MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Official C8 Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

Coupe/HTC Build & Price: https://www.chevrolet.com/performanc...d-price/config
GM’s C8 Info Site: https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-v...ation-corvette
C8 Order Guide 1/17 Changes: https://www.gmfleetorderguide.com/NA...D=21905&type=0
Visualize Your C8:https://visualizer.chevrolet.com/ui?...US&channel=b2c
Also please look at our stickies in each of the four major C8 sections
2 of 2 < >

MECF TEMPORARY MAINTENANCE SHUT DOWN

STARTING 4:00 PM (PST), Monday, January 6th: Heads Up Please of Scheduled Maintenance!!!! Unlike past notices when our software company said MECF would be shut down less than one hour, they have said that our forum COULD have a two hour shut down. Thank you very much for your understanding.
See more
See less

All season tires on the Z51 package

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All season tires on the Z51 package

I cant understand why it is not an option to have the all-season tires with the Z51 package for me the car as a daily driver is a big miss for an additional $1000 in tires

I agree 100% stryker. It should be an option. For me this past weekend, I had my C4 with all season tires out as well as my Z51 C7. It was in the 30's to low 40's and while I did not have any problems with the C7, the C4 has so much more grip on the road as advertised with all seasons that it really should be an option on the C8. Those that track it will probably have a separate set of tires for the track anyway.

Comment

Year round driver in Ontario here, totally agreeing. I don't understand GM on this one. It does not require any more stock or logistical complication that I can see.
      2020 C8 Corvette ....... TPW 2/03/20..........still!!
      Shadow Grey Metallic on Black
      2LT, Z51 + MRC
      Spectra Grey Tridents
      Carbon flash mirrors and spoiler

I'm a Rat and so is my car!

Comment

Go see a Michelin dealer near your Chevrolet dealer where you will pick up the car. When you get the car, arrange to go directly from the Chevrolet dealer to the Michelin dealer, and trade in the summer tires for all seasons.

Comment

Although my 2015 C7 Z51 is not a daily driver, I don't want to be intimidated by cold clear or damp days with roads that have no residual salt on them! When I went to Daytona last year for the Rolex 24 and leaving from Cincinnati, I bought a wheel and tire package from an on line supplier. The chosen tires were the new Michelin all season Pilot Sport A/S 3+ tires, which are the same tires mounted on the Standard C8. Besides being safer in temperatures of less than 45 degrees Fahrenheit, they are quieter than that S4S's (Summer Only High Performance) tires currently mounted on my OEM wheels and the Z51 C8's. I track occasionally at a motorsports club that I belong to. For the occasional track session these "1G" tires are phenomenal. In fact, the Michelin engineers at Daytona said last year that only the most experienced track junkie would be able to tell the difference in the High Performance S4S's and the new All Season tire! I like them so well that I just had a set mounted on my Honda Civic Sport daily driver. I agree that they should be optional at the time of ordering if you are ordering through the factory. I also agree with Millwatt Rob that any Michelin dealer would be glad to offer you a reasonable trade on a virtual "0" mile S4S tire.
          GD0 Accelerate Yellow Metallic; 3LT; HUE Natural Napa Leather; AE4 Competition Sport Seats; FA5 CF Interior Trim; Z51; FE4 Mag Ride Suspension; E60 Front Lift; Q8Q CF Open Spoke Wheels; J6F BR Brembo Calipers; DTH CF Racing Stripes; ZZ3 Engine App Package; VQK Splash Guards; ERI Battery Protection; R8C Museum Delivery

Comment

I am buying someone in the Pacific Northwest’s non-wanted OEM wheels when they buy aftermarket ones; will have the OEM’s powder coated a “black chrome” (as I did a set for my wife’s DD), then putting Michelin A/S 4’s on them, the tires that are standard on the entry car.

Having my cake and eating it too (but clearly at a significant cost).

BTW, power coating at my state’s best place is $350/complete set, and with P/C being about 8-10 times more rock chip resistant than paint, just what I am wanting for my winter tire set.
            GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; 5VM vis CF ground effects pkg; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards. Separately getting from my dealer RCC Edge Red engine cover, 5JR vis CF mirror caps, and VJR illuminated sill plates.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum.

Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Originally posted by Milliwatt Rob View Post
              Go see a Michelin dealer near your Chevrolet dealer where you will pick up the car. When you get the car, arrange to go directly from the Chevrolet dealer to the Michelin dealer, and trade in the summer tires for all seasons.
              Not much trade-in on used tires. This was the last straw in my deciding against Z51, along with the front spoiler reducing ground clearance enough to require a lift system.
              Torch red 1LT, no options

Comment

I will be buying a second set of wheels and having a set of the all season tires mounted on them. Not that I will be driving the car much in bad /cold/rainy weather but to keep the track tires as track only tires.

Comment

I don't drive a whole lot, but this is going to be my daily driver so neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will stay me from driving this marvel of Detroit engineering till the wheels fall off, hopefully, much later than sooner

Comment

Originally posted by WillRockwell View Post

Not much trade-in on used tires. This was the last straw in my deciding against Z51, along with the front spoiler reducing ground clearance enough to require a lift system.
                    Actually, not quite so...... on our '17 Grand Sport, I decided I wanted the A/S 3's that had JUST come out last Sept ( 2018) and ordered a set from Tire Rack. Cost delivered was about $1300. I had Criswell in Thurmont, MD ( as it's only 20 minutes from me) do the install and road force balance on my stock GS wheels. I posted my stock tires, with 7500 miles on them on a Vette forum and they sold in less than a day for $700 plus shipping cost. A track rat from Miami area wanted them for more track days. WIN - WIN...... it certainly helped with the overall cost of swapping tires out !!!

I will likely do the same thing again shortly after our Z51 arrives, assuming I can buy a set of the AS / 4 tires at Tire Rack or somewhere similar.

3LT Coupe, Z51 Torch Red with two toned Red/black interior. 5VM visible CF ground effects, Carbon Flash wheels, engine appearance package and Carbon Fiber interior trim. Mag Ride control. Red Calipers. VQK Splash Guards. Carbon flash mirrors and spoiler.

Comment

I'd much prefer the all-seasons on my Z51 order. I'm undecided between selling the summer tires on day 1 and or waiting until the fall when they have a bunch of miles on them.

Comment

Great decision by Chevy to have AS tires on the C8. I planned to get the "base" anyway and that just added to when it can be used. Assume there are good reasons AS tires aren't on the Z51. "Track package"?

Comment

One of the primary reasons I am not going Z51 is 2 sets of tires. Car will be one of 2 daily driven and I can't not drive a Corvette for months. Have 2 sets for my C7 and it has been a bit of a pain.

Comment

I plan to get a "base" model, but might pay for a set of take-off summer tires to use for and occasional track day.
                            SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
                            >36,000 miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Originally posted by Milliwatt Rob View Post
                              You might think Canadians are nice people. Until you try something like that. It would be like buying from a Scot and selling to a Welshman

(Helps if you understand the UK.)

(there are other colorful expressions I could use,but the censor....................)
                              2020 C8 Corvette ....... TPW 2/03/20..........still!!
                              Shadow Grey Metallic on Black
                              2LT, Z51 + MRC
                              Spectra Grey Tridents
                              Carbon flash mirrors and spoiler

I'm a Rat and so is my car!

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X