1st week down - 375 miles and a lot of smiles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st week down - 375 miles and a lot of smiles

We've had the car 1 week now and we've only NOT driven her 1 day ( because it POURED ALL DAY ).

We get tons of looks and thumbs up and the most important thing is that when we're driving, there's always a smile behind the wheel.
    I'll be honest, I was worried about the driving experience since we'd not hardly sat in one let alone drive one and it's a 180 on past gen cars. We've been very pleased with the seating position, ergonomics and layout. Seats are very comfortable so far and the only issue has been getting used to the rear 3/4 blind spots but that's quickly going away for me.
    Kim's been trying to find a decent spot to rest her hand on the wheel, as she usually rests it on the spoke but with the smaller wheel, her hand doesn't sit the same.

The car is realllly deceptive with power delivery. It's super easy to barely dip your toe and you go from 60-75 like it's nothing. Car has been flawless in operation and no weird smells, sounds, vibrations or anything. We're loving the various modes and Kim really enjoys track mode on the street. She's even been tweaking Mymode to have the track steering and exhuast with the tour shocks and braking.

The only thing we've not got working so far is the homelink garage door operation. It was a pain in my Ram and it works in that truck maybe 60% of the time, so I'm not ruling out that the garage door opener is the issue here. Thankfully we have an extra opener and we just leave it in the console.

Everyone we run into or show it to is blown away by the looks and our color choices.
    Brian Huber
    Previous Corvettes
    2002 Z06 - SCCA autocross car - 58SSR ( Sold 4/20 )
    2003 Vert - Wife's stress relief/therapy car ( Sold 7/20 )

2021 Coupe Black #6936 - Natural two-tone. 2LT, Mag-ride, NPP, Edge Red Calipers. NCM delivery ( Status 3000 as of 1/11/21 , 3300 as of 2/16/21, 3400 as of 3/9/21, 3800 as of 3/15/21, NCM Delivery 3/29)

AverageVetteNut It has been said, that the C8, is well worth the wait! 👍

That being said, your avatar appears to be a Black C8 w/Z51 pkg, but your signature line doesn’t indicate that? Curious, Is yours also a Z51?
    07/01/20 Deposit @ VanBortels on 2021 C8 Coupe; 08/01/20 Prelim Order Status 1100; 01/21/21 Final Order Status 2000; 01/27/21 Status 3000; 03/06/21 Status 3300 (TPW 03/22/21); 03/16/21 Status 3400; 03/22/21 Status 3800; 03/23/21 Status 4B00; 03/26/21 Status 4D00: Status 4200; 04/02/21; 04/06/21 Status 5000; 2LT Coupe; GMO; DSZ; Q8Q; HTA; AQ9; E60; FE2; NPP; ERI

”You only live once, but, if you live right, once is enough “

Comment

no, the avatar was just as visualizer from way back. Other than the chin spoiler, that's how ours looks ( I'll be adding that soon ).
      Non-z51 car but we added the high wing.
      Brian Huber
      Previous Corvettes

2021 Coupe Black #6936 - Natural two-tone. 2LT, Mag-ride, NPP, Edge Red Calipers. NCM delivery ( Status 3000 as of 1/11/21 , 3300 as of 2/16/21, 3400 as of 3/9/21, 3800 as of 3/15/21, NCM Delivery 3/29)

Comment

So glad but not surprised you are loving your C8. [How many times have I posted that lol!]

Sorry your garage door opening is challenging you. Perhaps some post here, to be your “tipsters” to help you succeed. Please post up your garage door brand for that would be useful to our smart members to advise you of what worked for them.

Meanwhile we are glad that happy days are with you and Kim. Wait until you hit 500 miles and get 15-20% more torque in your lower gears.

We can see and feel your smiling grinning and more!
        GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Thanks John

Yep, the wife is LOVING the car. She tells everyone it's OUR car, but I tell them it's more HER car than mine...lol.

I'll post a separate thread for the garage door opener, but it's a Genie SilentMAx 1000. It's at least 5 years old ( was in when we bought the house ).
          Brian Huber
          Previous Corvettes

Comment

The garage door thing can be a pain. I know that you need to have a "modern" opener with a learn button, and sometimes it's helpful to have two people doing it, as it may require pushing the learn button on the garage door opener within a certain length of time to get it to recognize the cars signal. If nothing else you could ask your salesperson, or service manager, I bet they get a lot of questions about that and know what to do. The instructions aren't always clear on these things. I re-read the owner manual a lot, a second viewing of that has helped me understand some things.

