Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 4 < >

Corvette Today’s News That “Corvette Fever” Returns

Corvette Fever magazine has not been published for a while. But Alan Colvin, a walking encyclopedia of GM cars as well as Corvette, has purchased the rights to Corvette Fever and has revived this publication! https://anchor.fm/steve-garrett/epis...-Colvin-euvkq2. Your CORVETTE TODAY host, Steve Garrett, visits with Alan to talk about the books he's written on Corvette and other GM products, his history with the old Corvette Fever magazine and how he plans to revive the publication. Plus, listen to this podcast and register to win one of 3-two year subscriptions to Corvette Fever that we're giving away exclusively on this episode! Listen to this CORVETTE TODAY podcast and win a subscription to Corvette Fever magazine!!!
2 of 4 < >

SGTMAJ USMC AUTO & TOY HAULER Joins MECF As A Featured Forum Vendor.

Welcome to SGTMAJ USMC USMC AUTO & TOY HAULER! We are so happy to have you now join us as a MECF Featured Forum Vendor. We can not wait to help your new business grow. We know you will provide a great transport service to our members and others!
3 of 4 < >

Z06 Potential Patents

As we get ready for the Z06’s debut sometime in the next year, IMO time to brush up on the 23 GM C8 patents — many of which are Z06 potentials: https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...alized-patents
See more
See less

Hydraulic Leak front right. puddle on floor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hydraulic Leak front right. puddle on floor

Z51, Mag suspension, Front Lift. Coupe, 2LT. had it 2 weeks, 500 miles.
    puddle on garage floor. Under car front right, there is a plastic plate right about where the lower control arm is.
    Sort of aligned with rear side of front right tire. The fluid is oily, eats the paint chips on the epoxy floor.
    Can see the fluid drip from the plate underneath.
    What disappoints,me most is having to take to dealer. This is not convenient, I have no one
    to pick me up or drop me off.
    No dealers are close by.
    For sure this will need to go back to them. Click image for larger version

Name:	ED1E7704-B5EB-49EB-AFF9-187EE19F93D8.jpeg
Views:	219
Size:	2.17 MB
ID:	258904 Click image for larger version

Name:	06698164-6877-4A6E-B49C-7ED6FFE97F70.jpeg
Views:	140
Size:	4.08 MB
ID:	258905

My guess is your front lift reservoir cap is leaking, like a lot of them are. GM has a new cap to fix the problem but no TSB published yet to authorize dealers to replace the cap under warranty. For now, some dealers are replacing the cap under warranty, others are not. I’m waiting for the TSB to take mine in. I cleaned it up the best I could and have a sock wrapped around the neck of the reservoir to capture the leaking fluid.

https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...ont-lift-issue

You could order the part online and fix it yourself since taking it in is inconvenient. You will want to clean up the corrosive brake fluid as best you can too.

New front lift reservoir cap: GM part # 85165040
    Last edited by 16falcon; 04-11-2021, 11:15 AM. Reason: Added part number

Comment

Sorry to hear of your issue generic00. My dealer replaced the front cap with the he new blue one, cleaned up the fluid. and it was fully covered under warranty. Hopefully yours will too.
      GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

thank you for the quick response, knowing it is a cap, and not a line or connections helps.
        ya’d think a car built a few weeks ago would have the non leaking part.
        I will contact dealer to see what their approach is, warrenty, no-warranty.
        and i imagine i need a small squirt of fluid.
        And I will have to clean off the leakage.
        Thanks again.

Comment

Questions . I go in there to look and the blue cap is loose and wobbley, the black gasket is half way inside the reservoir. Not under the cap.
          And is everybodys negative battery terminal bent like this one? This does not look right.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	65F61D36-C32E-46C0-B1B6-9B12830BE1E4.jpeg
Views:	126
Size:	2.96 MB
ID:	258964

Click image for larger version  Name:	779F309F-B563-4189-B9C5-5C899F7E49FA.jpeg Views:	3 Size:	2.97 MB ID:	258962
          Last edited by generic00; 04-11-2021, 12:40 PM.

Comment

I hope they fix it for you for free without any pushback.
            Looking forward to our ME arriving.

Comment

Originally posted by generic00 View Post
              Questions . I go in there to look and the blue cap is loose and wobbley, the black gasket is half way inside the reservoir. Not under the cap.
              And is everybodys negative battery terminal bent like this one? This does not look right.

I don’t know about the battery, I didn’t look closely at mine when I had it apart. Hopefully someone else knows.

The blue cap you have IS the new cap! Your gasket/diaphragm will not have a hole in it like mine. The 2020s and early 2021s (like mine) have a black cap and the system vents fluid through the cap. Yours, with the blue cap, is a sealed system and is not supposed to vent fluid. I wonder if the gasket/diaphragm wasn’t in the cap properly or the cap not screwed down properly at the factory. I would clean up the cap and the back side of the diaphragm and reinstall it. Clean up the fluid and wrap a wrist band or cloth of some sort around the cap and neck. Check back and see if any more fluid has leaked out and soaked the material and see that the diaphragm has stayed with the cap and not gotten pulled down into the reservoir under vacuum. You shouldn’t have to add any more fluid, some people with the old cap lowered the fluid down to the seam in the tank to minimize the leaking with no adverse effect. Harlan even said that the fluid level would eventually stabilize at a lower level even if you had the old black cap.

Comment

I was just in that area yesterday and looked at my negative battery terminal. That bolt was straight up vertical whereas yours looks tilted toward the windshield if I'm seeing it correctly. I believe the bolt shown is to tighten and loosen the negative terminal. Mine is facing straight up parallel with the negative terminal.

Not sure it makes any difference. Does it move?
                Last edited by Boomer; 04-11-2021, 04:11 PM.

Comment

Questions . And is everybodys negative battery terminal bent like this one? This does not look right.
                  This is mine built in August. I was standing at the front looking toward the windshield. Bolt tilts toward the drivers side.

Name:	20200926-23.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	197.6 KB
ID:	259044
                  1LT |Torch Red/Black | MSRP $59,995 | DOB=8/31 | Home on 9/24.
                  Splash Guards, Cargo Nets, All weather Jake Floor Mats and Cargo Area Liner, and Front Grille Screens behind grilles.

Comment

Originally posted by 2020Colorado View Post

This is mine built in August. I was standing at the front looking toward the windshield. Bolt tilts toward the drivers side.
                    That looks like generic00 so must be normal.

Comment

Click image for larger version Name:	779F309F-B563-4189-B9C5-5C899F7E49FA.jpeg Views:	3 Size:	2.97 MB ID:	258962
                      Possibly the new non vented cap is not the solution to the original problem and was blown off by pressure buildup ,that’s what appears to have happened #tadge ? IMHO ...

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X