Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 4 < >

Corvette Today With Bloomington Gold’s Guy Larsen

On this CORVETTE TODAY podcast, Steve Garrett sits down with Bloomington Gold owner and president Guy Larsen to talk about what happens at a Bloomington Gold event.  Find out why it's so much fun to attend! https://anchor.fm/steve-garrett/epis...-Larsen-emm7ua
You'll learn how to get your car judged and certified at Bloomington Gold, Find out what there is to do at this huge Corvette event. And, if you would like to become a judge for Bloomington Gold, you'll hear about that process too.  You don't have to have your Corvette judged at Bloomington Gold to have fun at this event.
Put this Corvette show on your calendar for 2021-find out why by listening to this episode of CORVETTE TODAY.
2 of 4 < >

Welcome To C8Grill Our New Featured Vendor

We are glad to have a wonderful new vendor @ https://c8grills.com/. If you met up with at their place, free installation. And still a secret, sssh, but they are working on another new product that I believe many of you would want coming out fairly soon. WELCOME C8GRILL!
3 of 4 < >

We have started a monthly PHOTO OF THE MONTH CONTEST WITH PRIZE MONEY!

4 of 4 < >

Official C8 Owners Manual, Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

See more
See less

Early problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Early problems

Sorry to be reporting this but on day 2 my main display screen failed to boot. So no speed, tach, etc. No HUD either. Infotainment screen was fine. Car drove OK but my speed was a mystery.

Back to the dealer who did a "global reset" and reports it working. Took about 15 mins.

Then we noticed a bad squeal from a front brake. So they held it to check out.

Other than that, it's been fine, with me gradually getting everything set up.
    2020 C8 Corvette.D.O.B 2/03/2020
    Shadow Grey Metallic on Black
    2LT, Z51 + MRC
    Spectra Grey Tridents
    Carbon flash mirrors and spoiler

I'm a Rat and so is my car! (a reference to the Chinese astrological calendar).

If you get a chance, find out if the owner can do the reset themselves without having to go to the dealer.
    Deposit w/Criswell - June 18 2020, for 2021 HTC Z51 2LT Red Mist Tintcoat/2-Tone,Sky Cool Grey w/Front Lift, Mag Ride & R8C Delivery

Current 1999 Magnetic Red C5 Z51

Comment

My tech said that my screen went black on him. He said turning the car off and back on reset it. I haven’t seen that problem yet myself.
      Black over Sky Cool Gray.....2LT.....Z51.....FE4.....E60.....

Comment

For the brake squeal, could be they went with aggressive pads. Is there a lot of brake dust coming out? My '11 GrandSport squealed like crazy from the pads they used the second they got the slightest amount of brake dust buildup. Ceramic pads were quieter and cleaner, though much less suited for track-use.

Comment

Sorry to hear that, but glad you let us know. I had 4 screens replaced in my Cadillac ATS Cue System before the vehicle hit 15K miles. That was the biggest downfall of that car as many many people had the same problem. Let's all hope it's only a connection problem or secluded circuit board issue.
          Rocket City Florida

Comment

Originally posted by Bikerjulio View Post
            So no speed, tach, etc. No HUD either. Car drove OK but my speed was a mystery.
            So that's what you told the police officer when he pulled you over, right?

Anyway, thanks for starting up this thread. It'll will be good keep track of issues that may affect early cars.

Comment

Originally posted by Meldoon View Post
              My tech said that my screen went black on him. He said turning the car off and back on reset it. I haven’t seen that problem yet myself.
              I'd already had the car on and off several times, to see if it would correct itself. OnStar was no help.

Mech said no error codes, in technical terms it suffered a brain [email protected] So, mildly worrying. Esp if it happens again.

Said there was nothing I could have done.

The only thing I'd done just before this was to install the SD card (to GM spec) and set up the PVR, which all went well. Hard to think that would cause the problem. Then shut down, gone for lunch, and on my return - no screen.

Last edited by Bikerjulio; 03-13-2020, 05:48 PM.
              2LT, Z51 + MRC
              Spectra Grey Tridents

Comment

Did you Burnish your Brakes like you were supposed to do? If you drove it gingerly they are going to squeal a little bit especially in cold climates. Here is the procedure you should have done. https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...-brakes-rotors
                Rocket City Florida

Comment

Brakes were checked out. No problem found and squeal gone. So, a minor mystery. I'll give the thread a read.
                  2LT, Z51 + MRC
                  Spectra Grey Tridents

Comment

And another thing.

I think the rear camera "mirror" is a brilliant solution to the problem, but I've already noticed a couple of issues.

Firstly, in sunshine the camera was picking up so much reflection from the window, it was unuseable. On a dull, cloudy day it's fine.

The other thing is WRT my vision (and a lot of other peoples of a certain age). My distance vision is still excellent, much better than 20:20. For reading I use cheap 1.5 D reading glasses. So fairly weak, and pretty standard for someone my age to need a little help reading.

Now with a regular rear view mirror, my eyes don't need to refocus between the road ahead and the view behind, but with the "mirror" screen they do, since it's only about 2 1/2 feet away. So, while I can use the camera mirror, it's not quite as sharp to me as I'd like. And it's not like bifocals are going to help here since the mirror is a little above the normal line of sight.

So, it's possible that this is one bit of tech, that nice in theory, I won't be comfortable using.
                    2LT, Z51 + MRC
                    Spectra Grey Tridents

Comment

Thanks for the insights.....good bad or ugly its important to report to us so none of us are feeling special should these occur for the rest of us.

thank you for your due diligence

Comment

Originally posted by Bikerjulio View Post

I'd already had the car on and off several times, to see if it would correct itself. OnStar was no help.

Mech said no error codes, in technical terms it suffered a brain [email protected] So, mildly worrying. Esp if it happens again.

Said there was nothing I could have done.

The only thing I'd done just before this was to install the SD card (to GM spec) and set up the PVR, which all went well. Hard to think that would cause the problem. Then shut down, gone for lunch, and on my return - no screen.
                        Had this happen on my new C7
                        Service manager said on phone to disconnect battery for at least 30 seconds.
                        It worked, screen came back
                        Cape Cod Taxachusetts

3LT GDO/AYM Coupe. Z51, Mag Shocks, Yellow Calipers. Black Interior, Black Suede Seats, Yellow Stitching. Yellow Seat Belts.
                        Illuminated Sills. Front and Rear Splash Guards. Chrome Wheel Locks,
                        Home 08/10/20

Comment

Originally posted by USCANAM View Post

Had this happen on my new C7
                          Service manager said on phone to disconnect battery for at least 30 seconds.
                          It worked, screen came back
                          Yes, heard the same except with not the certainty that it would have been OK on the C8.

And what if it was me that screwed up my car on day 2
                          2LT, Z51 + MRC
                          Spectra Grey Tridents

Comment

Re-booting a computer system is tried and true to fix many computer issues. I have never heard it damaging a car. If this were to happen to me on the road, I would turn off the ignition, wait three minutes and re-start the car.

I am sure not saying it will fix every problem, but it fixes many.
                            GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Daddy Pig fixes a computer. I am sure he could also fix a C8 display

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X