Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 4 < >

Corvette Today’s News That “Corvette Fever” Returns

Corvette Fever magazine has not been published for a while. But Alan Colvin, a walking encyclopedia of GM cars as well as Corvette, has purchased the rights to Corvette Fever and has revived this publication! https://anchor.fm/steve-garrett/epis...-Colvin-euvkq2. Your CORVETTE TODAY host, Steve Garrett, visits with Alan to talk about the books he's written on Corvette and other GM products, his history with the old Corvette Fever magazine and how he plans to revive the publication. Plus, listen to this podcast and register to win one of 3-two year subscriptions to Corvette Fever that we're giving away exclusively on this episode! Listen to this CORVETTE TODAY podcast and win a subscription to Corvette Fever magazine!!!
2 of 4 < >

SGTMAJ USMC AUTO & TOY HAULER Joins MECF As A Featured Forum Vendor.

Welcome to SGTMAJ USMC USMC AUTO & TOY HAULER! We are so happy to have you now join us as a MECF Featured Forum Vendor. We can not wait to help your new business grow. We know you will provide a great transport service to our members and others!
3 of 4 < >

Z06 Potential Patents

As we get ready for the Z06’s debut sometime in the next year, IMO time to brush up on the 23 GM C8 patents — many of which are Z06 potentials: https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...alized-patents
See more
See less

Grandson's opinion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grandson's opinion

Got up the courage to let my 18 year old grandson take it for a spin. His opinion...
    Click image for larger version

Name:	240E6F46-8459-4537-9271-83D10F2C1B3F.jpeg
Views:	338
Size:	3.68 MB
ID:	255873
    '64 Silver Grey Coupe (custom paint)- still our favorite
    '77 Black L82 / 4SPD
    '78 Silver Anniversary L82 / 4SPD
    '13 White/Blue Diamond 427 60th roadster - favorite late model
    '14 Black Z51 Coupe
    '15 Shark Grey Z51 Coupe
    '20 ... Zeus Bronze Coupe, 2LT, GT2 seats, Natural two tone, Body color accents, Pewter wheels - Delivered 10/1/20😀

I hope didn't let him take out alone!
    Current C7:SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Status 3300, TWP 5/??: 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, FE2, NPP Nickname TBD

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

You sir are a brave, brave man!
      On Order: 2LT Coupe, Z51, Elkhart Lake Blue, GT2 seats, Edge Red Calipers, Mag Ride, Front Lift, High Wing spoiler, R8C museum delivery.

2000 status 5/1, 3000 on 5/4

Comment

When I was 15 years old, driving on my learners permit, I went up to the Air Force Academy to drive home (to Phoenix) with my brother for his Christmas break. One of his buddies let me drive his brand new V12 Jaguar E-Type! Now THAT was brave!

Comment

Originally posted by 16falcon View Post
          When I was 15 years old, driving on my learners permit, I went up to the Air Force Academy to drive home (to Phoenix) with my brother for his Christmas break. One of his buddies let me drive his brand new V12 Jaguar E-Type! Now THAT was brave!
          My first job, "way back" when I was 15 in 1992, was at a company called Northeast Technical Services building and repairing computers in Hazleton, PA. One of the guys there had a C4 Vette and a Harley. Not long after I turned 16 and was driving to work he wanted me to go work on a large format plotter at a company near Allentown. He decided my Mustang might not make it so he told me to take his Vette.

I'm quite certain that was what really started my love affair with the Corvette. I was blown away, I felt like I was piloting the space shuttle. A few friends saw me because, of course, I took the long way home and went through my neighborhood. Loved that car and loved that he trusted me to take it to Allentown that day. I worked for that company until they went out of business my senior year, wish I knew how to get hold of that guy, I'd see if he wanted to take my C8 for a cruise once I get it.
          On Order: 2LT Coupe, Z51, Elkhart Lake Blue, GT2 seats, Edge Red Calipers, Mag Ride, Front Lift, High Wing spoiler, R8C museum delivery.

Comment

Originally posted by meyerweb View Post
            I hope didn't let him take out alone!
            No worries...I was with him. His expression when I asked him if he'd like to drive it was more than worth it!! I made his week, and he immediately forwarded this photo to some of his friends.

He's a very responsible kid, so it was really a no brainer for me to let him experience it behind the wheel.
            '64 Silver Grey Coupe (custom paint)- still our favorite
            '77 Black L82 / 4SPD
            '78 Silver Anniversary L82 / 4SPD
            '13 White/Blue Diamond 427 60th roadster - favorite late model
            '14 Black Z51 Coupe
            '15 Shark Grey Z51 Coupe
            '20 ... Zeus Bronze Coupe, 2LT, GT2 seats, Natural two tone, Body color accents, Pewter wheels - Delivered 10/1/20😀

Comment

Great job.

