MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

Corvette Today Podcast IS On Now With CorvetteBlogger and Steve Garrett

Steve Garrett and CorvetteBlogger Keith Cornett examine “Corvette Headlines & News” for mid-September 2020. https://anchor.fm/steve-garrett/epis...rftb Included in this episode are: The Corvette Visualizer for 2021 is now online; The National Corvette Museum raffles off the 1.75 millionth Corvette; Electric, all-wheel drive Corvette possibly coming out in 2023;Country Music star George Jones’ Corvette gets donated to the NCM;.....and more!Stay current on what's going on in the world of Corvette with this episode of CORVETTE TODAY!
2 of 3 < >

FOLLOW THIS FORUM RULE!

All shall follow this forum rule:

“11. Do not post URL links to any product or service that is offered by a forum vendor. Exception: If the product or service you wish to link is one that you know is not offered by a forum supporting vendor, you may post that link. Examples of the latter could include tools, common products like duct/electrical tape, motor oil, and/or providers of specialized upgrade, maintenance or repair services.”

You may use a non forum business name, posting such as, “I buy at Joe’s” but again may not post a link to nor a URL of Joe’s.
See more
See less

TPWs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TPWs

How far out are the TPWs for the earlier consensus?

Do we expect the December consensus to butt up to the earlier consensus or to be intermixed?

When will the December consensus builds get TPWs?

Originally posted by Classic-Chevy-Guy View Post

Do we expect the December consensus to butt up to the earlier consensus or to be intermixed?

According to Kerbeck's order listing, current TPW's go out to the second week in March.

I'm not knowledgeable enough on the other questions.
    2020 C8 Corvette
    Shadow Grey Metallic on Black
    2LT, Z51 + MRC
    Spectra Grey Tridents
    Carbon flash mirrors and spoiler

I'm a Rat and so is my car! (a reference to the Chinese astrological calendar).

Comment

Building on BikerJulio’s info, those going in officialally next Thursday will mainly butt up to the first round ones, but at the same time it would absolutely not be a surprise for some going in in six days to have TPW’s oft early March or perhaps even some with a Feb 24th TPW build. It all would depend on the exact combination of what is being ordered for a specific car, e.g., parts availability, factory assembly efficiency factors, and similar.

Also, lest we forget, with the estimated four week QCH, just as what happened to a fair degree with the C7 roll out, we could quite well see those going in next week actually be delivered before those that were picked up way backin September.

I would offer mine as a specific example of what could easily happen. My September 3000 status picked-up C8, now with a 2/24 TPW, will be in the initial QCH “huddle” in the BGA massive back parking lot after it is built. Could that four week quality control hold be three weeks or maybe even five? We do not know — nor definitively does GM know its length at this time.

When my car is finally authorities by GM to be shipped (officially released to Jack Cooper Transport or similar, that transporter company will have by contract up to tend days to start it on its journey. Mine will go with nine others on one transporter to the CSX rail yard in Toledo, OH, where it will collect other C8’s going west on a specific train that will end up in Portland, OR. Then it will again sit int the Portland terminal rail yard for several days until it gets put on a local transporter for a coordinated delivery of 6-10 C8’s heading south of Portland into the Willamette Valley for final dealer dispersal. I do not expect mind to arrive at my dealer until roughly April 10th.

Meanwhile, an order going in next Thursday with say a March 5 or 12 TPW, will escape the initial QCH, probably then down from a four to a two week hold, and if it is being delivered by a single transporter to the final dealer, could leave BGA around the end of March and even arrive at a dealer within say 750 miles of Bowling Green, arriving in very late March or early April.

Ladies and gentlemen, thus we see an example of how the actual delivery times for first batch versus second batch of C8’s is for many C8’s, one big crapshoot.

Just a reminder that as Yogi said, “it ain’t over until its over.”

GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 22 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

I heard from another dealer that perhaps the lot would be emptied filo or lifo depending on your glass being half full or half empty! lol.
        "filo = First In Last Out"
        Murray - Uxbridge, Ontario, Canada
        2020 Torch red Stingray coupe, Adrenaline red 2LT Q8Q E60 NPP
        Deposit: July 30/19, 1100: Sept 15/19, 3000: Feb 14/20, TPW WAS May 18, August 24 and lastly July 27,
        3300: July 15, 3400: July 22, 3800: July 30, 4200: Aug 06, 5000: Aug 7, 6000: Aug 12!

Comment

Thanks John. Any expectation on when the TPWs for the second batch will be assigned?

Comment

John, please explain the quality control hold. If all of the cars are sitting in the lot behind the factory, and no one is inspecting them, how is any quality control being done?
            Torch red 1LT, no options. Built June 4, received July 2

Comment

Thanks John. Any expectation on when the TPWs for the second batch will be assigned?
              Dealers have to have their orders in by Tuesday December 24th. I wouldn't hold my breath for a quick response from GM given the time of year.
              Deposit: July 30/19, 1100: Sept 15/19, 3000: Feb 14/20, TPW WAS May 18, August 24 and lastly July 27,
              3300: July 15, 3400: July 22, 3800: July 30, 4200: Aug 06, 5000: Aug 7, 6000: Aug 12!

Comment

Sounds like alot of early build cars sitting for extended periods. May see alot of dead/weak batteries. Maybe I'm glad my order is just going in next week.

For what it's worth, my concierge informed me that there could be up to an 8 week QC on early cars. But, who knows for sure.

Comment

FYI Kerbeck updated their page today. Existing orders are all still at 3000 but I see a bunch of new ones at code 2000 (Order Accepted by Chevrolet). I'm still on target for TPW 2/3/2020.

Comment

More than doubled also. There were 110 before and now 241. Hope that's a good omen for the future of production

Comment

My concierge just informed me that my order is in the system at 1100. She expects it to go to 2000 later today or tomorrow. She said, from there it could move within a couple of weeks to having a TPW. She thinks it could be around the 2nd week of March that it could be built (I will be in BG at that time doing the C8 Motorsports Park thing). She thought an early April delivery is a good bet. Who knows for sure, but that is at least some bit of information. QC hold may cause it to take longer.

Comment

Originally posted by VicH View Post
                        FYI Kerbeck updated their page today. Existing orders are all still at 3000 but I see a bunch of new ones at code 2000 (Order Accepted by Chevrolet). I'm still on target for TPW 2/3/2020.
                        I have the same TPW. Confirmed a couple of days ago. There's information up here in the frozen north that only 9 orders across the whole country from the September batch made it through to status 3000. So the first cars up here will be rare beasts.

In Canada, GM dealers have access to a national database of cars in stock and on order from every dealer in the country. Facilitates trading between dealers. So a side effect is that they can see every Corvette in the country at status 3000.
                        2020 C8 Corvette
                        Shadow Grey Metallic on Black
                        2LT, Z51 + MRC
                        Spectra Grey Tridents
                        Carbon flash mirrors and spoiler

I'm a Rat and so is my car! (a reference to the Chinese astrological calendar).

Comment

Given the current consensus has no constraints, If a dealer submits 50 allocated cars, does GM schedule the build sequence in the order submitted, or does GM schedule the 50 units based on the plant’s optimization.

Also, if two dealers have 50 units allocated for a consensus, how does GM decide which dealers orders are prioritized for builds.

Comment

How can someone have a TPW the first week of production? Are they really getting one of the first dozen cars off the line?
                            Torch red 1LT, no options. Built June 4, received July 2

Comment

Originally posted by WillRockwell View Post
                              How can someone have a TPW the first week of production? Are they really getting one of the first dozen cars off the line?
                              I've been hounding my Kerbeck sales guy for three years saying I wanted to be at the top of the list for the C8. He finally contacted me for a deposit in March of this year (or around there). Within one hour I had a wire transfer back to him for the deposit amount. He told me I'm number 15 on their list.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X