Comment

Originally posted by Jetdriver View Post
              The garage door thing can be a pain. I know that you need to have a "modern" opener with a learn button
              Not true. My garage door opener does not have a learn button and the C8 copied the code from my remote control push button. Same for my gate opener. Gate opener was a pain, I can’t remember exactly what I ended up doing though, I think someone here suggested a sequence of button pushes not listed in the manual that eventually worked. So I would totally agree that the garage door thing can be a pain! In my GMC Sierra I have never been able to get the gate opener to work with HomeLink even though I got it to work in my older Volt and newer C8, I think it can be hit or miss getting them to work.

Comment

Originally posted by 16falcon View Post

Not true. My garage door opener does not have a learn button and the C8 copied the code from my remote control push button. Same for my gate opener. Gate opener was a pain, I can’t remember exactly what I ended up doing though, I think someone here suggested a sequence of button pushes not listed in the manual that eventually worked. So I would totally agree that the garage door thing can be a pain! In my GMC Sierra I have never been able to get the gate opener to work with HomeLink even though I got it to work in my older Volt and newer C8, I think it can be hit or miss getting them to work.
                Yep, well, on my GMC Terrain, and my newer Jeep Cherokee, there were extra steps needed if your opener didn't have a learn button, as I recall. But I did get it to work.

Comment

Originally posted by 16falcon View Post

For the most part, the Corvette remote can 'learn' from the garage door remote or gate remote. There are a couple of exceptions where you have to use the learn button on the garage door opener. I had to use the alternate method for the gate control which is to hold a release the gate remote every two seconds while holding the appropriate button in the car visor.

But, for those that do not like to look through the owners' encyclopedia, here are the complete instructions:

Universal Remote System

See Radio Frequency Statement 0 313. The FCC Grant of Equipment Authorization Certificate number is NZLSAHL5B. The Canadian Registration ID number is 4112A-SAHL5B. Universal Remote System Programming If equipped, these buttons are on the sun visor. This system can replace up to three remote control transmitters used to activate devices such as garage door openers, security systems, and home automation devices. These instructions refer to a garage door opener, but can be used for other devices. Do not use the Universal Remote system with any garage door opener that does not have the stop and reverse feature. This includes any garage door opener model manufactured before April 1, 1982. Read these instructions completely before programming the Universal Remote system.

It may help to have another person assist with the programming process. Keep the original hand-held transmitter for use in other vehicles as well as for future programming. Erase the programming when vehicle ownership is terminated. See “Erasing Universal Remote System Buttons” later in this section.

To program a garage door opener, park outside directly in line with and facing the garage door opener receiver. Clear all people and objects near the garage door. Make sure the hand-held transmitter has a new battery for quick and accurate transmission of the radio-frequency signal.

Programming the Universal Remote System

For questions or programming help, see www.homelink.com/gm or call 1-800-355-3515. For calls placed outside the U.S., Canada, or Puerto Rico, international rates will apply and may differ based on landline or mobile phone. Programming involves time-sensitive actions, and may time out causing the procedure to be repeated.

To program up to three devices:
                  1. Hold the end of the hand-held transmitter about 3 to 8 cm (1 to 3 in) away from the Universal Remote system buttons with the indicator light in view. The hand-held transmitter was supplied by the manufacturer of the garage door opener receiver.

2. At the same time, press and hold both the hand-held transmitter button and one of the three Universal Remote system buttons to be used to operate the garage door. Do not release either button until the indicator light changes from a slow to a rapid flash. Then release both buttons. Some garage door openers may require substitution of Step 2 with the procedure under “Radio Signals for Some Gate Operators” later in this section.

3. Press and hold the newly programmed Universal Remote system button for five seconds while watching the indicator light and garage door activation. . If the indicator light stays on continuously or the garage door moves when the button is pressed, then programming is complete. There is no need to complete Steps 4–6. . If the indicator light does not come on or the garage door does not move, a second button press may be required. For a second time, press and hold the newly programmed button for five seconds. If the light stays on or the garage door moves, programming is complete. . If the indicator light blinks rapidly for two seconds, then changes to a solid light and the garage door does not move, continue with programming Steps 4–6. Learn or Smart Button

4. After completing Steps 1–3, locate the Learn or Smart button inside the garage on the garage door opener receiver. The name and color of the button may vary by manufacturer.

