Mods are all complete...for now :-)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mods are all complete...for now :-)

The last part of my planned mod puzzle came in (high wing in Carbon Flash) and I have finished all my mods...for now. I'm sure someone will release something that I have to have on my car, so I never say I am fully done LOL.

I ordered the high wing from Chevrolet accessories website on Jan 31st and it arrived at the dealer Feb 2nd, that is a pretty quick turnaround and I was happy that I was able to get one (it was pulled from my order back in late July 2020 and I had been searching ever since. I kept missing them when they came up as available and to be honest I wasn't looking or keeping track very hard.) Me and a bunch of buddies installed it on Feb 5th and was easier that I thought it was going to be (we used RearWheelDrive's video as our guide). The most time consuming part was removing the z51 spoiler and the 3m VHT tape. I am really happy with how the car turned out and can now just enjoy driving and taking pictures whenever I can.

Thanks to all and this forum for making it so much easier to find items (mods), seeing and reading others experiences with mods and their cars and just a generally well thought out forum (what an outstanding group of individuals we have here).

I took a couple of pictures at a local park and even chatted for a bit with a couple and their fun mod'd out golf cart:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5210.JPG
Views:	195
Size:	2.20 MB
ID:	238767 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5220.JPG
Views:	196
Size:	2.08 MB
ID:	238766 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5252.JPG
Views:	196
Size:	1.54 MB
ID:	238764 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5219.JPG
Views:	199
Size:	2.34 MB
ID:	238768 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5207.JPG
Views:	195
Size:	3.01 MB
ID:	238769 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5250.JPG
Views:	193
Size:	1.26 MB
ID:	238770

The setting sun was great!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5231.JPG
Views:	171
Size:	1.87 MB
ID:	238771
    Attached Files
    My Tactics Instructor use to say "it doesn't matter what you carry....but you can never have enough ammo".

Cars 1973 Camaro RS RestoMod (LSX454) if I ever finish, 1995 Mitsubishi 3000GT (was my Dad's car, lots of sentimental meaning), 2012 Hennessey HPE600 Camaro Convertible, 2017 Camaro 50th Anniversary Convertible and I am looking forward to my first Corvette C8, just in time for my 50th.

👍

Other than the wing, what mods have you made?
    Current C7:SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Status 3000: 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, FE2, NPP Nickname TBD

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club.

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Originally posted by meyerweb View Post
      👍

Other than the wing, what mods have you made?
      • Splash Guards Aug20
      • Premium Floor mats (pic) Aug20
      • Sterling Silver Engine Cover with painted corvette logo (thanks to wife) installed right after return home from museum (pic) Aug20
      • Anodized Blue jack pucks (pic) Aug20
      • Paint Correction and Ceramic coating (never considered this a mod) Aug20
      • Ceramic Window Tint side windows and passenger compartment rear glass Aug20
      • Custom Car Grills front grill protection (front large openings and smaller openings) (pic) Sep20
      • Corvette Jake rubber frunk and trunk mats (pic) Sep21
      • Front Splitter and Side Skirts Carbon Fiber painted carbon flash (I originally planned for the side extensions, even purchased a set back in Sep20, never installed (I’ll either list them for sale or one of the car club guys might buy them)). PPF protection on Splitter and Side Skirts Nov20
      • 2qts DCT (never considered this a mod but others do) Dec20
      • Attack Blue Air filter Dec20(removed after a week due to check engine light, was probably unrelated but haven’t reinstalled yet)
      • High Wing Spoiler Feb21
      Some of these I don't really consider mods but some people do so I'll just list them anyway

I did forget I do have 1 more mod to complete the engine bay lighting (I have the lights and controller just haven’t gotten around to it (prior to typing this I completely forgot about it LOL)

Mods that were planned but scrapped (wife used her Veto power LOL)
      Cicio lowering collars
      Borla Exhaust

Attached Files
      My Tactics Instructor use to say "it doesn't matter what you carry....but you can never have enough ammo".

Cars 1973 Camaro RS RestoMod (LSX454) if I ever finish, 1995 Mitsubishi 3000GT (was my Dad's car, lots of sentimental meaning), 2012 Hennessey HPE600 Camaro Convertible, 2017 Camaro 50th Anniversary Convertible and I am looking forward to my first Corvette C8, just in time for my 50th.

Comment

Hey Greg, Love all the "mods" you've done. I'm still working on mine, will post as you did soon. Take care!
        2020 C8 Stingray Coupe 2LT; LBR Metallic / Natural Interior; GT1 Seats; EFY; Silver Hash Marks; E60-Front Lift; ZZ3-Engine Pkg; NPP-Exhaust; Edge Red Calipers; Edge Red Eng Cover; EYK; VQK; RXH; WKQ; SC7; GNOCC charter member. C8 arrived at the dealer 8/10/20

Comment

You started with a great build and your mods have made it even better. Congrats!

Comment

Great looking car!!
            2020 C8, Elkhart Lake Blue, Sky Cool Gray, 2LT, Z51, GT2 Seats, FE4 mag ride, nose lift, performance exhaust, carbon flash wheels. Loving it!

Comment

You got the right color! I have many of the accessories you have, but I'm not a fan of spoilers, so I won't add that, like the car without it. Now get out there and blow em off the road.

Comment

Congrats SubVet for making your beauty just the way you want it to be. That is until your next mod takes over and says, NOW!
                GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Originally posted by DR X View Post
                  Hey Greg, Love all the "mods" you've done. I'm still working on mine, will post as you did soon. Take care!
                  Thank you! Looking forward to seeing what you have done, I know you had some good ones planned 😀. Most of the engine bay lighting stuff I bought well before the car arrived, but I kept forgetting about it. The side skirts and splitter were never on my original list, but after seeing them in person I just had to have them (cue evil laughter LOL).

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X