Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

what is your Winter car? I'd appreciate advice to stop the car shopping addiction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you drive down to Cabo San Lucas in your Corvette? I am stuck with a 2009 Nissan Murano I bought new in April of '08. I never fell in love with it, but it may be the most reliable and useful vehicle I have ever owned. The tax records show it being worth $5600, but I doubt I could even get that for it. So, it works just fine as my alternate car. I find myself driving the Corvette whenever it is dry, even if it is cold. Even with temps in the high 30;s the tires get up from "cold" to "cool."
    Ceramic Gray Metallic Z51 w/TT interior Spec Grey Wheels

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	85CD013F-AAB7-4B86-87A6-EFB664BC80F5.jpeg
Views:	96
Size:	495.0 KB
ID:	236993 Hummer H2s...

Comment

Name:	20191216_085709_001.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	2.14 MB
ID:	236995

Comment

I have a 19 civic hatchback. Essentially my rain/snow/salt car.

Comment

In snowy southern Vermont, my winter vehicle is a 2013 BMW X5 AWD 35d diesel. I would never buy a BMW new. They depreciate too fast in their first 3 years. I got mine from a BMW dealer, coming off lease, certified previously owned, with 30,000 miles for half its MSRP. It easily gets 26 mpg while cruising at 80 mph, handles well, and is reliable. Unfortunately, BMW has stopped selling diesels in the USA, so I am keeping this one as long as it is reliable. With proper maintenance, it should go 250K miles minimum.

Comment

Originally posted by MrBluster View Post
              Can you drive down to Cabo San Lucas in your Corvette? I am stuck with a 2009 Nissan Murano I bought new in April of '08. I never fell in love with it, but it may be the most reliable and useful vehicle I have ever owned. The tax records show it being worth $5600, but I doubt I could even get that for it. So, it works just fine as my alternate car. I find myself driving the Corvette whenever it is dry, even if it is cold. Even with temps in the high 30;s the tires get up from "cold" to "cool."
              😂 Actually you could ... why I don't know, but you could if you have the time a trust for your C8 in Mexico

Involves a Ferry Crossing and losts of Tolls and way too much Drama in keeping an eye on your Baby.

I'd rather be Fishing, Play Golf, Smoking Cigars and Drinking Tequila 🤣

Name:	Cabo Vette Trip.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	79.2 KB
ID:	237020
              Attached Files
              [2021 2LT-Z51-HTC-Red Mist-Carbon Flash Nacelles-Mirrors-Spoiler][GT2 Sky Cool Grey 2-Tone Torch Red Belts][E60 - FE4 - RC8]
              [Current 1999 C5 Z51 Magnetic Red Coupe]

Deposit June 18 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Mickey Stevens View Post

Name:	20953791_1866233663404115_8845168910531406806_n.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	67.4 KB
ID:	236973
                I really miss my 2011 Tahoe and the only reason why I don't have one now is because my Wife can't Park that Behemoth
                [2021 2LT-Z51-HTC-Red Mist-Carbon Flash Nacelles-Mirrors-Spoiler][GT2 Sky Cool Grey 2-Tone Torch Red Belts][E60 - FE4 - RC8]
                [Current 1999 C5 Z51 Magnetic Red Coupe]

Deposit June 18 2020

Comment

Living in Texas, we don't have a winter car issue..... We had a truck once (an SSr convertible pick-up), but that was a Home Depot ride, not a seasonal vehicle.

One of our cars always wears the title of 'the rain car' but it's rotated through the pack. Basically the one that's dirty becomes the 'rain car' for the day. We try to keep 'em all detailed all the time so the i8 Roadster usually is the one selected when the weather is less than favorable.... which isn't often down here.

If we have to fold a SUV into our motor pool, it would likely be an Aston Martin. We really enjoyed driving the roadster we had a couple years ago before we became smitten by the i8.
                  2020 HTC Torch Red with lots of goodies. Built in September. Museum Delivered in October......

Other toys in the garage: Ferrari California, BMW i8 Roadster, Bentley Flying Spur

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	BB27ED68-C76E-429B-ADD3-2910272F4759.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	230.5 KB ID:	237036 D Click image for larger version  Name:	2CA09871-121D-4832-B9CC-8EDFAA11FEA6.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	217.3 KB ID:	237035

Comment

Use the c8 as your winter daily driver. We got about 20 inches of snow Sunday Monday and finished up on Tuesday. Today I was out in my c8 z51

best winter car fun ever.

not saving my corvette for the next owner. Drives my better half crazy as well as most people on the road....

its a great high to not let the things you own... own you...

best work out ever tonight.

first world problem? Living before dying is kind of the mantra.

