• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_2059.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	416.8 KB
ID:	9494 Here is likely the same car (coupe, black wheels), showing the recessed camera, but in much better resolution then the OP

Name:	mid-engine-corvette-spy-photo.jpg
Size:	439.5 KB
ID:	9496
    Last edited by Bikerjulio; 09-16-2018, 11:54 AM.
    2020 C8 Corvette.D.O.B 2/03/2020
    Shadow Grey Metallic on Black
    2LT, Z51 + MRC. GT1 seats.
    Spectra Grey Tridents.
    Carbon flash mirrors and spoiler.

Comment

I think the camera issue is an optical illusion

due to the lighting on some images the camera appears to disappear or look very pronounced. I think it is because the housing is angular and at an oblique angle.

as for the rear glass. Hard to tell for sure but it does appear that the glass will B flat across the buttresses.
      There was a report from an eyewitness that “believed“ that the rear glass had a bow to it or bubbled in someway.

From the close-up refueling images you can see that the rear hatch glass has been covered with black vinyl and extends further than the actual glass does in my opinion they cut it very square and you can see ripples in the vinyl

at any rate, that rear deck “Glass“ has some very interesting design and engineering features with all of the apparent vents and Doohickey’s.

given the apparent hi tech features of this area of the car, one could extrapolate that the rest of the car should have similar design cues and features and therefore be fairly technological and dramatic looking

Comment

Originally posted by Bikerjulio View Post

Dead center of this crop is the recessed camera housing.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_2054.jpg Views:	1 Size:	44.3 KB ID:	9489

As for the comment about the coupe possibly having a flat rear deck, I'd think that idea has been pretty well demolished. It has a fastback window for aerodynamic reasons, plus we can clearly see the outline of the large rear hatch opening on the coupe which cannot be seen on the convertible.
        I am not so sure...I think it is bogus. They can still design a hatch that opens. You don’t need a sloping rear glass for that. I am calling C3 b-pillar/buttress styling on the C8 for both convertible AND coupe. ?

Comment

Thank you fvs. I am aware that some parts of a race car must be identical to a production version, but I do not remember whether the rear glass has that requirement. Anyone?

It looks pretty flat in this C8.R picture. Picture credit to CorvetteBlogger.

Name:	19368A93-5B81-41EC-A131-4E773085924E.jpeg
Size:	63.8 KB
ID:	9509
          GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Originally posted by JustOneMore View Post
            Any thoughts on OPs comment about glass?
            Right now they are blacked out so that the engine bay isn't revealed. Just like all the other ME's on the market there will definitely be glass there.

Comment

Originally posted by PaulChristian View Post

I am not so sure...I think it is bogus. They can still design a hatch that opens. You don’t need a sloping rear glass for that. I am calling C3 b-pillar/buttress styling on the C8 for both convertible AND coupe. ?
              You'd be in a tiny minority who still think that.
              2020 C8 Corvette.D.O.B 2/03/2020
              Shadow Grey Metallic on Black
              2LT, Z51 + MRC. GT1 seats.
              Spectra Grey Tridents.
              Carbon flash mirrors and spoiler.

Comment

Originally posted by Bikerjulio View Post

You'd be in a tiny minority who still think that.
                ...that’s why I am saying it.

Comment

BBA38166-354A-47DC-8746-D8F6798179EE.jpeg
                  Might not need a sloping rear glass re opening hatch reason, but sure need it for aero. Down the road, if one thinks of this post, please think of this picture as confirmation that the flying buttress styling has been integral in the design of mid engine HT ‘Vert for a long time. One it is the historical tie to past Corvette heritage (though previously for a Corvette coupe), and second, flying buttresses is simply how exotic ME’s look now — the very comparison that GM wants us to all instantly make when we see the HT convertible for the first time.

Picture thanks and credit to Automobile.

Attached Files
                  GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

I like the look of the sloping glass.
                    Enjoying my Shadow gray C8. What a car it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Corvette Shadow View Post
                      I like the look of the sloping glass.
                      I prefer it too. However, if executed correctly, horizontal glass could look great too, perhaps even MORE exotic.

Comment

I prefer it too. However, if executed correctly, horizontal glass could look great too, perhaps even MORE exotic.
                        You will have your wish with the HTC.

Comment

Does anyone think the engine will be visible on the HTC? I know it’s highly unlikely, but it’s be awesome if we got something like the Ferrari F50 with the vertical rear glass and a window for the engine

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by RoketRdr View Post

Right now they are blacked out so that the engine bay isn't revealed. Just like all the other ME's on the market there will definitely be glass there.
                            There will no doubt be glass but may not have a visible engine... and I’m ok with that. And exposed and Jen would require higher degree of finishing And higher expense.

The 720 does not have an exposed engine because it is set very low which is better for performance. I have a feeling the c8 will be following suit With the slightly larger hatch this will allow more storage as well. In addition, the 570 GT has an opening at that allows access from the glass portion. I don’t see any evidence of this on the c8 as yet but you never know.

It seems that the rear hatch opens very similar to the C7. A very wide large opening from the rear quarter windows to the wing and fender to fender for access to storage and possibly a second level that will open for easy engine bay access.

Comment

Originally posted by NewYuriCity View Post
                              Does anyone think the engine will be visible on the HTC? I know it’s highly unlikely, but it’s be awesome if we got something like the Ferrari F50 with the vertical rear glass and a window for the engine
                              As per my other post, we may not get an exposed engine for the same reason the 720 does not have an exposed engine. It may be set so low and so far forward that exposing it is not possible but this will improve performance and allow more storage.

Comment

Originally posted by fvs View Post

You will have your wish with the HTC.
                                Just don’t be shocked...the rear glass is suspect at best.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X