Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 4 < >

Corvette Today’s News That “Corvette Fever” Returns

Corvette Fever magazine has not been published for a while. But Alan Colvin, a walking encyclopedia of GM cars as well as Corvette, has purchased the rights to Corvette Fever and has revived this publication! https://anchor.fm/steve-garrett/epis...-Colvin-euvkq2. Your CORVETTE TODAY host, Steve Garrett, visits with Alan to talk about the books he's written on Corvette and other GM products, his history with the old Corvette Fever magazine and how he plans to revive the publication. Plus, listen to this podcast and register to win one of 3-two year subscriptions to Corvette Fever that we're giving away exclusively on this episode! Listen to this CORVETTE TODAY podcast and win a subscription to Corvette Fever magazine!!!
2 of 4 < >

SGTMAJ USMC AUTO & TOY HAULER Joins MECF As A Featured Forum Vendor.

Welcome to SGTMAJ USMC USMC AUTO & TOY HAULER! We are so happy to have you now join us as a MECF Featured Forum Vendor. We can not wait to help your new business grow. We know you will provide a great transport service to our members and others!
3 of 4 < >

Z06 Potential Patents

As we get ready for the Z06’s debut sometime in the next year, IMO time to brush up on the 23 GM C8 patents — many of which are Z06 potentials: https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...alized-patents
See more
See less

Anybody have their music just not come on?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody have their music just not come on?

After parking and restarting the car today, the head unit showed the music that should be playing, but no sound at all. Changed stations, and various inputs, still no music, raised and lowered the volume, still nothing. Restarted the car, still nothing. Decided it might be a fuse to the amp, after I got home, restarted the car, and magic..it came back on. Anyone else experience this?

It happened to me two days ago, thought I did something, have to keep watch on it.

Comment

This has actually happened to me a few times as well although I admit it could be more as I have my music volume pretty low as I enjoy the sounds of the C8. With that said for sure a few times, I would turn up the volume and although I saw the volume display increasing I'd hear nothing and wouldn't even show the USB media. I think on a few occasions the audio came back at next startup and I think once, I just went into the menus and reselected my USB audio which seemed to work. -Mike

Comment

I put my C-7 in Valet mode a couple of weeks ago. Had to restart two times to get the sound back, I have had multiple restarts to get other features back that do not start up. Probably a computer glitch.

Comment

Mine does it all the time in certain locations only. - It's LOCATION issue on mine as I notice a few locations in my area it goes dead. In front of my house and in my driveway is one. I have had the volume turned up too high and when it kicks in scares the hell out of me.

My Cadillac's and other Vette don't have the same problem. I can live with it as it's not very often.
          Rocket City Florida- 2001 ZO6 - 2013 427 Vert - 2020 Stingray

Comment

It happened to me on April 4th. Playing Pandora through my iPhone/CarPlay. The screen showed the Beatles song playing, but there was no sound. I pulled in to a parking lot and fiddled with both the phone and Vette controls, but nothing. I changed Pandora stations and got audio on Willie Nelson, but the screen continued to show the Beatles playing. I thought it was a CarPlay issue, but I don’t know.
            1974 Fiat X1/9, 1986 & 2000 Toyota MR2, 2005 Lotus Elise, all mid-engine. 1993 Corvette convertible. Time to merge mid-engine/Vette!
            2020 C8 Ceramic Matrix Gray, Black interior with red stitch, red seat belts, 3LT, E60 lift, ZZ3, red calipers, Spectra Gray Trident Spoke Wheels, Z51, Magnetic Select Ride Control, SC7.
            Born 2/17/2020. Got the garage ready with an epoxy floor. Two coats of epoxy, one layer of colored chips, and a coat of clear.
            My garage is my new favorite room at my house!

Comment

How do you get a USB drive to be recognized in the port?

I loaded a bunch of music on one for a test and the car is not seeing the drive.

Thoughts?
              Brian Huber
              Previous Corvettes
              2002 Z06 - SCCA autocross car - 58SSR ( Sold 4/20 )
              2003 Vert - Wife's stress relief/therapy car ( Sold 7/20 )

2021 Coupe Black #6936 - Natural two-tone. 2LT, Mag-ride, NPP, Edge Red Calipers. NCM delivery ( Status 3000 as of 1/11/21 , 3300 as of 2/16/21, 3400 as of 3/9/21, 3800 as of 3/15/21, NCM Delivery 3/29)

Comment

Originally posted by AverageVetteNut View Post
                How do you get a USB drive to be recognized in the port?

I loaded a bunch of music on one for a test and the car is not seeing the drive.

Thoughts?
                Isn't there a USB selection in the menu of the media settings? I'll have to look.

Comment

Thanks guys! I thought I was missing something, and I also thought it might be a glitch related to Valet mode (but I have never used it). I switched to local radio, satellite, and my phone, and still nothing. Has not happened since. But what a weird thing, good luck replicating it for the dealer unless you drive it right there right then and get their attention, if you shut it off, it might just come back on. I hope GM is aware, I've already had a "one off" quality issue, and don't have a lot of tolerance for more, even though the car is fabulous. (especially when I can still make money on the car). Don't get me wrong, best car I have ever owned, but just bad juju to have intermittent things going out and you only start to worry about what's next. Not sure about the USB discussion, kind of OT.

Comment

Just got this update today which may address this issue:
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-04-27 at 3.54.25 PM.png
Views:	96
Size:	7.47 MB
ID:	264873

Comment

Originally posted by Type 21C8Vette View Post
                      Just got this update today which may address this issue:
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-04-27 at 3.54.25 PM.png
Views:	96
Size:	7.47 MB
ID:	264873
                      Thanks for letting us onto this I just tried my car to get updates and not happening. Although mine seems to just update itself when you least expect it.
                      Rocket City Florida- 2001 ZO6 - 2013 427 Vert - 2020 Stingray

Comment

Great info, thanks guys!

Comment

I've had it happen once after starting in my garage. Shut the car off and re-started. The radio played fine. Never happened again. I have not yet been prompted for that update.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X