Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 4 < >

Corvette Today’s News That “Corvette Fever” Returns

Corvette Fever magazine has not been published for a while. But Alan Colvin, a walking encyclopedia of GM cars as well as Corvette, has purchased the rights to Corvette Fever and has revived this publication! https://anchor.fm/steve-garrett/epis...-Colvin-euvkq2. Your CORVETTE TODAY host, Steve Garrett, visits with Alan to talk about the books he's written on Corvette and other GM products, his history with the old Corvette Fever magazine and how he plans to revive the publication. Plus, listen to this podcast and register to win one of 3-two year subscriptions to Corvette Fever that we're giving away exclusively on this episode! Listen to this CORVETTE TODAY podcast and win a subscription to Corvette Fever magazine!!!
2 of 4 < >

SGTMAJ USMC AUTO & TOY HAULER Joins MECF As A Featured Forum Vendor.

Welcome to SGTMAJ USMC USMC AUTO & TOY HAULER! We are so happy to have you now join us as a MECF Featured Forum Vendor. We can not wait to help your new business grow. We know you will provide a great transport service to our members and others!
3 of 4 < >

Z06 Potential Patents

As we get ready for the Z06’s debut sometime in the next year, IMO time to brush up on the 23 GM C8 patents — many of which are Z06 potentials: https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...alized-patents
See more
See less

ME C8 Trunk space

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ME C8 Trunk space

Really like how much luggage space the C7 has. Use mine for work and I'll still be working when the MEC is on sale. Past experience with ME cars is that there's not much there. Has anyone heard anything? If they're able to draw enough cool air through the side scoops and keep the 'frunk' size reasonable, that would be a real plus.
    Last edited by John; 12-15-2018, 11:25 PM.

That's something there's been a fair bit of conversation about. Some mid-engine cars have pretty substantial frunks (front trunk), some barely room for a dopp kit. Some have (limited) additional storage behind the seats. And there are at least a few that have a small trunk behind the engine, above the transaxle. But that's not a place you'd want to put your frozen vegetables and ice cream on the way home from the grocery.

I recall reading somewhere online where a GM exec said trunk space would not be an issue on a (hypothetical) mid-engine Corvette, but we'll have to wait and see.
    Current C7:SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Status 3300, TWP 5/??: 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, FE2, NPP Nickname TBD

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Meyerweb, can you please call GM and ask them to move up the reveal?
      GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

I watched an interview with Tadge (either at the L.A. or Detroit Auto Show) where that very subject was addressed. I was 20 feet away and was eavesdropping, so I couldn't hear very well. Tadge brought up the problem with golf clubs in a ME. I couldn't hear exactly what he said, but I got the feeling that he wouldn't have brought it up if it were a problem. I know I wouldn't, and took that as a very good sign.

Comment

When did conversation occur please LoyalSince72?
          GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Trunk space will in my opinion have a profound effect on the success of the C8. Much of the 911's popularity is arguably due to it being a 2+2 with a frunk, making it the most practical super-track-car on the market. I mean, I know guys who track their 911s one day and the next day they strap a baby seat in the back go grocery shopping.

Thus if the C8 has space behind the seats combined with both frunk and trunk space, for total storage that greater than in the C7, then forget about performance because the packaging will be its most revolutionary aspect. If Juechter's team can pull this off then I'll bet some folks over in Stuttgart won't be sleeping so well!

Comment

^^^
              But, but, golf clubs!!!
              Current C7:SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Status 3300, TWP 5/??: 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, FE2, NPP Nickname TBD

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Comment

GM is going to reveal at the same location and time, the ME and also transformer golf clubs, ones that fit into a small dufffel bag that stores in the frunk, yet transform into a full-sized, fully-functional set of clubs when wanted.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
                  GM is going to reveal at the same location and time, the ME and also transformer golf clubs, ones that fit into a small dufffel bag that stores in the frunk, yet transform into a full-sized, fully-functional set of clubs when wanted.
                  Callaway brand clubs, of course!

Comment

Would be nice if they give trunk space with the long tail look of the NSX 1.0
                    Supercharged (Twin Screw) NSX
                    Supercharged (Roots) GTO
                    Supercharged (Centrifugal) S-10
                    PRHT Club Sport MX-5

SOLD: 1993 RX-7

Comment

Bob Lutz said twice, the last time three weeks ago, that the mid engine Corvete has solved the luggage space issue. We shall see exactly what he meant by that at the reveal.

Comment

Bob Lutz said twice, the last time three weeks ago, that the mid engine Corvete has solved the luggage space issue. We shall see exactly what he meant by that at the reveal.
                        They've borrowed the "technology" of Hermione Gringold's "undetectable extension charm" (from Harry Potter) to give the ME unlimited storage capacity. You'll be able to carry your other car in there as a spare, just in case you break down.

Comment

Funny in jest, but in reality, the famous last words will come and visit you, e.g., “you will see.”

You will be happy with what you actually see.

Comment

Funny in jest, but in reality, the famous last words will come and visit you, e.g., “you will see.”

You will be happy with what you actually see.
                            Pretty sure there won't be room for another car, though. Maybe a motorized scooter.

Comment

How about one of those 1/12 Corvette models that some folks bring to a Corvette show, a model that is a miniature of their car?

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X