5. Press and release the Learn or Smart button. Step 6 must be completed within 30 seconds of pressing this button.

6. Inside the vehicle, press and hold the newly programmed Universal Remote system button for two seconds and then release it. If the garage door does not move or the lamp on the garage door opener receiver does not flash, press and hold the same button a second time for two seconds, then release it. Again, if the door does not move or the garage door lamp does not flash, press and hold the same button a third time for two seconds, then release it. The Universal Remote system should now activate the garage door. Repeat the process to program the two remaining buttons.

Radio Signals for Some Gate Operators

For questions or programming help, see www.homelink.com/gm or call 1-800-355-3515. For calls placed outside the U.S., Canada, or Puerto Rico, international rates will apply and may differ based on landline or mobile phone.

Some gate operators and radio-frequency laws require transmitter signals to time out or quit after several seconds of transmission. This may not be long enough for the Universal Remote system to pick up the signal during programming. If the programming did not work, replace Step 2 under “Programming the Universal Remote System” with the following: Press and hold the Universal Remote system button while pressing and releasing the hand-held transmitter button every two seconds until the signal has been successfully accepted by the Universal Remote system. The Universal Remote system indicator light will flash slowly at first and then rapidly. Proceed with Step 3 under “Programming the Universal Remote System” to complete. Universal Remote System Operation Using the Universal Remote System Press and hold the appropriate Universal Remote system button for at least one-half second. The indicator light will come on while the signal is being transmitted. Erasing Universal Remote System Buttons Erase all programmed buttons when vehicle ownership is terminated. To erase: 1. Press and hold the two outside buttons until the indicator light begins to flash. This should take about 10 seconds. 2. Release both buttons.

Reprogramming a Single Universal Remote System Button

To reprogram any of the system buttons: 1. Press and hold any one of the buttons. Do not release the button. 2. The indicator light will begin to flash after 20 seconds. Without releasing the button, proceed with Step 1 under “Programming the Universal Remote System.”
                  2020 C8, Elkhart Lake Blue, Sky Cool Gray, 2LT, Z51, GT2 Seats, FE4 mag ride, nose lift, performance exhaust, carbon flash wheels. Loving it!

Comment

Congratulations! Isn't it an amazing car? I drive mine every day and it's an absolute joy to sit in it.

Comment

I've gone thru those instructions already and that didn't change anything. I've put the car in various places in the driveway ( including the garage directly below the opener ) and still nothing.

I'm not worrying about it for now at this point. I've got enough other things to do to the car tonight and over the weekend when it's raining.
                      Brian Huber
                      Previous Corvettes

Comment

Glad you finally took delivery! I have a LIft Master side mount garage door opener and programming the car was as simple as just holding the opener in front of the car button. Took about two minutes. Probably depends on the opener
                        Rapid Blue Z51 coupe, 2LT, natural/black, MRC, front lift, engine appearance package, red engine cover. August 2019 deposit, November 2020 delivery. Today? Happy camper 😀

Comment

These cars are fabuloous, Corvette number 7 for me and the best yet.

My last garage door opener was a problem as it would only store codes for up to nine or ten cars so with changing cars over the years there were numberous times I had to reset it entirely and start over with my current vehicles, hand held transmitters and numbered key pad. Good luck.
                          Rapid Blue HTM 2LT GT2 E60 NPP Q8T

Comment

Here we are....

2 weeks down and Kim got past the 500 mile mark last night. Her son came into town and they went for a drive and hit the #.

Then he said "can you take me by Pa's so I can get my car? - Oh and follow me over to my friend's house to show his dad?" They had a GREAT drive in the car and that was probably the most time they've spent together having FUN in years.
                            His buddy's dad has a LOT of cars and is building a garage specifically for when he gets a C8 and spent 45 minutes asking her questions about everything on the car. She said it felt good to share it with people that really "GET IT" with the car.

Brian Huber
                            Previous Corvettes

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X