MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Official C8 Owners Manual, Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

See more
See less

First road trip in your C8...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I plan a trip from my home in Winnipeg to Chicago then back to Winnipeg by way of the black hills and Mount Rushmore in South Dakota.

Comment

Ordering HTC. Will pick it up in Albuquerque NM, and take a 400 mile road trip back to Scottsdale. Maybe take Devil's highway detour.! Very fun and challenging drive.
      C8 HTC Long Beach Red, 2LT, Body Color moldings, nacelles and roof. Natural Interior. Base Wheels, Will powder coat Black. Edge Red Calipers

Comment

Probably just a day trip from Boise to Sun Valley, have lunch, then up to Stanley and back to Boise. It should be a nice drive. I have made it several times my 2000 'Vette and Superformance Cobra. I hope to receive my C8 this summer.

Comment

Originally posted by CSTEERS1 View Post
          Ordering HTC. Will pick it up in Albuquerque NM, and take a 400 mile road trip back to Scottsdale. Maybe take Devil's highway detour.! Very fun and challenging drive.
          Is that 191? I've always wanted to hit that one but have never been able to get the free time to do it.

Comment

Well I believe I've decided what my road trip will be...

I'll be picking up my C8 at the NCM in early March. I'll have the front end covered in Xpel by Auto Armor at their new, soon to open location at the motorsports park. They say it will take only a day or two.

I'd been planning an east coast trip to visit old friends and family across Delaware, Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Connecticut. I thought it was going to be difficult to schedule due to flights, people's availability, and a massive car rental bill. So instead, I'll turn this into a road trip in my brand new Sebring Orange Corvette. I'll be alone, but I think it will be therapeutic, plus this way I'll get to show it off to friends and family that otherwise would never have a chance to see it.

Going old school - not worrying about where I'll stay or how long the trip will take. Just going to wing it. To get all the way back home to Utah it will probably end up being as much as a three week trip.

Comment

Originally posted by VicH View Post
              Well I believe I've decided what my road trip will be...

I'll be picking up my C8 at the NCM in early March. I'll have the front end covered in Xpel by Auto Armor at their new, soon to open location at the motorsports park. They say it will take only a day or two.

I'd been planning an east coast trip to visit old friends and family across Delaware, Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Connecticut. I thought it was going to be difficult to schedule due to flights, people's availability, and a massive car rental bill. So instead, I'll turn this into a road trip in my brand new Sebring Orange Corvette. I'll be alone, but I think it will be therapeutic, plus this way I'll get to show it off to friends and family that otherwise would never have a chance to see it.

Going old school - not worrying about where I'll stay or how long the trip will take. Just going to wing it. To get all the way back home to Utah it will probably end up being as much as a three week trip.
              Been thinking about this trip and looking at average temperatures in March and the fact I might want to go north of Toronto as part of it. So... I'm considering something crazy: Asking if I can push my TPW back from the week of 2/3 so that I actually take delivery at the end of March or very early April.

Comment

Been thinking about this trip and looking at average temperatures in March and the fact I might want to go north of Toronto as part of it. So... I'm considering something crazy: Asking if I can push my TPW back from the week of 2/3 so that I actually take delivery at the end of March or very early April.
                Hi VicH - We are also taking Museum Delivery, and we had the same concerns about the weather and driving back to NH. I contacted Shane at NCM who is in charge of the delivery program, and asked him about the time frame variables for delivery. His response came during the strike, so consider that when he mentions ordering and delivery cycles. The important thing is, there is some flexibility in when you can pick it up. His response is below:

"Based on the timeline we've been hearing, ordering in December/January would allow for a March/April production. Typically, your first available date for Museum delivery is two weeks from the day your car comes off the production line or any reasonable time after that (1-2 additional weeks) based on your availability. We like to get customers in for delivery within 30 days of production."

He says - "We like to get customers in for delivery within 30 days of production". That sounds like they are flexible depending on customer's availability. So, I suggest you contact Shane and give him your concerns and your delay in pic-up may work out.

Your trip home sounds like a very memorable one!
                The twisty back roads of NH's Monadnock Region surrounding my hometown wait patiently for our Torch Red HTC, Z51 & MRC equipped (to smooth out the leftover Frost Heaves), to come cruising after a Springtime Museum Delivery. A 55 year dream come true.

