MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 4 < >

Welcome Ikon Performance As Our Featured Forum Vendor

We are extremely pleased to have the high quality firm of Ikon Performance join us with their C8 exhaust system being their lead C8 product. Ikon is at: http://www.ikonperformance.com/c8-Co...xhaust-system/ Their C8 exhaust is bent, made of 304 stainless, with round exhaust tips and more.
2 of 4 < >

Corvette Today Podcast IS On Now With CorvetteBlogger and Steve Garrett

Steve Garrett and CorvetteBlogger Keith Cornett examine “Corvette Headlines & News” for mid-September 2020. https://anchor.fm/steve-garrett/epis...rftb Included in this episode are: The Corvette Visualizer for 2021 is now online; The National Corvette Museum raffles off the 1.75 millionth Corvette; Electric, all-wheel drive Corvette possibly coming out in 2023;Country Music star George Jones’ Corvette gets donated to the NCM;.....and more!Stay current on what's going on in the world of Corvette with this episode of CORVETTE TODAY!
3 of 4 < >

FOLLOW THIS FORUM RULE!

All shall follow this forum rule:

“11. Do not post URL links to any product or service that is offered by a forum vendor. Exception: If the product or service you wish to link is one that you know is not offered by a forum supporting vendor, you may post that link. Examples of the latter could include tools, common products like duct/electrical tape, motor oil, and/or providers of specialized upgrade, maintenance or repair services.”

You may use a non forum business name, posting such as, “I buy at Joe’s” but again may not post a link to nor a URL of Joe’s.
See more
See less

The one thing you should pay extra for

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The one thing you should pay extra for

My C8 came with no options, I actually paid $59,000 for it. But at the closing, when I was shown the extended warranties and other opportunities to spend more money, there was one protection plan that caught my eye.
    That was the CNA National Preferred Tire Care plan. For $790, my tires and wheels are guaranteed for 5 years, if I hit a curb the wheel will be buffed out, if it can't be, it will be replaced.
    As you know, you are not supposed to plug the run-flat tires. A 305 Michelin tire costs $500 new, so you could very easily make up the cost of the plan.
    In fact, I may have made it up already. Apparently, in my maiden voyage to the Jersey Shore last week, I picked up a small nail in the right rear tire. The tire is losing about 4 lb per day, and I suspect a finishing nail. I have an appointment Friday morning at the Chevy dealer to get it looked at and either fixed or replaced. Either way, I won't pay a penny, the CNA plan will cover it.
    So when you sit down to close on your new C8, I highly recommend the tire and wheel plan, it may pay for itself sooner than you think.
    Torch red 1LT, no options. Built June 4, received July 2

I agree, that peace of mind is well worth it. We drive our Silverado with 22 incher’s from Pa. to San Diego for the winter. That 3000 mile journey each way is a lot of road and possible road hazards. Having both the tire plan and Onstar makes the journey a little less worrisome.

Comment

Good info, What were some other options they offered?

Comment

Great advice WillRockwell . I will certainly take that option. Last saturday I gawked a White C8 on GSP south for 30 minutes driving around it from all sides just to admire the beauty. Hope it wasn't you 😊
        First time Corvette owner. Torch Red C8 HTC, and yeah with Lambo doors 😊

Comment

That is a good idea. I got the stay off the Jersey Highway Plan, so far it is working, no nails.

Comment

Originally posted by jmickfly View Post
            Good info, What were some other options they offered?
            I passed on the extended warranty and OnStar security plan, but when the sales manager laid this out, I couldnt refuse. 10secondCar, my 1LT is red, with a tag that reads C8VETTE.

Comment

Just sayin I was able to get that for 550.I never did use it.

Comment

It's actually perfectly fine to plug runflats, as long as the hole isn't too close to the sidewall. Just like any other tire. Michelin even says so.
                SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
                >36,000 miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

I had a tire on my 2010 ZR-1 plugged at just under 500 miles-kept the car over 10 years-sold it recently to buy a C8-the mileage was just over 16,500 with the original tires. Of course I did not track it (obviously) or drive in high numbers (well, maybe a few times).

Comment

When I think about the money I put into tires for my Lexus over the past 5 years, and the damage to the wheels from Belgian block curbs, I decided happily to pay upfront and let someone else cover the damage in the future.

Comment

I actually am one of the guys that builds those programs for dealers. That CNA plan is an excellent one.

If its something guys on the forum is interested in let me know what your considering and for how much and I can point you in a direction.

Comment

Outlanes - I would be interested in knowing what my options are.

I live in a "new-home" area with a lot of construction nails and I have at least one 'unfixable" puncture a year.
                        and
                        There are high curbs all over the place, so 'curb rash" is also a problem. Discount Tire charges $130.00 to have a wheel refinished
                        and they look like new, but only if they are not bent.

I need all 3 - bad puncture - curb rash - bent rims [hopefully that will not be a problem!!!]

I know I will need one or more of those in a 5 year window.

Comment

Originally posted by STEVEC8 View Post
                          Outlanes - I would be interested in knowing what my options are.

I live in a "new-home" area with a lot of construction nails and I have at least one 'unfixable" puncture a year.
                          and
                          There are high curbs all over the place, so 'curb rash" is also a problem. Discount Tire charges $130.00 to have a wheel refinished
                          and they look like new, but only if they are not bent.

I need all 3 - bad puncture - curb rash - bent rims [hopefully that will not be a problem!!!]

I know I will need one or more of those in a 5 year window.
                          I know this is all covered, if they can't refinish a wheel, you get a new one. I suspect this may only cover Chevy rims.

Comment

I already made a claim on my 2016 Corvette rear tire as it picked up a 3' nail. No problem when I switched from the Summer-Time tire to All-Season tires just sent them the itemized bill and they updated them on my account. Best investment other than the extended warranty when buying the car. have plans to get both when I pick up my C8.
                            J Balmer, Pemberton, NJ Medford Lakes Corvette Club Member
                            "3LT Zeus Bronze, Natural Dipped, NNP, E60, ZZ3 Engine Package, 5ZZ , 719, J6A Black calipers, DUB Sterling Silver Racing Stripe, BV4,"

Comment

When I was offered that plan I told them I was planning to get aftermarket wheels. He said, no problem, they will be covered too!
                              Black over Sky Cool Gray.....2LT.....Z51.....FE4.....E60.....

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X