Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Corvette Today Podcast: TONS OF NEWS THIS WEEK

We've been doing Corvette news & headlines podcasts on CORVETTE TODAY since September 2020. I don't remember ever doing a news & headlines podcast with this much critical information packed into one podcast! https://podcasts.adorilabs.com/show/...ppfrkBCyZstwdl. This is a "must listen" to podcast. Here are a few of the topics covered in this episode....

1. Chevrolet confirms the introduction this Fall of the 2023 C8 Z06 with a new video release-and it sounds like a Ferrari
2. Corvette dominates sales in Q2 2021
3. Chevy dealerships have received their first 2022 C8 allocations
4. Callaway looks ahead to 2022 and the Callaway C8 Corvette
5. Right-hand drive C8 is revealed at the Goodwood Festival of Speed in the UK
6. New GT-3 spec C8.R expected in 2024
7. California will start failing cars with tuned ECU’s during smog checks
8. The National Corvette Museum delivers their 14,000th Corvette
9. A couple exchanges wedding vows before taking delivery of their C8 at the NCM
10. "Life in the Fast Lane" by The Eagles is a story of cocaine and a fast Corvette
11. Sigala Designs shows off a completed widebody kit for the C8
See more
See less

First Dealer Service Day 1, Update Day 2 Update Day3 Day4 Day5 Day 6 Finalized

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Dealer Service Day 1, Update Day 2 Update Day3 Day4 Day5 Day 6 Finalized

I was dreading taking my C8 into dealer for service.

Quick Rundown for those who may have missed it.
    1. Recent OTA Update - Failed multiple times -drained my battery within 3 hours - Radio Staying on after exit and shutting down then turning back on.
    2. Heavy Fuel Smell - Also leaking under vehicle and onto garage floor - occasional not every time.
    3. At Idle - Occasional Stumbling and or studdering
    4. Upshifting under casual driving Loud Banging into gear into 3rd or 4th. Again occasional usually under light load.

Service Department - Sitting in office with huge window overlooking incoming cars explaining what was going on - attendant parks my car in first lane and I see him freaking out getting back in and restarting. Shuts off leaving driver window down. Gets back out listens - runs to C8 tech and brings him to car. I point out to the service writer what they are doing and why. He laughs and says he will fill them in when we are done. Their antics continue as they start and stop the car exiting the vehicle.
    After writeup about 2 pages of notes - I ask if any idea how long ? Answer - No telling - I ask What about a loaner vehicle ?- Answer - We do not give out loaner vehicles as we are too busy. However I could get you a ride home in a couple of hours. I say no thanks. I call on friend to pick me up. I have a cup of coffee in waiting room. I leave.
    2 hours later I get a call - Is the gas leaking out the side intakes? You know those black things on the side of the car? I explain to him I would suggest you lift the vehicle and see exactly where the leak is coming from if you have not. He explains we have not. I am then asked where the Air Filter Is? ( I earlier told him to check out the pads in back of the air filter as I heard tell that they were coming loose) I try to explain that they must open the trunk and take apart the inner trunk insert to access the air filter box and possibly they may find some pads behind the air filter which may have shifted or at least get a better clue as to where the fuel is coming from. ( Now I'm Getting - You Know). I was assured that this is a Certified C8 Tech. R E A L L Y ? Also he then told me that my car has 5 Open Recalls. One of which was the checking of the rims for porosity issue and they would be taking them off to check. My Reply - You had better not be taking those rims off my car as they are Aftermarket and I am well aware of the Stock Rim Issue and disliked them from day one. My rims are not stock.
    Half hour before closing time another call - Uh is it OK if we can keep your car for another day? I ask what is going on with it. - Answer - Well we really don't know that's why we would like to keep it another day. It will be locked up inside as we only keep the Corvettes locked up inside the shop.
    My Reply - Did you jack the car up or find out where the fuel was coming from ? - NO Were you able to correct the OTA update issue? Answer - Well I really don't know and the tech has gone home.

I am holding my words and giving them the benefit of the doubt. I am going to try to remain calm. Tomorrow will be a better day. (Will Update Tomorrow)

Day 2 Update - Service called - Transmission cooler leaking (The one right next to the oil filter on bottom which is bolted directly to bottom of engine.) They determined this was done at the Factory. When they put the socket on the bolts to secure it into place they scarred the extremely small fins on both sides of the cooler and caused very small pinholes in the coils on Both sides of the cooler. - Part Ordered - not sure when it will arrive to be installed. Other issues not addressed yet.

Day 3 Update - They called and said Transmission Oil Cooler mounted on the bottom of the engine was way more involved than they ever imagined. Would not give me any other information. Will not be done today.