JMO

Comment

Meanwhile if you really want to own a winter car....id recommend subsidized leasing. Check out www.leasehackr.com

they rotate deals through there and its kind of interesting to shop there...

they do mercedes, bmws, alfas, volvos, lexus, maseratis and the list is quite long and varied.

right now some of the lease deals are drying up because inventory shortages due to the computer chip debacle. Car plants are forced to shutdown so inventorys are tight so lease deals and purchase deals are not as enticing.

that said last month was 274 down and 274 a month for a camaro v8 manual...that was a smoking deal for 36 or 39 months ... you could have sold your nice bmw awd and just bough snow tires for the camro v8 ...

your 3 year running costs would have probably been around 13 or 14 grand...

cant beat that deal with a stick. I almost did it and i dont want a third car.

If you want awd..,the alfa guilia awd is zero down 299 a month lately..the alfas are fun quick great handling cars....my wifes alfa stelvio ti sport costs me 1000 drive off and 480 a month for a 48 grand car ...in italian red its a real pretty car thats a hoot to drive..its a sports car cuv ..and if you dont go ti sport you can get those these days for zero down (plus tax tags bank fee and licensing of course) 349....

audi had the SQ5 twin turbo v6 for zero down 444 a month which is nice if you prefer german...

jaguars pulling its 3 series competitor out of the USA this year so the deals on left overs are impressive and its awd.

the challenger 5.7 RT often has run away leases in the mid west running zero down 199 a month for 24 months from time to time...

i like the SUBSIDIZED lease deal for you since you have your favored corvette to enjoy as well.

hope this helps...leases are fun because you are always covered under warranty so its change the oil, add gas and drive

Comment

Originally posted by JB View Post
                          Meanwhile if you really want to own a winter car....id recommend subsidized leasing. Check out www.leasehackr.com

they rotate deals through there and its kind of interesting to shop there...

they do mercedes, bmws, alfas, volvos, lexus, maseratis and the list is quite long and varied.

right now some of the lease deals are drying up because inventory shortages due to the computer chip debacle. Car plants are forced to shutdown so inventorys are tight so lease deals and purchase deals are not as enticing.

that said last month was 274 down and 274 a month for a camaro v8 manual...that was a smoking deal for 36 or 39 months ... you could have sold your nice bmw awd and just bough snow tires for the camro v8 ...

your 3 year running costs would have probably been around 13 or 14 grand...

cant beat that deal with a stick. I almost did it and i dont want a third car.

If you want awd..,the alfa guilia awd is zero down 299 a month lately..the alfas are fun quick great handling cars....my wifes alfa stelvio ti sport costs me 1000 drive off and 480 a month for a 48 grand car ...in italian red its a real pretty car thats a hoot to drive..its a sports car cuv ..and if you dont go ti sport you can get those these days for zero down (plus tax tags bank fee and licensing of course) 349....

audi had the SQ5 twin turbo v6 for zero down 444 a month which is nice if you prefer german...

jaguars pulling its 3 series competitor out of the USA this year so the deals on left overs are impressive and its awd.

the challenger 5.7 RT often has run away leases in the mid west running zero down 199 a month for 24 months from time to time...

i like the SUBSIDIZED lease deal for you since you have your favored corvette to enjoy as well.

hope this helps...leases are fun because you are always covered under warranty so its change the oil, add gas and drive
                          All of those options are up my alley. I'd love a v8 Camaro with a manual for that ridiculously low price !

Comment

The deal supposedly got extended to feb 1st but check around...with the chip shortage you might squeeze that deal in if you move real fast...like tomorrow..

i know one of the brokers had two camaro v8 s...over at leasehackr.com

i cant remember the exact end date on that program...it might actually be February 5th so if you want that deal...call around..

remember its the 36 grand manual v8 camaro thats $274 down and $274 a month...if the cars options go higher that you are considering..lthe monthly begins to climb ...so try no to option up the car as you begin to lose the value portion of the subsidized lease equation.

Comment

https://forum.leasehackr.com/c/marketplace/7

Comment

Originally posted by JB View Post
                                The deal supposedly got extended to feb 1st but check around...with the chip shortage you might squeeze that deal in if you move real fast...like tomorrow..

i know one of the brokers had two camaro v8 s...over at leasehackr.com

i cant remember the exact end date on that program...it might actually be February 5th so if you want that deal...call around..

remember its the 36 grand manual v8 camaro thats $274 down and $274 a month...if the cars options go higher that you are considering..lthe monthly begins to climb ...so try no to option up the car as you begin to lose the value portion of the subsidized lease equation.

I'm in Canada and I'm looking at the Canadian equivalent. This opens up so many options.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X