Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Corvette Today Podcast News & Headlines

Steve Garrett and Keith Cornett from CorvetteBlogger.com get together once again for the the latest update in the world of Corvette. https://anchor.fm/steve-garrett/epis...ry-2021-eqmrgl. News & Headlines for late February 2021 on these topics and more.
1. Winter storm delays reopening of BGA
2. ISeeCars.com reports that the C8 Corvette was the fastest selling car in January.
3. Don’t expect Black Trident wheels back until April 2021
4. The C8 is the Daytona 500 Pace Car
5. Here are the Corvette colors being retired in 2022
6. Sylvester Stallone buys a Rapid Blue C8 Corvette
7. Play Corvette Drive on Alexa
See more
See less

Couple of Car Cleaning tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AZvrod View Post
    Also the rear glass over the engine is very hard to reach on the inside
    Yesterday I "discovered" an easy way to clean the inside rear window glass in the coupe. Our kitchen step ladder is sturdy with wide steps. Its a standard Home Depot kitchen step ladder with three steps. I put it sideways behind the C8 with the trunk open. From the second step I was easily able to step from the ladder into the trunk. Then with my legs in the trunk I sat on the rear deck. From there I was able to clean the rear window with a damp towel while just sitting there. Easy reach and it took me about five seconds to clean the inside of the rear window.

Comment

This works for the windshield, rear cabin glass inside and out and the engine glass.... Click image for larger version

Name:	418DFFB2-53F2-47B5-B874-8AF3DB44DBA9.png
Views:	373
Size:	607.3 KB
ID:	229031
      3lt SOT...cf racing stripe,front lift.mag ride, z51,cf mirrors & spoiler,bright trident wheels,yellow calipers, yellow stitching black leather ,yellow belts,

Comment

OK, Boomer. We definitely need photos of that!
        Ceramic Gray Metallic Z51 w/TT interior Spec Grey Wheels

Comment

Originally posted by TireEater View Post
          Does anyone have suggestions for engine cleaning? I live on a dirt road and this engine gets much dirtier than the engine in my C3.
          This is my method.
          Open the trunk fully, pressure wash the engine bay with soap, pressure wash rinse and blow dry.
          Dab up the remaining drops with a microfiber.
          This is the only way to get everything clean in the engine bay.
          Just remember GM's suggestions (from the manual), keep at least 1 foot away with the spray nozzle and avoid areas marked with the "Do not pressure wash logo".
          I have looked and have not yet found that logo on anything so I wash everything under the trunk, including the underside of the trunk.
          After doing this a couple of times now, I don't even have to cover the trunk opening any more.
          I wash the engine bay after I have washed the car then rinse all with RO water and blow dry.
          My engine bay is never dirty as this method is so easy to do and I am never leaning against the paint trying to wash and wipe the engine off.
          TPW March 2. 3LT, Z51, FE4, Black GBA, ZZ3, Black interior with Red seats/red stitch HU0 & 2 tone TU7, E60, J6N, RIK, Q8Q, etc.
          Medicine Hat, Alberta, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Boomer View Post

Yesterday I "discovered" an easy way to clean the inside rear window glass in the coupe. Our kitchen step ladder is sturdy with wide steps. Its a standard Home Depot kitchen step ladder with three steps. I put it sideways behind the C8 with the trunk open. From the second step I was easily able to step from the ladder into the trunk. Then with my legs in the trunk I sat on the rear deck. From there I was able to clean the rear window with a damp towel while just sitting there. Easy reach and it took me about five seconds to clean the inside of the rear window.
            Nice man, I just saw this, you sir are a problem solver! I love it! Gotta love simple solutions. Coupled with with my cheapness, my laziness are usually my biggest barriers. If I can find an easy, cheap solution..Im in!

Comment

I could not imagine cleaning the glass any other way!
              Attached Files
              72 Corvette T-Top, 85 928, 04 CLK 500 Conv, 20 C8 2LT Z51 White/Red HT

August 20, 2019 status 1100 / February 18, 2020 status 2000 / February 19, 2020 status 3000 / September 8, 2020 status 3300 / September 21, 2020 status 3400 / October 15, 2020 status 6000 / October 15, 2020 left deposit for ZO6

Comment

Originally posted by AZvrod View Post
                Hi guys, after washing the car several time now, I thought I would share some of my experiences and tips, just to help anyone else who might have an interest. First of all the car has much more surface area than it looks, and a lot of nooks and crannies. While roughly the same size as my C5, it has a lot more angles and general surface area and probably takes about twice as long to clean well. I joke to myself that its like a piece of Origami, it just keeps unraveling as you clean it. So here are some quick suggestions. Also note I dont have anything to do with the products below, other than my recommendation.

1) Most obvious is the open vents to the engine compartment. What I use it 2 good size towels rolled on the outside of each top vent, and a hand towel stuffed into the gap between the glass and the lid for the bottom slot. They don't get that wet, but keep all the water from running down into the engine compartment, and then you can use them for cleaning the door sills and the frunk and engine compartments, no need for anything fancy here, works great.

