MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Official C8 Owners Manual, Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

See more
See less

GM’s Textured “STI” Aero Option Now Available At Discount From GM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GM’s Textured “STI” Aero Option Now Available At Discount From GM

To put option STI into full perspective, there are three rockers that GM offers for the C8. First, here’s a quick picture of the textured STI rocker material.

Click image for larger version

Name:	A7BC436F-49FD-47D7-90F0-A3D9E3D585BB.jpeg
Views:	1517
Size:	348.9 KB
ID:	98698

To learn the full picture of C8 rocker options, we thank Jeremy Welborn for his earlier thread — for it expertly outlines all three C8 rocker options. We thank Harlan for sharing this exact information.

https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...u-need-to-know

Option STI a LPO option. However through the end of this year GM has an incredible offer.

Name:	5AC7CA33-3191-4F34-845D-3DE7E6A653D1.jpeg
Views:	523
Size:	166.1 KB
ID:	98705

We thank “CSEVEN” for buying, and as per below already receiving this option from GM, not only his comments but also his pictures to help us understand what it is.

Originally posted by CSEVEN
    I had a chance today to un-box LPO STI side moldings, purchased from the GM accessory website. At 25% off and free shipping to my local dealer. The quality of the product is far superior than the C7 stuff and I’m really digging the texture on the product. The install looks straight forward, template, drill, rivet and 3m tape.

Name:	61E262E5-1ABC-4DB6-8051-D0D238ED2A64.jpeg
Views:	515
Size:	108.8 KB
ID:	98701Click image for larger version

Name:	4E635DF5-415D-4C9B-B497-BBBB150A3B8A.jpeg
Views:	518
Size:	153.3 KB
ID:	98702Click image for larger version

Name:	BF089359-5151-424A-93BD-DFFFC164202E.jpeg
Views:	517
Size:	220.0 KB
ID:	98703Click image for larger version

Name:	3B4A3842-805F-406B-A431-CCE3AD1C3AB9.jpeg
Views:	522
Size:	348.9 KB
ID:	98704

The non-carbon fiber C8 splitter is a three piece item. Like the rocker pictures above in close up, it truly is also a patterned, textured composite plastic. We thank this picture from C8Jake.

Name:	E731DB85-3087-4B5F-A9A8-5145445B9A69.jpeg
Views:	517
Size:	39.8 KB
ID:	98700

As to the incredible GM Accessories sale going on right now, regrettably, besides this one option, all all of the rest of the C8’s LPO options are not yet available now.

If option STI appeals to you, here you are:

Name:	CB9CA3B9-E2E7-492B-9BDC-506A94527887.jpeg
Views:	504
Size:	465.5 KB
ID:	98699
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards. Separately getting from my dealer RCC Edge Red engine cover, 5JR vis CF mirror caps, and VJR illuminated sill plates.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum.

Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

This texture is not personally appealing. How will it be to clean? I can get the smooth glossy body painted one from the factory for free.

Name:	96FB2E73-61DB-47F0-B3EA-3334BF3AB8AB.jpeg
Views:	541
Size:	277.3 KB
ID:	98710

Last edited by C8Driving; 12-29-2019, 02:03 AM.

Comment

I prefer the Carbon Fiber , looks great to me

Comment

Yea I was all about the black rocker when I thought it was a full solid piece installed in BG. Hearing it is just a little part covering up the painted piece I'm kind of bummed. It's the smooth glossy body painted part for me too. I guess I can always do the STI part later if I get any clips on the painted rocker.
        Current Vette: 2015 Stingray - Past Vettes: 1970,80,87,92,94,97, & 2000

Comment

For me, it's one confusion after another. I've been under the impression that STI, Rocker Panel Extensions, only included the covers for the rockers
          , and it is shown this way in the configurator. Yet what is pictured above includes the front splitter. Will the truth please make itself known?
          C8 Coupe, Zeus Bronze, 3LT, TU7, HUE, GUI, CF7, EFY, EYK, J6N, NPP, E60, STI, VQK

Comment

STI includes only the rockers. The entry and standard on the Z51 splitter is how made of the same material and also has a textured pattern to it.
            GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards. Separately getting from my dealer RCC Edge Red engine cover, 5JR vis CF mirror caps, and VJR illuminated sill plates.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum.

Comment

Originally posted by Rapid Ed View Post
              Yea I was all about the black rocker when I thought it was a full solid piece installed in BG. Hearing it is just a little part covering up the painted piece I'm kind of bummed. It's the smooth glossy body painted part for me too. I guess I can always do the STI part later if I get any clips on the painted rocker.
              We are going to have gorgeous rocker and splitter and spoiler options from ACS Composite! For those who have a touch of patience, waiting for them is a very smart option.

During the interim, I know of a couple who are going to have PPF placed on the factory rocker for protection when the front of their car is wrapped. It’s bottom side is going to be hammered for those who chose no splash guards.

Comment

Hello John, I see you are ordering 5VM and I have included them in my order as well. Was wondering if the VQK Splash Guards would look cheesy with the Vis Carbon Fiber? Do you feel there may be some CF Guards available from the aftermarket? Thanks
                Rocket City Florida

Comment

If it were smooth flat black, so it just disappeared, I might be interested. Even carbon flash, maybe. But this? Not even slightly interested. I might consider having the stock painted rockers wrapped in black vinyl.
                  SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
                  >36,000 miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

I like that idea of wrapping the standard rocker in either black, OR a friend (forum member) who lives in Parkland, FL who is getting his C8 roof, his rockers and probably his high wing wrapped in carbon fiber vinyl. I saw their CF vinyl wrap on his C7, and it was truly factory looking, not just exquisite but also I felt very inexpensive.

Comment

The closeup picture of the texture looks real similar to my 2010 Equinox trim, splash guards and lower rocker pieces. They offer good protection from road debris, but they are hard to clean when they get wax or red mud on them. I think there may be a special cleaner available but I haven't tried it.

Name:	20191229-Equinox.jpg
Views:	326
Size:	3.14 MB
ID:	98804
                      Attached Files
                      1LT with Torch Red exterior and Black interior is now on order.
                      Splash Guards and Cargo Nets From Wildhammer Motorsports already here.

Comment

Thanks 2020Colorado. Some sort of perfect-texture bristles would help but also not scar the plastic. Ah, to find that brush.

Comment

Just placed my order for f & r splash guards, rocker extensions, roof panel storage bag, and rear fascia protector. Thanks for the "heads up."

Comment

What’s the website for ordering GM parts please? When I go to GM site there is no option for 2020 corvette.
                            thanks
                            Mesa, AZ.
                            AYM, 3LT, Z51, 5VM, 5ZC, FE4, RCC

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X