Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

what is your Winter car? I'd appreciate advice to stop the car shopping addiction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what is your Winter car? I'd appreciate advice to stop the car shopping addiction

As my C8 sleeps in my garage for Winter I am driving my winter car. It is very cold and snowy where I live. It is a 2015 BMW 328i Xdrive; it has 60,000 km. There is absolutely nothing wrong with it; it works great and is loaded.

But I have a car buying disease and since owning the C8 I crave something more out of my winter car. I miss a manual trans as well. I haven't thought twice about selling my C8 even when offered over MSRP; it is irreplaceable, other than by the Z06.

There is no justifiable reason to replace my winter car; it has been dead reliable and it is worth about 22k (CAD). Any replacement in that price range will be worse and an unknown quantity.

I am able to afford spending more, but it just seems excessive at this point; if I picked up a slightly used Lexus LS I would get the smooth ride that I want in Winter but would lack some performance; if I picked up a used Audi TT I would gain some 'fun' but lose out on reliability. I could pick up an AWD Challenger GT, but there is the FCA factor. None of these modern cars offer a manual in the trims that I would prefer.

How do you stop the car-shopping/researching addiction?

I am privileged; this is a first world problem and not important; but I would appreciate advice on the best Winter car pairing if comfort, technology, and performance are key in that order. And man I miss a manual trans,

I have gone so far as to look into Land Rover LR4s and slightly used Discovery Sports....I AM SICK!

I Love my 2014 Buick Encalve or my Wife's 2014 5 Series BMW ...

So no need to Sandblast my Corvette with Winter Rock Sault
    Last edited by Plentyfast; 02-03-2021, 03:35 PM.
    [2021 2LT-Z51-HTC-Red Mist-Carbon Flash Nacelles-Mirrors-Spoiler][GT2 Sky Cool Grey 2-Tone Torch Red Belts][E60 - FE4 - RC8]
    [Current 1999 C5 Z51 Magnetic Red Coupe]

Deposit June 18 2020

Comment

Mine is a CTS Coupe, Crimson Red Tintcoat.

Comment

No need for a winter car in Florida so I'll just show my non Corvette, a 2014 Silverado LT regular cab. I think I'm one of the few who likes a regular cab truck.

Click image for larger version

Name:	003r.JPG
Views:	170
Size:	602.5 KB
ID:	236903
        1966 coupe - Sunfire Yellow / Black
        2004 Z06 - Millennium Yellow / Black

NCM Lifetime Member since 2003

Comment

I'm shooting to operate my AS tire equipped "base" C8 throughout the winter this year here in the mid-Atlantic. The huge nor'easter over the past few days has raised some doubts whether I will be successful and I won't go in the snow with the C8.

BUT, I got a hog vehicle that can go no matter what. Its a 410 HP, twin turbo charged, 5,350 GVWR lb Cadillac XTSvsport, AWD, 20 inch wheels, AS tires, high clearance plus all the bells and whistles. I've had it out in the snow and it goes.

Doesn't mean I gotta stop the "car shopping" and am looking at the CT5-V that also has AWD, 20 inch wheels with twin turbo charged engine as the XTS replacement maybe next fall as the XTSvsport now has over 60 thousand miles on it. Its gonna get me thru the winter so all's good.
          Last edited by Boomer; 02-03-2021, 04:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by brad66 View Post
            No need for a winter car in Florida so I'll just show my non Corvette, a 2014 Silverado LT regular cab. I think I'm one of the few who likes a regular cab truck.

Name:	003r.JPG
Views:	170
Size:	602.5 KB
ID:	236903
            I totally forgot about regular cab trucks! A dying breed but I love the look!

Comment

I am loving that you are each contributing to my disease by offering up fantastic options that I haven't yet considered!

Comment

Wife Lexus rx350. Me Tahoe high country

Comment

Although my winter car is still my C8, for those excursions to northern Az. we just got the Mrs. the Hyundai Palisades Calligraphy with AWD for any snow we might encounter. Click image for larger version

Name:	551C6ACB-B7A8-4A52-A51A-6FFF981C0DC4.jpeg
Views:	155
Size:	2.93 MB
ID:	236944
                  Mesa, AZ.
                  AYM, 3LT, Z51, 5VM (via ACS Composite), 5ZC, FE4, RCC

Comment

Mazda CX-5. More fun to drive than any other small SUV.
                    Current C7:SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Status 3000: 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, FE2, NPP Nickname TBD

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club.

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Move south and drive the C8 full time!

Comment

2019 Acura RDX A spec great in the snow.

Comment

F150 Ecoboost SuperCrew... Perfect winter/ski/dog/daily-driver vehicle.

Name:	f150 winter park - 1.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	2.78 MB
ID:	236957
                          Corvette: 2021 HTC Z51 Elkhart Lake Blue, born 1/7/21
                          Porsche: 2001 911 Turbo Coupe, 2014 911 Turbo S

Comment

Originally posted by Psmithzr1 View Post
                            Move south and drive the C8 full time!
                            Normally we're in Cabo San Lucas in late October or early November, Tampa or Naples for New Years ... and any place else on the planet in March.

Usually Vette Driving is just fine from May through October and I like my Home exactly where it is.
                            [2021 2LT-Z51-HTC-Red Mist-Carbon Flash Nacelles-Mirrors-Spoiler][GT2 Sky Cool Grey 2-Tone Torch Red Belts][E60 - FE4 - RC8]
                            [Current 1999 C5 Z51 Magnetic Red Coupe]

Deposit June 18 2020

Comment

Name:	20953791_1866233663404115_8845168910531406806_n.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	67.4 KB
ID:	236973
                              1CYO7; 2LT; GSJ Silver Flare; Adrenalin Red; Q8Q Carbon Flash Aluminum Wheels; NPP Performance Exhaust; ZYC Carbon Flash Mirror; J6F Red Brake Calipers; EFR Carbon Flash Trim; DZX Carbon Flash/Edge Red Stinger Stripe; CC3 Transparent Roof; 5ZZ High Wing; RCC Edge Red Engine Cover; member of Corvettes United of Central Massachusetts, member of the National Corvette Museum, home is on the shores of Lake Chargooggagoggmanchauggagoggchaubunagungamaugg, Massachusetts biggest and most beautiful lake!

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X