2) Wheels: I deliberately got black wheels so they wouldn't show dirt as bad as other colors, and I love the 5 point wheels as opposed to the C5 Z wheels (which is also why I didn't get the trident wheels). But the wheels also have lots of grooves and slots, and its tight to get inside the wheels in several places (and the rears are very wide). But I got a Woollywormit wheel brush and it is great for cleaning all the nooks of the wheels, and has a fitting for cleaning around the lugs.

3) Glass: The car has a very long dash and the windshield goes on for miles, and all the edges are very hard to reach. Also the rear glass over the engine is very hard to reach on the inside, as well as the partition between the engine and cabin. I just got a Invisible Glass 95164 Reach and Clean Tool, and it works great for all glass. It comes with 2 heads and reaches all the surfaces and cleans great.

Just sharing some of my experience and hope it helps some of you folks who wash their own cars!
                For the open engine grilles in the back, I use The Absorber...cut it in half, fold it over, and dampen it. When damp, you can mold them to fit right over the grilles, and then a regular towel into the gap between the glass and lid. One piece of advice....make sure you wipe off all the water on the deck lid and top after washing before opening it to dry the engine compartment. Otherwise, water runs right back down in there.

Comment

There is an upgraded version of the Stoner Invisible window cleaner. Screw in extension for the pole and a smaller attachment that is used to clean then the larger attachment to polish or dry. Also comes with three microfiber covers for each attachment. I think it was $29 on Amazon. Extension makes it super easy to reach inside windshield and rear class. I had the version previously posted and it worked fine. This upgraded one with the two attachments is so much better.....

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0301.jpeg
Views:	261
Size:	2.20 MB
ID:	229945
                  Semper Fidelis,
                  MattπŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ

Rapid Blue..2LT..Z51...born 11/17/20...delivered 11/28/20 with many thanks to Mike Furman.

Comment

Anyone in this thread using water treatment (canisters) to reduce your rinse water solids to prevent spotting?
                    Last edited by UCF.Fan48; 01-17-2021, 09:06 AM.
                    202(1 or 2) Arctic White HTC Z51 with all the Goodies 😎

Comment

There is an upgraded version of the Stoner Invisible window cleaner. Screw in extension for the pole and a smaller attachment that is used to clean then the larger attachment to polish or dry. Also comes with three microfiber covers for each attachment. I think it was $29 on Amazon. Extension makes it super easy to reach inside windshield and rear class. I had the version previously posted and it worked fine. This upgraded one with the two attachments is so much better..

Zora... what glass cleaner are you using?

Comment

Stoners Invisible glass. I have tried many others and always come back to this.
                        Semper Fidelis,
                        MattπŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ

Rapid Blue..2LT..Z51...born 11/17/20...delivered 11/28/20 with many thanks to Mike Furman.

Comment

Originally posted by UCF.Fan48 View Post
                          Anyone in this thread using water treatment (canisters) to reduce your rinse water solids to prevent spotting?
                          Yes, I use a deionizer for the final rinse and it works great. No water spotting at all.

Comment

Originally posted by pksjc View Post

Yes, I use a deionizer for the final rinse and it works great. No water spotting at all.
                            Who’s are you using? Size? How many rinses will it-they handle? (Sorry for the 20??s 😎) Thanks a Million!

Comment

Originally posted by UCF.Fan48 View Post

Who’s are you using? Size? How many rinses will it-they handle? (Sorry for the 20??s 😎) Thanks a Million!
                              I got the "On The Go Portable Water Deionizer" and it's the single tank model. I used a hose bib splitter at the source to isolate regular water that goes into my pressure washer/foam canon and then another hose to the Deionizer that just have a regular nozzle. This way, I don't have to switch back and forth.

I also used a regulator to lower the water pressure into the Deionizer so the rinse is a gentle flow. Works really well and I think it gets around 30-35 washes easy for the size of the cars I own. It comes with a hard water tester too so I test the water every 5 washes or so and if the solids start to rise, it's time to order the recharge pack. I got the standard sized unit and they come in larger units if you want to go longer between recharges or have larger vehicles like RVs.

My cars are also ceramic coated, so the need to wash them as frequently has dropped down too.

​​​​​​
                              Last edited by pksjc; 01-17-2021, 10:05 AM. Reason: Forgot to mention the size of my unit.

Comment

Originally posted by pksjc View Post

I got the "On The Go Portable Water Deionizer" and it's the single tank model. I used a hose bib splitter at the source to isolate regular water that goes into my pressure washer/foam canon and then another hose to the Deionizer that just have a regular nozzle. This way, I don't have to switch back and forth.

I also used a regulator to lower the water pressure into the Deionizer so the rinse is a gentle flow. Works really well and I think it gets around 30-35 washes easy for the size of the cars I own. It comes with a hard water tester too so I test the water every 5 washes or so and if the solids start to rise, it's time to order the recharge pack. I got the standard sized unit and they come in larger units if you want to go longer between recharges or have larger vehicles like RVs.

My cars are also ceramic coated, so the need to wash them as frequently has dropped down too.

​​​​​​
                                Great Feedback.... Thanks a Million pksjc!!

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X