being said, the sales people are the ones who are supposed to know the details about a car’s “features”, I don’t think that is necessarily something a tech is expected to know about every model, although I am sure they learn about most features over time.

Comment

I had a similar experience attempting to educate the service department (and the tech) on the front lift leak, which they insisted would be solved by replacing the reservoir and cap, but not the blue cap, the original, as well as the recent OTA update. One service advisor rather snidely mentioned that maybe I was following forums and shouldn’t listen to everything they post. As it turns out, the MECF advice was correct and the dealer ended up making the fixes as described by forum members. I recommended that the dealership could benefit from following the MECF. I will continue to partner with the service team and tech at my small dealer unless it becomes apparent that it is counterproductive, then I will travel an additional hour for service, like John does.

Comment

I don't know that I would expect the service tech to know everything about the settings for passive door locks, or different ways frunk could be opened but, parking brake? He should be informed on that detail. I know that I knew a h*** of a lot more about the car than the salesman that I bought it from did. He wasn't the salesperson that went to the Chevy school at this dealership, so I had to give him a pass on that one. While my gains in knowledge of the car have slowed somewhat due to time of ownership, I still learn something about the car frequently. The service writers lack some details about all the different cars they sell. The guy I deal with at my servicing dealership, did know about the shortage of transmission filters and ordered one ahead of time for me. And they worked closely with Chevy engineers to solve a transmission issue I had early on. I'll continue to use them as long as I'm confident that they have a C8 tech in the service bay. They treated me right during the sale, so I feel a little obligated to use their service, even though they aren't the largest dealer and there is one that is much closer to home.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X