Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Corvette Today Podcast: TONS OF NEWS THIS WEEK

We've been doing Corvette news & headlines podcasts on CORVETTE TODAY since September 2020. I don't remember ever doing a news & headlines podcast with this much critical information packed into one podcast! https://podcasts.adorilabs.com/show/...ppfrkBCyZstwdl. This is a "must listen" to podcast. Here are a few of the topics covered in this episode....

1. Chevrolet confirms the introduction this Fall of the 2023 C8 Z06 with a new video release-and it sounds like a Ferrari
2. Corvette dominates sales in Q2 2021
3. Chevy dealerships have received their first 2022 C8 allocations
4. Callaway looks ahead to 2022 and the Callaway C8 Corvette
5. Right-hand drive C8 is revealed at the Goodwood Festival of Speed in the UK
6. New GT-3 spec C8.R expected in 2024
7. California will start failing cars with tuned ECU’s during smog checks
8. The National Corvette Museum delivers their 14,000th Corvette
9. A couple exchanges wedding vows before taking delivery of their C8 at the NCM
10. "Life in the Fast Lane" by The Eagles is a story of cocaine and a fast Corvette
11. Sigala Designs shows off a completed widebody kit for the C8
See more
See less

First Dealer Service Day 1, Update Day 2 Update Day3 Day4 Day5 Day 6 Finalized

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by von.raab View Post
    I took my C8 (delivered in March 2020) into the dealer for it’s 1st oil change when the message popped up on the dash “Oil change due soon” at 2955 miles.

I thought it would be quick in and out. Not so, it turned out that car had 9 open recalls and that it will take 2 to 5 days for the fix.

1) GB Radio Continuous Improvement

2) Wheel Casting with Exposed Porosity

3) Transmission Module TCM Software

4) Incorrect Radio Frequency Identification Label

5) Open Hood Message

6) Driver May Overlook Open Hood Alert

7) Interior Trunk Release Button Inoperative Ten Minutes After Power Off

8) Park Brake Caliber Guide Pin Missing Retention Clip

9) Door Paint Chipping

Anyone have these same problem? Is this normal? Should I be worried after reading all the horror stories here?
    I wouldn't be worried - the dealers and GM together will make sure any issue will get resolved. Most of the updates and recall issues are very minor.
    There have been a few catastrophic issues for some but they were also sorted out and the owners seem to be confident that they are well taken care of.
    Rocket City Florida- 2001 ZO6 - 2013 427 Vert - 2020 Stingray

Comment

Originally posted by Plentyfast View Post

Understood now, still a GM Quality Issue in my book
      No question. Just not a paint failure.
      ​​​​​​
      Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust

Gone but not forgotten: SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Originally posted by Frenzy36 View Post

Well, 0525 and 8490 do not seen to be updated as not showing up in the menu for updates. Car seems fine now and do not have any driveability issues at all even the trans seems to shift great now without that thud on upshift from 3rd to 4th. They changed oil and filter when they replaced the damaged oil cooler (which was done at the factory) they also had to replace the coolant.
        That last update put my car into electronic gremlin issues. The service manager is going to reach out to GM to see about what should actually be shown in the screen for updates with the installed dates.

Does anyone with a 2020 have a screenshot of their updates ? ( Someone that had no issues with the update) There were actually 2 other C8's there with the same issues from that last update.

For now all is well and I have confidence they will get these things resolved.
        Really happy to hear you're on the road and enjoying the car!
        On Order: 2LT Coupe, Z51, Elkhart Lake Blue, GT2 seats, Edge Red Calipers, Mag Ride, Front Lift, High Wing spoiler, R8C museum delivery.

2000 status 5/1, 3000 on 5/4

Comment

Originally posted by Davii1775 View Post

Really happy to hear you're on the road and enjoying the car!
          I’ve never really had any serious issues with any of my GM Vehicles I’ve purchased, but the Wife is insisting I get an extend warranty if I’m going to retire in the next few years. So I’ll take a look at what GM as to offer and get the best deal, but I’m sure (hope) my luck continues.
          [Current Corvette 1999 C5 Z51 Magnetic Red Coupe]
          Depost 6/17/20, Allocation 4/20/21 RedMist 2LT HTC Z51 - TPW-8/2

Comment

Frenzy, I just caught up reading this nightmare you've been on. MY oh My.

When My OTA update failed and was giving me fits, I took it to my New Preferred dealership and they did their manual update in just over an hour. Told me they've had several others in just like mine, and that was weeks ago. I haven't had any issues since. I do have my 1 year service scheduled for the end of this month for my second oil change, and to get the new Transmission filter installed. I'm keeping my fingers crossed, (Praying) that you have all your troubles behind you.
            Rapid Blue 3LT, HTO Tension Blue, Z51, 5ZZ, E60, ZZ3, ZYC, FE4, J6N, FA5, Q8Q, SHW, VJR, C2Q, R8C

Comment

Originally posted by rickg747 View Post
              Frenzy, I just caught up reading this nightmare you've been on. MY oh My.

