C8 interior windshield sunshade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by darkkaangel View Post

Just following up on this, were you able to go down to covercraft and let them measure?
    Thanks
    I was actually just there this past Friday. They had a prototype there for me to test (I believe he said 3rd revision and based on measurements I had provided) and it fit pretty well with a couple of caveats. First, in order to clear the wide A-pillars, the screen is just a little narrower than I'd like. There's really not much they can do for that since making it any wider would make it extremely difficult to get into place in the windshield. Secondly, since the visors don't flip down all the way to the windshield they can't hold the sunscreen against the glass like they would in many vehicles. Again, not much Covercraft can do about this so they've designed the shield to gently rest against the visors when they're flipped down. This does result in the sunscreen setting away from the glass and a bit, but it still does a good job of blocking light. They let me take the prototype home with me, so when I get back home in a couple of days I'll snap some photos of the screen installed.

They did indicate it would likely be a couple of weeks before the screens are available on the website and I'm working with the sales manager to get a forum discount for us. I'll keep you posted on that....
    2020 C8 | Torch Red | 3LT | Z51 Performance Package | 5W8 Ground Effects Package | Cicio Performance Lowering Kit | Vossen HF-5 Wheels | Front Lift | Bright Red Calipers | Carbon flash Mirrors | GT2 Seats | Black Leather | Engine Appearance Pkg | Red Seat Belts

Comment

Thanks for the follow-up. I will have my windshield tinted to reduce UV heat and glare, but a sun shade is still mandatory in the AZ summers when it's normally well over 100 degrees. Good to know they shoud be available soon. My coupe should be here in about 4 weeks, so timing should be good. Keep us posted!

Comment

Originally posted by darkkaangel View Post
        Anyone been able to source a C8 interior windshield sunshade yet?
        I spoke to covercraft who does custom fitted ones and they said due to covid they have not been able to go out and get the measurements they need to design one yet.
        I hate just letting the sun blaze in the front windshield.
        I've been using my C7 sunshade. It's actually a pretty good fit, the visors holding it in place, etc. It'll do until someone comes out with one for the C8.

Comment

Apologies for the delay in getting these pictures posted, it's been a hectic couple of weeks around the house. Anyway, here's a couple of photos of the Covercraft sunshade installed. As I mentioned above, in order to clear the wide A-pillars on the C8 the screen is just a little narrower than I'd like. There's really not much that can be done for that since making it any wider would make it extremely difficult to get into place in the windshield. Secondly, since the visors don't flip down all the way to the windshield they can't hold the sunscreen against the glass like they would in most other vehicles. Again, not much Covercraft can do about this so they've designed the shield to gently rest against the visors when they're flipped down. This does result in the sunscreen setting away from the glass and a bit, but it still does a good job of blocking light.

The sales manager has agreed to provide a forum discount, but I'm still on hold with that until these are released from production, hopefully by early next week.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo Sep 14, 4 52 57 PM.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	5.78 MB
ID:	190524Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo Sep 14, 4 52 54 PM.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	5.49 MB
ID:	190525
          2020 C8 | Torch Red | 3LT | Z51 Performance Package | 5W8 Ground Effects Package | Cicio Performance Lowering Kit | Vossen HF-5 Wheels | Front Lift | Bright Red Calipers | Carbon flash Mirrors | GT2 Seats | Black Leather | Engine Appearance Pkg | Red Seat Belts

Comment

Originally posted by CZS View Post
            Apologies for the delay in getting these pictures posted, it's been a hectic couple of weeks around the house. Anyway, here's a couple of photos of the Covercraft sunshade installed. As I mentioned above, in order to clear the wide A-pillars on the C8 the screen is just a little narrower than I'd like. There's really not much that can be done for that since making it any wider would make it extremely difficult to get into place in the windshield. Secondly, since the visors don't flip down all the way to the windshield they can't hold the sunscreen against the glass like they would in most other vehicles. Again, not much Covercraft can do about this so they've designed the shield to gently rest against the visors when they're flipped down. This does result in the sunscreen setting away from the glass and a bit, but it still does a good job of blocking light.

The sales manager has agreed to provide a forum discount, but I'm still on hold with that until these are released from production, hopefully by early next week.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo Sep 14, 4 52 57 PM.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	5.78 MB
ID:	190524Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo Sep 14, 4 52 54 PM.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	5.49 MB
ID:	190525
            Please keep us posted. I'd like to order one ASAP. Any forum discount would be much appreciated. Thanks for donating your car and time to Covercraft to allow this to happen. I've owned a number of their sun shades before and they have always been top-notch.