I'm not sure when my step son will a) want to drive it and b) when his mom will allow it. Most likely not until the break-in miles are done for sure.

He's in college and saw it on our way home from picking it up. He was sick that day ( sinus infection ) but seemed pretty happy about another corvette back in the garage.

Brian Huber
              Previous Corvettes
              2002 Z06 - SCCA autocross car - 58SSR ( Sold 4/20 )
              2003 Vert - Wife's stress relief/therapy car ( Sold 7/20 )

2021 Coupe Black #6936 - Natural two-tone. 2LT, Mag-ride, NPP, Edge Red Calipers. NCM delivery ( Status 3000 as of 1/11/21 , 3300 as of 2/16/21, 3400 as of 3/9/21, 3800 as of 3/15/21, NCM Delivery 3/29)

Comment

This time next week I'll have my '21 C8 HTC...people ask me if I'm going to let my, soon to be 17yr old son, A) take it to school...NO. B) take it to Prom...NO. C) Let him drive it with me in the car...YES
                '21 C8 HTC- Torch Red, Z51, GT2 in Black/Adrenaline two-tone, FE4, D84, E60, Q8T,...

Comment

Originally posted by George View Post
                  He's a very responsible kid, so it was really a no brainer for me to let him experience it behind the wheel.
                  My kids were responsible, too. Until one of them let his buddy drive my Lexus on homecoming night. Actually, the Lexus was fine, but my son wrecked his friend's dad's Honda. And 500HP is likely to be a strain on any teenager's responsibility if left alone with it.

I let my kids drive my Corvette, too, but only with me in the co-pilot's seat.
                  Current C7:SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Status 3300, TWP 5/??: 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, FE2, NPP Nickname TBD

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

That's what the teen driver mode is for right? lol

Brian Huber
                    Previous Corvettes
                    2002 Z06 - SCCA autocross car - 58SSR ( Sold 4/20 )
                    2003 Vert - Wife's stress relief/therapy car ( Sold 7/20 )

2021 Coupe Black #6936 - Natural two-tone. 2LT, Mag-ride, NPP, Edge Red Calipers. NCM delivery ( Status 3000 as of 1/11/21 , 3300 as of 2/16/21, 3400 as of 3/9/21, 3800 as of 3/15/21, NCM Delivery 3/29)

Comment

Originally posted by Davii1775 View Post

My first job, "way back" when I was 15 in 1992, was at a company called Northeast Technical Services building and repairing computers in Hazleton, PA. One of the guys there had a C4 Vette and a Harley. Not long after I turned 16 and was driving to work he wanted me to go work on a large format plotter at a company near Allentown. He decided my Mustang might not make it so he told me to take his Vette.

I'm quite certain that was what really started my love affair with the Corvette. I was blown away, I felt like I was piloting the space shuttle. A few friends saw me because, of course, I took the long way home and went through my neighborhood. Loved that car and loved that he trusted me to take it to Allentown that day. I worked for that company until they went out of business my senior year, wish I knew how to get hold of that guy, I'd see if he wanted to take my C8 for a cruise once I get it.
                      Checking the social media sites might turn him up. My wife finds friends from her childhood quite often on Facebook, Instagram...etc. Maybe one of your kids could find him...

Comment

Originally posted by Vette Interested View Post

Checking the social media sites might turn him up. My wife finds friends from her childhood quite often on Facebook, Instagram...etc. Maybe one of your kids could find him...
                        No children, that's why I'm able to get a C8!

I'm adept at social media and could probably find him but there are two issues with that, I only knew him as "Chuck", Charles i'm sure, but I never knew his last name, and I'd be surprised if he had Facebook.

Comment

Originally posted by Davii1775 View Post

No children, that's why I'm able to get a C8!

I'm adept at social media and could probably find him but there are two issues with that, I only knew him as "Chuck", Charles i'm sure, but I never knew his last name, and I'd be surprised if he had Facebook.
                          That can make it tough!

Comment

Nice, well done! When I was 22 my boss let me "take care" of his C4 while he was out of town if I gave him a ride to the airport. Still a fond memory. Except when one of the battery's failed and left me stranded for a bit.

Comment

So, just another quick anecdote, my son who is now 22 and has driven the C8, has a VR racing rig, and laid down a 6:48 on the RING in a C8R (virtually). Then asked if he could take the C8 out for a drive, I was .........ummmm no right now.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X