Comment

Originally posted by Vairworks View Post

Hi VicH - We are also taking Museum Delivery, and we had the same concerns about the weather and driving back to NH. I contacted Shane at NCM who is in charge of the delivery program, and asked him about the time frame variables for delivery. His response came during the strike, so consider that when he mentions ordering and delivery cycles. The important thing is, there is some flexibility in when you can pick it up. His response is below:

"Based on the timeline we've been hearing, ordering in December/January would allow for a March/April production. Typically, your first available date for Museum delivery is two weeks from the day your car comes off the production line or any reasonable time after that (1-2 additional weeks) based on your availability. We like to get customers in for delivery within 30 days of production."

He says - "We like to get customers in for delivery within 30 days of production". That sounds like they are flexible depending on customer's availability. So, I suggest you contact Shane and give him your concerns and your delay in pic-up may work out.

Your trip home sounds like a very memorable one!
                  Yeah, thanks, I've been emailing Shane as well. He said there will likely be a four week hold but they do like to get customers' cars out as soon as reasonably possible. He offered up the idea of going to a local tire place that has worked with them in the past and either trying to trade or just buy the "regular" tires. I could always ship the Z51 tires home. My only concern at this point would be snowstorms.

Comment

Yeah, thanks, I've been emailing Shane as well. He said there will likely be a four week hold but they do like to get customers' cars out as soon as reasonably possible. He offered up the idea of going to a local tire place that has worked with them in the past and either trying to trade or just buy the "regular" tires. I could always ship the Z51 tires home. My only concern at this point would be snowstorms.
                    I agree VicH, I am very surprised you couldn’t just check a box to get all seasons and not the HP tires with the Z51 package. My guess is this is changed for 2021.
                    Vette's owned: 99 Sebring Silver Convert - 10yrs, 2008 Crystal Red Convert,w/cam, longtubes and Vortech supercharger. C8 ordered from Kerbeck, VIN 0000336 at status 4000, built on 2/10/20 (on QCH HOLD) C8 Spec: Torch Red 2LT, Z51, FE4, E60, CF7, FA5, AH2, HUL, J6E, TU7, 3F9, Q8P, 5ZU, R8C

Comment

I've been emailing Shane - He offered up the idea of going to a local tire place that has worked with them in the past and either trying to trade or just buy the "regular" tires.
                      Hi VicH, did Shane give you the name of the tire dealer that they worked with? I may be interested to find out if they would take the brand new Z51 summer tires right from the Museum in trade for the all-season tires. This would be the best time to trade before the long journey home.
                      The twisty back roads of NH's Monadnock Region surrounding my hometown wait patiently for our Torch Red HTC, Z51 & MRC equipped (to smooth out the leftover Frost Heaves), to come cruising after a Springtime Museum Delivery. A 55 year dream come true.

Comment

Hi VicH, did Shane give you the name of the tire dealer that they worked with? I may be interested to find out if they would take the brand new Z51 summer tires right from the Museum in trade for the all-season tires. This would be the best time to trade before the long journey home.
                        "You might be able to coordinate the purchase and swap of the A/S Michelin Tire with Campbell Chevrolet in Bowling Green following delivery. You would then have the inconvenience of shipping the original set of tires home though."

Comment

How many deliveries per day does the museum typically make? Maybe you can get lucky and swap with someone who will be there at the same time looking for the summer tires.
                          Atomic Orange C6. Plenty of engine and suspension mods.

C8 HTC with Z51 FE4 coming fall 2020.

Comment

Does anyone know how much xpel will cost from museum delivery?

Comment

"You might be able to coordinate the purchase and swap of the A/S Michelin Tire with Campbell Chevrolet in Bowling Green following delivery. You would then have the inconvenience of shipping the original set of tires home though."
                              Well I've been looking at March 2019 temps in a few of the cities I plan to hit on my trip and based on that it's looking like I'll be swapping out my Z51 tires for all-season, yep. Bit of a pain in the rear, but it is what it is. Would prefer not to have to drop another $1,200+ and figure out how to ship my Z51 tires home...

Comment

St. Louis, Missouri to Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin for the Road America WeatherTech race weekend in August 2020. Great fun at a great venue. Go Corvette Racing !!!

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X