Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Keith Cornett & Steve Garrett Present The Latest C8 News

We are thrilled to say that this podcast begins year #2 for CORVETTE TODAY!  Keith Cornett from CorvetteBlogger.com teams up with your CORVETTE TODAY host, Steve Garrett, to keep you on top of what's going on in the world of Corvette.  https://anchor.fm/steve-garrett/epis...il-2021-ev2565
Here are some of the topics covered in this podcast:
1.  April 2021 Constraints and Production Update – 11000 orders still to produce
3.  Zeus Bronze and Sebring Orange are now no longer available for order
3.  Corvette is the fastest selling new car for the 3rd month in a row!
4.  Corvette dominates Q1 sales with 51% marketshare
5.  Corvette has highest model loyalty in Luxury Sports Car segment
6. Sportscar 365 says GM Racing will make a decision on LMDH & GTD Pro in 45 days
7.  Digital Paint samples for three new 2022 colors revealed
8.  Tonowanda #1 Team Badges available for sale at Chevy Parts Counter
9.  Corvettes at Carlisle to celebrate the 25th Anniversary of the ’96 Grand Sport
10.  Supercar Blondie is a fan of the C8 Corvette!
See more
See less

what is your Winter car? I'd appreciate advice to stop the car shopping addiction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

THIS $274 down $274 a month lease for the 36 grand v8 camaro was a national program that might be one more dayor two..

any dealer sitting on one should cut the deal ..

as an example the 41.5 grand v8 camaro was being leased out 343 a month

here for comparative analysis

https://forum.leasehackr.com/t/ny-nj...pending/329088

Comment

Heres a guy who got one at $248 down $248 a month. Im guessing gm bonus points kicking in ?

https://forum.leasehackr.com/t/2021-...d-bonus/328627

Comment

OOOPS....sorry didn't remember your in canada...not sure the leasing subsidized situation is the same but i wish you the best my friend.

Comment

GMC pickup with 4 wheel drive.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	drivers side and barn.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	2.54 MB
ID:	237150

Comment

2017 MB c300 4MATIC, seen here occupying the Vette spot while it is in offsite storage. Click image for larger version

Name:	4806E2F5-E1ED-46BB-8D37-E30E423AF373.jpeg
Views:	83
Size:	996.6 KB
ID:	237162
            Initial deposit for 2021 Red Mist HTC 11/25/2019 @Criswell
            2000 status 2/13/2021
            3000 status 2/17/2021

Comment

Audi A7. AWD hatchback that is great in the snow.

Comment

Originally posted by Marchviper View Post
                Audi A7. AWD hatchback that is great in the snow.
                I was looking at a 2020 A7 before I got captivated with the C8

Since my wife is looking at getting a BMW 850i, we'll have our luxury rider
                [2021 2LT-Z51-HTC-Red Mist-Carbon Flash Nacelles-Mirrors-Spoiler][GT2 Sky Cool Grey 2-Tone Torch Red Belts][E60 - FE4 - RC8]
                [Current 1999 C5 Z51 Magnetic Red Coupe]

Deposit June 18 2020

Comment

GMC Canyon works for me.

Comment

You have each contributed so much and JB you are getting my mind going with winter driving my Corvette.

It is hella cold and snowy where I am in Flin Flon Manitoba. Going down to -33 degrees F overnight at the moment.

I'd love to have a chat with somebody on the cold weather testing team to get their perspective on specifics that I would need to pay attention to if I went that route. Obviously snow tires, but what else?

I would love to be a guinea pig for GM.

Comment

Keeo what you've got. Spend the money on C8 accessroies or save it up for the down payment on the Zed-51 as they say in Canada. ( or something like that )

Comment

Originally posted by Jetdriver View Post
                        Keeo what you've got. Spend the money on C8 accessroies or save it up for the down payment on the Zed-51 as they say in Canada. ( or something like that )
                        I am on the list for a year 2 allocation of the Z06 (although #2 on the list, my dealer is being cautious and estimates only 1 Z06 per year).

I plan to sell/trade my C8 for the Z06 and that will be my down payment. So if I devalue my C8 by $15,000 by driving it year round the cost doesn't much matter as I would be saving the running costs of two cars and further the MSRP isn't known of the Z06, so it could be 100k, or 90k, or 110k; it is a variable outside of my control.

My problem is that I can justify anything I want.

Comment

Being English but living in Canada I have a weakness for hot hatches. The field is pretty small here, but I have no regrets buying my Golf R. 300 HP 4WD DCT, it's perfect for the snow, with space for the dog. The car comes with summer 19" Contis, so I bought a second set of 18" wheels and winter tires, Michelin X-Ice, which are great.

Plus the car is a total sleeper. Built in Wolfsberg BTW.

In Canada I can reccomend PMC Tire. Fantastic selection and they mount and balance as well if you buy wheels. They took 3 days to deliver my winter set. https://pmctire.com/en/
                          Last edited by Bikerjulio; 02-04-2021, 09:13 AM.
                          2020 C8 Corvette.D.O.B 2/03/2020
                          Shadow Grey Metallic on Black
                          2LT, Z51 + MRC. GT1 seats.
                          Spectra Grey Tridents.
                          Carbon flash mirrors and spoiler.

Comment

Originally posted by Bikerjulio View Post
                            Being English but living in Canada I have a weakness for hot hatches. The field is pretty small here, but I have no regrets buying my Golf R. 300 HP 4WD DCT, it's perfect for the snow, with space for the dog. The car comes with summer 19" Contis, so I bought a second set of 18" wheels and winter tires, Michelin X-Ice, which are great.

Plus the car is a total sleeper. Built in Wolfsberg BTW.
                            Yes! I factory ordered a 2016 Golf R Manual Trans. I kept it a few years and it was great; The APR stage 1 tune woke it up as well. After a few years there was some wear that I didn't like on the seats due to my fat a##. They were just a touch too narrow with the side bolsters and I had a few issues like the water pump fail on me. The clutch was also going after about 30,000 miles due to the tune.

All in all I loved my Golf R! I went to 17" winter wheels!

I remember watching the Marine Traffic app to follow where my car was on the Atlantic; if I recall the ship name was the "Jasper Arrow"

Comment

Negative 33 degrees...i wouldnt go outside!

To kick the car shopping habit i recommend watching either vice grip garage videos or hagertys barn find hunters (often drives around in a woody wagon searching for barn finds ) i must be getting old but it entertains me to a great degree.

just makes laugh to see how they look for these old cars. And vice grip garage Derek cracks me up. Very funny and actually an amazing mechanic...

anytime you are thinking of trading in your very nice bmw x drive...go watch a few of the videos ...

drive your corvette. Everything washes off...nobody cares at the end of the day whether you trade your c8 in or sell it privately.

nothing is going to happen to your car and if you are thinking of buying a c8 z06 thats all the more reason.

I drive around a thousand miles a month...car looks brand new.

when the party is over..its over so we might as well enjoy our time here on earth.
                              Last edited by JB; 02-04-2021, 09:45 AM.

Comment

My winter beater? A new BRZ recently bought to replace the FR-S I had for 8 years. It's got that manual you're looking for plus rear wheel drive for fun in the snow. Inexpensive enough that I don't feel too guilty about subjecting it to salt and slush.

Click image for larger version

Name:	BRZ-PureRed-02-Medium.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	366.9 KB
ID:	237290
                                (not my picture, from a Driving.ca review I think)

Yes I have a weakness for red sports cars, no matter what season it is.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X