Day 4 Update - Service called Car not finished and not sure of status. They do now realize this is the Engine Oil Cooler and Not Transmission Cooler. Was told there are only 6 bolts that hold it in place and it does come out the bottom of the car. I then asked - Why has it been 2 1/2 days since you received the new oil cooler and it's still not installed ? I was told that this is the first problem of this type they have seen and they wanted to take their time to make sure it is installed correctly.
    I asked again about a loaner - sorry none available. I called GM Concierge they transferred me to GM Rep and was told to go to Enterprise Rental (only a GM Vehicle) and get a loaner under $48.00 per day and pay them for the loaner and submit bill to dealer after I have paid for it. If dealer gives me a hard time then to call GM Rep again and they would work with me to get refunded.

Day 5 Update - Service called Car Completed YEA!. Tell me it is completed and everything went well. Updates were manually installed and everything working correctly. I sign everything and they give me the keys. I immediately get in and start it up. Update comes up on the screen - UH OH ! I immediately grab the service rep and show him what is going on. I explain this is not going to go well as if the button is pushed for the install everything is going to be screwed up again. He assures me this is a new update and all is well as they had to update the mainframe and should take the new update. He then pushes the install button. Here is where everything goes terribly wrong. Red cross shows up and FAILED shows up on the screen. He says I know I will go into the menu and install it. Well that doesn't go well either. FAILED. Then goes into menu to try to see what updates are already installed which they previously did . NOTHING THERE. Well obviously I can't let you take the car, we're going to have to keep it and we are closed for the next 3 days. I will get you a loaner though. Will call you on Tuesday to let you know what is going on. I believe we will have to replace the whole interface.

Day 6 - After Holiday weekend received call- Reinstalled All Vehicle Updates. Everything Functioning Normally.
    (See Page 3 Of This Thread For Updates and Numbers.)
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Oil cooler.JPG Views:	169 Size:	1.42 MB ID:	274014
    Last edited by Frenzy36; 06-02-2021, 12:35 AM.
    Rocket City Florida- 2001 ZO6 - 2013 427 Vert - 2020 Stingray

Sorry. What a horrible dealership experience you had today. May tomorrow be as good as today was unacceptable.
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Even though it may be a long drive, is there another dealer you can visit? Your dealer has shown they are pretty much clueless!

Comment

Yes certainly there is. However I don't feel comfortable driving it across the state with a leaking fuel issue. And they do not give out loaners either.

Comment

And you bought the car from that store why?????
          2020 HTC Torch Red with lots of goodies. Built in September. Museum Delivered in October......

Other toys in the garage: Ferrari California, BMW i8 Roadster, Bentley Flying Spur

Comment

This is not the best thread to read the day before I take my c8 in for the first service! Fingers crossed you get better results tomorrow. It sounds like this dealer might already have 3 strikes.

Comment

Originally posted by tooold2race View Post
              And you bought the car from that store why?????
              I didn't purchase it from them.

Comment

Originally posted by jackfrostpdx View Post
                This is not the best thread to read the day before I take my c8 in for the first service! Fingers crossed you get better results tomorrow. It sounds like this dealer might already have 3 strikes.
                What are you taking yours in for?

Comment

Originally posted by Frenzy36 View Post

The first complimentary oil and dct filter change
                  Wheel porosity and other minor recalls
                  Leaky front lift
                  estimate for retrofitting engine appearance lights

I hope it takes them only 1 day but I'm not holding my breath.

Comment

is there a list somewhere John or anybody that shows which dealers have a certified C8 mechanic on staff?

Comment

I guess the answer is no?
                      https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...d-service-list

Comment

Dealer to customer: "Where is the air filter?" My MY!!! Hang in there Frenzy36. Your forbearance is commendable. OTOH If it gets even more ridiculous, I'm sure some of your MECF friends would love to join in and help "rearrange" the dealership.

Comment

Originally posted by Frenzy36 View Post

So which dealer do we want to stay away from?

Comment

E BAY IT. If I was having those issues I would be turned off to the car. I would simply sell it. I have a feeling that Frenzy's experience with his Chevrolet dealer is going to be the norm until these mechanics get more familiar with these cars. I hope today is a better day for you and that your car is returned quickly and repaired.

Comment

Sorry to hear this, you're going to need to take your Baby to a Wrench who knows what the hell they're doing.

I'd start doing some research. make some calls and get your Car the hell away from Moe, Larry and Curly
                              [Current Corvette 1999 C5 Z51 Magnetic Red Coupe]
                              Depost 6/17/20, Allocation 4/20/21 RedMist 2LT HTC Z51 - TPW-8/2

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X