Comment

It looks like they are available to order on their website. Not sure about any discount code though???

Comment

I messaged Covercraft to see if they would offer a discount to forum members. I'll keep everyone posted if I hear back from them.

Comment

So, I may have a lead on this. It turns out that a company called Covercraft, which makes it very high quality custom foldable sunshade, is located only about 40 miles south of me. I reached out to their customer service and was told that they simply hadn’t been able to get their hands on a C8 to get the required measurements. Since I’m only a half hour away, I offered to let the measure my vehicle. I have an appointment for later in the month and they indicated it should be a very quick turnaround to get them cut and available on the website. I’ll keep everyone posted.
                  I did the same thing when the C7 first came out. I worked with Covercraft testing betas on RedHot and she served as the prototype for the current version (which, by the way has held up very nicely for nearly 7 years of high use here in the Mojave Desert).
                  Enthusiastic owner of 'RedHot' Prod.Wk 7 Oct '13 Museum Del. 29 Oct '13
                  Contributing Member of the National Corvette Museum
                  Web site: https://www.daumphotography.com/
                  blog: https://insight.daumphotography.com/

Comment

]​
                    It should be just fine sitting back from the windshield. Once I permanently installed dashcams high on RedHot's windshield, and my BMW, the sunshades now sit away from the windshield, held in place by the visors. They still block most of the solar radiation.

Enthusiastic owner of 'RedHot' Prod.Wk 7 Oct '13 Museum Del. 29 Oct '13
                    Contributing Member of the National Corvette Museum
                    Web site: https://www.daumphotography.com/
                    blog: https://insight.daumphotography.com/

Comment

Well, finally some good news! The Covercraft sunshade is now available on their webpage and forum members can use the code MECF10 to receive 10% off of their purchase.

Comment

Well, finally some good news! The Covercraft sunshade is now available on their webpage and forum members can use the code MECF10 to receive 10% off of their purchase.
                        Thanks! Headed over there now to order. It's hot and sunny here in Arizona!

Comment

Originally posted by Insane C8 View Post

Thanks! Headed over there now to order. It's hot and sunny here in Arizona!
                          Fantastic! Let me know if you have any issues with the code.

Comment

OK, good news and bad news. Good: the above code gave 10% discount and free shipping. Bad: estimated ship date is Nov 24 (2 months away!!!). Dude, nothing is a short wait when it comes to the C8!

Comment

For what it’s worth, I did as another member posted. I had my guy apply XPEL ceramic tint (70%) on windshield. The top tier one blocks like 99% of UV rays. I was told it is approved/recommended by the American Cancer Society. I did 70% and it is hardly noticeable but still yields full benefit regardless of the tint percentage. I doubt any law enforcement officer would ever notice it enough to put a meter on it if your state has restrictions. It also blocks out 98% of the convective heat and my car is noticeably cooler. (I ceramic tinted side windows also) Anyway, it may be something C8 owners want to research and consider.
                              Torch Red; 2LT; Z51; Two Tone Adrenaline Red GT2 seats TU7/AH2; Mag Ride FE4; Front Lift E60; Engine Appearance ZZ3; Pewter Rims 5DG; Silver Center Caps RXH; Battery Protection ERI; Yellow Calipers J6E; Yellow Seat Belts 3M9

Comment

Originally posted by KOPBET View Post
                                For what it’s worth, I did as another member posted. I had my guy apply XPEL ceramic tint (70%) on windshield. The top tier one blocks like 99% of UV rays. I was told it is approved/recommended by the American Cancer Society. I did 70% and it is hardly noticeable but still yields full benefit regardless of the tint percentage. I doubt any law enforcement officer would ever notice it enough to put a meter on it if your state has restrictions. It also blocks out 98% of the convective heat and my car is noticeably cooler. (I ceramic tinted side windows also) Anyway, it may be something C8 owners want to research and consider.
                                I agree completely! I began having the windshields on my vehicles tinted with Llumar 'AIR' 80% about 6-7 years ago and it's fantastic. You really don't know it's there and yields tremendous glare and heat reduction. Even helps make the HUD appear a bit sharper too!

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X