MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Official C8 Owners Manual, Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

See more
See less

TPWs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nobody knows how many weeks of production will be held for Quality control ? Could be 2,3,4 or 5. Nobody knows the pace of production during these weeks. It’s all up in the air and any guesses are just that. The wait is getting a bit much because of the strike. Forecasting delivery is anybody guess. It’s just all frustrating at this point in time.
    Last edited by MikeC8; 12-21-2019, 10:21 AM.
    RED ,C8. 2LT Z51.black wheels and trim. .... Order status 3400 TPW 3/2.....VIN. 1906.

Comment

Originally posted by WillRockwell View Post
      How can someone have a TPW the first week of production? Are they really getting one of the first dozen cars off the line?
      Why wouldn't they? They are already making 500 test mules which should be done sometime in January presumably.
      Murray - Uxbridge, Ontario, Canada
      Torch red coupe, Adrenaline red 2LT Q8Q E60 NPP

Comment

Originally posted by Murray20c8 View Post

Why wouldn't they? They are already making 500 test mules which should be done sometime in January presumably.
        Are any of these 500 test mules going to be held in Quality hold ? These will eventually be sold at auction to the public.
        RED ,C8. 2LT Z51.black wheels and trim. .... Order status 3400 TPW 3/2.....VIN. 1906.

Comment

I called them test mules. There is a more accurate term for them. One of those acronyms I can never remember. lol. Some of them will go to Spring hill for the vette experience and some go to the museum I think, etc. So they will be out and about, but under scrutiny of GM I'm sure. I'm sure GM wants to be 100% ready for production Feb 3 but "just in case" they find issues they will want to hold the customer cars to make sure. If there is an issue with the test cars they will need to time to fix it before they let the customer cars wander off.
          Murray - Uxbridge, Ontario, Canada
          Torch red coupe, Adrenaline red 2LT Q8Q E60 NPP

Comment

Believe they are also testing the quality of the parts suppliers during the Quality Hold as both GM assembly and the suppliers meet production quantity and quality demands.

if I remember correctly, they found lubrication problems in the differentials during early builds of C7s. Also, a bunch of early C7s were sent offsite for retrofit work.

it’s always better to find and analyze the issues before they are shipped to dealers.

Comment

Kerbeck updated their page again today. I was hoping to see a change from code 3000 but that's where the orders still sit.

Comment

Originally posted by VicH View Post
                Kerbeck updated their page again today. I was hoping to see a change from code 3000 but that's where the orders still sit.
                Newly assigned 3000 status code December orders will probably receive TPW either on Monday or Tuesday.
                GD0 Accelerate Yellow Metallic; 3LT; HUE Natural Napa Leather; AE4 Competition Sport Seats; FA5 CF Interior Trim; Z51; FE4 Mag Ride Suspension; E60 Front Lift; Q8Q CF Open Spoke Wheels; J6F BR Brembo Calipers; RCC ER Intake Cover; DTH CF Racing Stripes; ZZ3 Engine App Package; VQK Splash Guards; ERI Battery Protection; R8C Museum Delivery

Proud LTM NCM.

Comment

WOW Kerbeck is rockin' and rollin' with over 200 cars decent status' (it's good to be the King). Man someone loaded up a $102,405, that's a lot of boxes checked. Looks like their avg car totals out to $79,927 so GM has got to love that as I expect most large Dealers will be showing the same thing. I've been seeing other way smaller Dealers posting that many cars as well but most in 1000 status. Can a Dealer put in all their allocations at once even if they're only going to get 40 or so cars released a month?
                  Current Vette: 2015 Stingray - Past Vettes: 1970,80,87,92,94,97, & 2000

Comment

A dealer can enter all of his orders and they will hold at Status 1100.

Once the dealer has an allocated build slot, GM will accept the order and move it to Status 2000.

Comment

Just received this message from Mike Furman "Your 2020 Corvette factory order has a target production week of 3/23/20. Congrats!"

WELL ALRIGHT!!!

Comment

Congrats dolfanion, same TPW as mine!

Comment

I’m joining in on the “TPW on 3/23 club“

Comment

It appears that the last TPW for the December Consensus is 4/6/20 (including yours truly) based on Kerbeck's updated 01/06/20 listing. Some of the December Consensus seems to have been blended into some mid-March TPW's that previously came from the original September Consensus. Another MECF member has posted today from another TPW thread that he has a TPW of 04/13/20 which may mean that this is the last TPW date for the December Consensus.
                            Last edited by whl3; 01-06-2020, 01:26 PM. Reason: An announced TPW date beyond what Kerbeck posted.
                            GD0 Accelerate Yellow Metallic; 3LT; HUE Natural Napa Leather; AE4 Competition Sport Seats; FA5 CF Interior Trim; Z51; FE4 Mag Ride Suspension; E60 Front Lift; Q8Q CF Open Spoke Wheels; J6F BR Brembo Calipers; RCC ER Intake Cover; DTH CF Racing Stripes; ZZ3 Engine App Package; VQK Splash Guards; ERI Battery Protection; R8C Museum Delivery

Proud LTM NCM.

Comment

FYI Kerbeck updated their page again today.

Comment

Originally posted by dolfanlon View Post
                                Just received this message from Mike Furman "Your 2020 Corvette factory order has a target production week of 3/23/20. Congrats!"

WELL ALRIGHT!!!
                                After reading your post, I checked my email and saw this from Mike:

Your 2020 Corvette factory order has a target production week of 3/16/20. Congrats

P.S. - Not to rub it in, but I am a week ahead of you.
                                Upcoming Vette:
                                '20 Elkhart Lake Blue 2LT Coupe, Natural Interior, GT2 Two-Tone Seats, Performance Exhaust, Front Lift, Carbon Flash Wheels, Engine Appearance Package 2000 Status on December 27, 2019, 3000 Status on January 2, 2020, TPW of March 16, 2020

Current Vettes:
                                '68 Lemans Blue 327/350 Convertible
                                '91 Turquoise Convertible with Hardtop
                                '14 Lime Rock Green 2LT Convertible, Black Top, Kalahari, 7-Speed, Performance Exhaust

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X