When My OTA update failed and was giving me fits, I took it to my New Preferred dealership and they did their manual update in just over an hour. Told me they've had several others in just like mine, and that was weeks ago. I haven't had any issues since. I do have my 1 year service scheduled for the end of this month for my second oil change, and to get the new Transmission filter installed. I'm keeping my fingers crossed, (Praying) that you have all your troubles behind you.
              Could you take a screenshot of your Updates ? They told me the first time they installed the updates when actually they were just all deleted.
              I am not seeing a couple of the latest on my updated screen.

Comment

Originally posted by George D. View Post
                When I bought my 2015 Dodge Viper I was told only a certified Generation 5 mechanic can work on it for any reason not even an oil change. The same should be with my C8. Dealer had my C8 motor and transmission removed and disassembled for lifter changes. None of them were certified to do so. GM gave them no formal factory training. The Viper required the mechanic to travel to the factory for certification.
                True about the SRT mechanics. Had my TRX let loose of a oil cooling line on the way to Houston lost 4 out of 7 quarts. Factory did not install it correctly. The SRT mechanic and his 2 helpers did get it fixed that day started on it at 2:30 and even stayed late so I could get back on the road to DFW. They did not have an open lift so they brought it over to the oil change area so it could be started on immediately. The TRX is the most sophisticated vehicle I have owned--puts the 2021 X5 M to shame.
                Click image for larger version  Name:	20210519_165653[1].jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.63 MB ID:	276855
                Last edited by Busa Dave; 06-04-2021, 11:45 AM.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	B3524D25-84F1-4B80-B187-013F17D1FD09.jpeg
Views:	151
Size:	3.17 MB
ID:	276914

Could you take a screenshot of your Updates ? They told me the first time they installed the updates when actually they were just all deleted.
                  I am not seeing a couple of the latest on my updated screen.
                  Frenzy

i just took this screenshot of my update list.

Rapid Blue 3LT, HTO Tension Blue, Z51, 5ZZ, E60, ZZ3, ZYC, FE4, J6N, FA5, Q8Q, SHW, VJR, C2Q, R8C

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	B3524D25-84F1-4B80-B187-013F17D1FD09.jpeg Views:	24 Size:	3.17 MB ID:	276914

Frenzy

This is probably a dumb question but a lot of information owners have presented here has been useful. I picked up my car 5/1/21. I imagine it should have all the updates you are all referring to but I don't know. Have not really seen anything much about this. Do I need to do something, am I missing something? Feedback appreciated.
                    Last edited by Rockmark; 06-04-2021, 04:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockmark View Post

This is probably a dumb question but a lot of information owners have presented here has been useful. I picked up my car 5/1/21. I imagine it should have all the updates you are all referring to but I don't know. Have not really seen anything much about this. Do I need to do something, am I missing something? Feedback appreciated.
                      My car #4699 was built July 8, 2020. These updates were performed by the factory, NCM, OTA and by the dealership. The latest update was the first to fail using my OTA which so far, has worked flawlessly. Many have had troubles with it including running the battery down.

You can select check for updates, and sometimes there will be a message that pops up prompting you to get the update.

Comment

Frenzy

Thank You Rick - Here is yours and mine for comparison and mine is missing the 8490 and 0525 update. I do not see it on yours either. Will be interesting to see if anyone's is different.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Updates.JPG Views:	0 Size:	1.32 MB ID:	276944
                        Last edited by Frenzy36; 06-04-2021, 04:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockmark View Post

There are no dumb questions. We are all learning as well as GM and the Technicians.
                          Yes most of the updates on your vehicle should have been completed at the factory. Possibly not the latest one. Which as Rick noted caused a bunch of people grief and electrical gremlins.

Comment

There are no dumb questions. We are all learning as well as GM and the Technicians.
                            Yes most of the updates on your vehicle should have been completed at the factory. Possibly not the latest one. Which as Rick noted caused a bunch of people grief and electrical gremlins.
                            Thanks Frenzy appreciate it. Then I'm not looking or touching anything till someone tells me to. We've all had experience I'm sure where everything was fine till we changed something.

Comment

Update - It has been 25 days and the C8 is performing Excellent. I have to give them credit for doing an outstanding job. Even though it was a nerve wrecking experience I am now confident that any future issues will be resolved.

Comment

Yes certainly there is. However I don't feel comfortable driving it across the state with a leaking fuel issue. And they do not give out loaners either.
                                Frenzy… that’s a really painful story line. It’s not critical to me now but I’m just up the road from you in Lake Mary and Ft Pierce so would like to touch base with you when I finally land our C8 to see where you end up finding Competent Service… Consider yourself the Scout Squad! 😉
                                202(1 or 2) Arctic White HTC Z51 with all the Goodies 😎

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X