MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Corvette Today Product Featuring Doug Fehan On Now

Learn Everything About Corvette Racing From THE Product Manager, Doug Fehan!_If you are a Corvette fan, you have to be interested in Corvette Racing! https://anchor.fm/steve-garrett/epis...g-Fehan-ejpu64 Steve Garrett learns just about everything there is to know about Corvette Racing for THE man who heads up Corvette Racing....Doug Fehan. Doug traces the origins of the race program from its beginnings all the way up to present day.  Fehan talks about the new mid-engine C8.R race car and its differences from the C7.R.  Doug outlines the races Corvette Racing participates in during a typical year and why they did not go to Le Mans this year.  Learn about the passionate race fans and the driver's relationship with them. Doug's energy, enthusiasm and passion come out bold and proud in this fantastic episode of CORVETTE TODAY!
See more
See less

C8 interior windshield sunshade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C8 interior windshield sunshade

Anyone been able to source a C8 interior windshield sunshade yet?
    I spoke to covercraft who does custom fitted ones and they said due to covid they have not been able to go out and get the measurements they need to design one yet.
    I hate just letting the sun blaze in the front windshield.
    Darkk

I was thinking about that also. Question is, is there room behind the seats to store it when you are under way?

Comment

A truck size foldable shade could be trimmed down to fit your C8. There are options...for the interem.
      C8er

Comment

Originally posted by jlc41 View Post
        I was thinking about that also. Question is, is there room behind the seats to store it when you are under way?

Yes as long it is the kind that folds into max of roughly 22” wide sections (but definitely not those that are full width and do not fold). A better way to answer your question is: if it would fit behind a C7 seat, it would fit behind a C8 seat. I did a google search and did not find one with a C8 emblem. Anyone have?

We saw a person 6’7” fit into the C8’s passenger seat, so there is lots of room in the C8 that way, 1” more literally than in a C7. I am 5’11”, 30” inseam, and to fit my feet comfortably (gently touching) against the firewall footrest, I had to move up the seat to the point that there was around 3“ to 4” behind it. It is a perfect place for squish-ables. A person 5’4” tall sat in the passenger seat at NCM and had about 7” to 8” behind her seat.
        GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 22 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Thanks John. Now to find a sun screen for the C8.

Comment

I still have my custom C7 sunshade. I wonder if it will work in the C8.
            On Deposit: 2020 C8 Stingray Convertible - Torch Red - Natural Dipped 3LT - Z51 w/MSRC - Front Lift

Comment

I'm still waiting for my C8. Would someone that already has theirs please measure the distance across the windshield from A pillar to A pillar and also the distance from the bottom to the top so I have an idea what size the area is to cover. Thanks very much. Inches are preferred, but I will convert CM if needed.
              1LT |Torch Red/Black | DOB=8/31 | Home on 9/24.
              Splash Guards, Cargo Nets, All weather Jake Floor Mats and Cargo Area Liner, and Front Grille Screens behind grilles.

Comment

In the past, I've gotten all of my custom sunshields from Carid.com. They do not have any as of last week but I'm sure they will soon. I still don't have my car but I will need a nice sunshade to help in the Arizona heat and sun. My last shade from them was for a Mercedes AMG C63s. It was a perfect fit and looked almost brand new after I got rid of the car after the 3 yr lease was up.

Comment

So, I may have a lead on this. It turns out that a company called Covercraft, which makes it very high quality custom foldable sunshade, is located only about 40 miles south of me. I reached out to their customer service and was told that they simply hadn’t been able to get their hands on a C8 to get the required measurements. Since I’m only a half hour away, I offered to let the measure my vehicle. I have an appointment for later in the month and they indicated it should be a very quick turnaround to get them cut and available on the website. I’ll keep everyone posted.
                  2020 C8 | Torch Red | 3LT | Z51 Performance Package | 5W8 Ground Effects Package | Carbon Flash Open Spoke Wheels | Front Lift | Bright Red Calipers | Carbon flash Mirrors | GT2 Seats | Black Leather | Engine Appearance Pkg | Red Seat Belts

Comment

Originally posted by CZS View Post
                    So, I may have a lead on this. It turns out that a company called Covercraft, which makes it very high quality custom foldable sunshade, is located only about 40 miles south of me. I reached out to their customer service and was told that they simply hadn’t been able to get their hands on a C8 to get the required measurements. Since I’m only a half hour away, I offered to let the measure my vehicle. I have an appointment for later in the month and they indicated it should be a very quick turnaround to get them cut and available on the website. I’ll keep everyone posted.
                    I hope they are going to give you one for free, as a minimum!

Comment

Originally posted by 16falcon View Post

I hope they are going to give you one for free, as a minimum!
                      Ha! I think I can talk them into that...
                      2020 C8 | Torch Red | 3LT | Z51 Performance Package | 5W8 Ground Effects Package | Carbon Flash Open Spoke Wheels | Front Lift | Bright Red Calipers | Carbon flash Mirrors | GT2 Seats | Black Leather | Engine Appearance Pkg | Red Seat Belts

Comment

Nice CZS! Yes, I think the last shade I had was made by CoverCraft and sold by Car id. Thx for taking on for the team!

Comment

That's great news. All of my vehicles have Covercraft Sunshades. Always top quality.
                          Formerly Arctic Stingray (No sense having this username anymore since I haven't had my arctic in 15 years 🤣)
                          Rapid Blue 3LT, HTC, Z51, HTO, D84, E60, FE4, J6F, ZYC.

Comment

I’m thinking about a 70% ceramic film on the windshield. I should still have good night visibility, but 99% of the UV will be blocked. I may not need a sunshade, and hopefully will not have peeling/shrinking 3LT dash leather like many C7s.
                            GMO Rapid Blue, 3LT, HTO tension/twilight blue, FA5 CF interior, Z51, FE4 magnetic ride, E60 front lift, Q8T spectra gray tridents, STI composite rockers, VQK splash guards. Built 7/24, delivered 8/28.

Comment

Just following up on this, were you able to go down to covercraft and let them measure?
                              Thanks
                              Darkk

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X