X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RoketRdr
    replied
    Originally posted by PaulChristian View Post
    I don’t think engine will be visible. It needs to be pretty if it is going to be visible and I don’t GM can afford to devote those dollars to this area as they try to maintain current pricing structure. Lots of assumptions I am making here, but that’s just my opinion.
    There's a lot of validity to that. The exotics put a lot of effort into having a nice looking engine to look at which costs additional money of course. I think you're right that GM won't focus on that aspect with the "base" car and especially the risk being taking making a low cost ME in the first place. Maybe they will make an effort with the HP car but certainly not this one. So the more we talk about this the more sense it would make that we WONT see an exposed engine at this point. I'll be getting a vert anyway so no chance in hades the engine will be exposed.

Leave a comment:

• PaulChristian
    replied
    I don’t think engine will be visible. It needs to be pretty if it is going to be visible and I don’t GM can afford to devote those dollars to this area as they try to maintain current pricing structure. Lots of assumptions I am making here, but that’s just my opinion.

Leave a comment:

• RoketRdr
    replied
    Originally posted by fvs View Post

There will no doubt be glass but may not have a visible engine... and I’m ok with that. And exposed and Jen would require higher degree of finishing And higher expense.

The 720 does not have an exposed engine because it is set very low which is better for performance. I have a feeling the c8 will be following suit With the slightly larger hatch this will allow more storage as well. In addition, the 570 GT has an opening at that allows access from the glass portion. I don’t see any evidence of this on the c8 as yet but you never know.

It seems that the rear hatch opens very similar to the C7. A very wide large opening from the rear quarter windows to the wing and fender to fender for access to storage and possibly a second level that will open for easy engine bay access.
    Yep...that is one of the things I'm most anxious about with the reveal. Are we getting exposed engine or not? Personally if they can create the storage space I would like then I'm willing to sacrifice being able to see the engine.

Leave a comment:

• PaulChristian
    replied
    Originally posted by fvs View Post

You will have your wish with the HTC.
    Just don’t be shocked...the rear glass is suspect at best.

Leave a comment:

• fvs
    replied
    Originally posted by NewYuriCity View Post
    Does anyone think the engine will be visible on the HTC? I know it’s highly unlikely, but it’s be awesome if we got something like the Ferrari F50 with the vertical rear glass and a window for the engine
    As per my other post, we may not get an exposed engine for the same reason the 720 does not have an exposed engine. It may be set so low and so far forward that exposing it is not possible but this will improve performance and allow more storage.

Leave a comment:

• fvs
    replied
    Originally posted by RoketRdr View Post

Right now they are blacked out so that the engine bay isn't revealed. Just like all the other ME's on the market there will definitely be glass there.
    There will no doubt be glass but may not have a visible engine... and I’m ok with that. And exposed and Jen would require higher degree of finishing And higher expense.

The 720 does not have an exposed engine because it is set very low which is better for performance. I have a feeling the c8 will be following suit With the slightly larger hatch this will allow more storage as well. In addition, the 570 GT has an opening at that allows access from the glass portion. I don’t see any evidence of this on the c8 as yet but you never know.

It seems that the rear hatch opens very similar to the C7. A very wide large opening from the rear quarter windows to the wing and fender to fender for access to storage and possibly a second level that will open for easy engine bay access.

Leave a comment:

• NewYuriCity
    replied
    Does anyone think the engine will be visible on the HTC? I know it’s highly unlikely, but it’s be awesome if we got something like the Ferrari F50 with the vertical rear glass and a window for the engine

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• fvs
    replied

I prefer it too. However, if executed correctly, horizontal glass could look great too, perhaps even MORE exotic.
    You will have your wish with the HTC.

Leave a comment:

• PaulChristian
    replied
    Originally posted by Corvette Shadow View Post
    I like the look of the sloping glass.
    I prefer it too. However, if executed correctly, horizontal glass could look great too, perhaps even MORE exotic.

Leave a comment:

• Shadow
    replied
    I like the look of the sloping glass.

Leave a comment:

• John
    replied
    BBA38166-354A-47DC-8746-D8F6798179EE.jpeg
    I am not so sure...I think it is bogus. They can still design a hatch that opens. You don’t need a sloping rear glass for that. I am calling C3 b-pillar/buttress styling on the C8 for both convertible AND coupe. ?
    Might not need a sloping rear glass re opening hatch reason, but sure need it for aero. Down the road, if one thinks of this post, please think of this picture as confirmation that the flying buttress styling has been integral in the design of mid engine HT ‘Vert for a long time. One it is the historical tie to past Corvette heritage (though previously for a Corvette coupe), and second, flying buttresses is simply how exotic ME’s look now — the very comparison that GM wants us to all instantly make when we see the HT convertible for the first time.

Picture thanks and credit to Automobile.

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• PaulChristian
    replied
    Originally posted by Bikerjulio View Post

You'd be in a tiny minority who still think that.
    ...that’s why I am saying it.

Leave a comment:

• Bikerjulio
    replied

I am not so sure...I think it is bogus. They can still design a hatch that opens. You don’t need a sloping rear glass for that. I am calling C3 b-pillar/buttress styling on the C8 for both convertible AND coupe. ?
    You'd be in a tiny minority who still think that.

Leave a comment:

• RoketRdr
    replied
    Originally posted by JustOneMore View Post
    Any thoughts on OPs comment about glass?
    Right now they are blacked out so that the engine bay isn't revealed. Just like all the other ME's on the market there will definitely be glass there.

Leave a comment:

• John
    replied
    Thank you fvs. I am aware that some parts of a race car must be identical to a production version, but I do not remember whether the rear glass has that requirement. Anyone?

It looks pretty flat in this C8.R picture. Picture credit to CorvetteBlogger.

Click image for larger version

Name:	19368A93-5B81-41EC-A131-4E773085924E.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	63.8 KB
ID:	9509

Leave a comment:

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
Working...
X