MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Special Tadge Juechter On Corvette Today Podcast Now

Steve Garrett has the honor of talking to Corvette's Executive Chief Engineer, Tadge Juechter on CORVETTE TODAY!  https://anchor.fm/steve-garrett/epis...60a01_h0PwqXjw

Tadge talks about how he started working at GM, what his first job was for the company, his path to success and how he attained his current position. Then Steve and Tadge trace his time with the C4, C5 and C6.  You'll learn how the C7 almost became the mid-engine Corvette!  Tadge talks about how the true mid-engine car we know today was being developed while the C7 was coming to market! Next Tadge takes a deep dive into the development and product launch of the current C8 Corvette. He talks about how the Corvette team attained the buy-in for GM executives to build the car, the research and architecture of the C8 and the future of this mid-engine marvel.

Tell your friends, stop what you're doing right now and check out this outstanding episode of CORVETTE TODAY with Executive Chief Engineer, Tadge Juechter!

https://anchor.fm/steve-garrett (listen to all CORVETTE TODAY podcasts)

CorvetteToday.ck.page (sign up for email updates here)
2 of 2 < >

Official C8 Owners Manual, Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

See more
See less

Installed 5W8 ground effects today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installed 5W8 ground effects today

I installed the 5W8 ground effects today (Carbon Fiber painted Carbon Flash (side-skirts and splitter)) and couldn't be happier with the end results.

Overall it was pretty straight forward, the hardest part was drilling a hole in the side of the car for the fastening bolt (by hard I mean it was difficult putting a drill to the side of my car LOL). I followed the instructions pretty much to the letter, the only thing I did extra was after fitting the side skirt into place I let it sit with a couple of helpers holding the part in place with some lateral and vertical force. After about 15-20 min I drilled and added the rivets to the bottom. I did this to allow the tape and the window weld to set at least a little before finishing the install with the rivets along the bottom edge. I am not really sure if it helped but I didn't have any bowing/slipping or adhesion problems.

I didn't have any issues and the parts fit perfectly and installed rather easily. This has been my favorite mod to date as I think the car looks even better (I didn't think that was possible).

This was a fun mod and as always I enjoyed spending time with my car buddies.

Prep: cleaning ceramic off on contact points and test fitting
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Taped for cleaning cermic off.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	681.3 KB
ID:	210047 Click image for larger version

Name:	Taped for cleaning cermic off DS.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	701.8 KB
ID:	210050 Click image for larger version

Name:	Test fit PS.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	646.5 KB
ID:	210046
    Finished (on the lift)

Name:	DS installed.jpg
Size:	695.1 KB
ID:	210048 Click image for larger version

Name:	PS installed.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	669.8 KB
ID:	210049 Click image for larger version

Name:	Splitter Complete PS view.jpg
Size:	742.7 KB
ID:	210051 Click image for larger version

Name:	Splitter head on.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	687.6 KB
ID:	210052

Finished :-)

Name:	Outside DS view.jpg
Size:	1.07 MB
ID:	210053 Click image for larger version

Name:	Outside DS low looking up.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	1.16 MB
ID:	210055 Click image for larger version

Name:	Outside rear facing forward.jpg
Size:	1.08 MB
ID:	210054 Click image for larger version

Name:	Outside head on.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	1.21 MB
ID:	210056
    My Tactics Instructor use to say "it doesn't matter what you carry....but you can never have enough ammo".

Cars 1973 Camaro RS RestoMod (LSX454) if I ever finish, 1995 Mitsubishi 3000GT (was my Dad's car, lots of sentimental meaning), 2012 Hennessey HPE600 Camaro Convertible, 2017 Camaro 50th Anniversary Convertible and I am looking forward to my first Corvette C8, just in time for my 50th.

Looks great. Very methodically and precisely done.
    Looking forward to our ME arriving.

Comment

That makes for a great look and day!
      2017 TR GS 2LT

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
      Working...
      X