Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 4 < >

Corvette Today’s News That “Corvette Fever” Returns

Corvette Fever magazine has not been published for a while. But Alan Colvin, a walking encyclopedia of GM cars as well as Corvette, has purchased the rights to Corvette Fever and has revived this publication! https://anchor.fm/steve-garrett/epis...-Colvin-euvkq2. Your CORVETTE TODAY host, Steve Garrett, visits with Alan to talk about the books he's written on Corvette and other GM products, his history with the old Corvette Fever magazine and how he plans to revive the publication. Plus, listen to this podcast and register to win one of 3-two year subscriptions to Corvette Fever that we're giving away exclusively on this episode! Listen to this CORVETTE TODAY podcast and win a subscription to Corvette Fever magazine!!!
2 of 4 < >

SGTMAJ USMC AUTO & TOY HAULER Joins MECF As A Featured Forum Vendor.

Welcome to SGTMAJ USMC USMC AUTO & TOY HAULER! We are so happy to have you now join us as a MECF Featured Forum Vendor. We can not wait to help your new business grow. We know you will provide a great transport service to our members and others!
3 of 4 < >

Z06 Potential Patents

As we get ready for the Z06’s debut sometime in the next year, IMO time to brush up on the 23 GM C8 patents — many of which are Z06 potentials: https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...alized-patents
See more
See less

Rear Glass...Odd Pic

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Rear Glass...Odd Pic

    Not sure if anyone posted or mentioned this but take a look at the 2 photos below. Both seem to be coupes but camera seems to be missing on one. The rear slanted window on the coupe never seemed right to me. It looks very unfinished and pieced together to me. After looking at this more, the C8 coupe (not just convertibles) could also have a flat rear deck lid and small horizontal rear glass ala C3s.

    Again, my apologies if this was already discussed or debunked in some way. I’ve just now noticed this in the pics below

    Click image for larger version  Name:	09EF814A-E40C-4D0C-9D9F-5300F766295B.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	90.6 KB ID:	9454Click image for larger version  Name:	67B3FAA7-20FD-4735-8B31-DD1C8CA0A6C1.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	172.6 KB ID:	9455
    Last edited by PaulChristian; 09-16-2018, 07:26 AM.

  • #2
    The camera housing is quite low profile from the side. See these 2 pics of the same car.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	mid-engine-corvette-spy-photo.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	407.5 KB
ID:	9457

    Click image for larger version

Name:	mid-engine-corvette-spy-photo.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	378.7 KB
ID:	9458
    2020 C8 Corvette.D.O.B 2/03/2020
    Shadow Grey Metallic on Black
    2LT, Z51 + MRC. GT1 seats.
    Spectra Grey Tridents.
    Carbon flash mirrors and spoiler.

    Comment


    • #3
      Or maybe there's more than one camera housing in play. They look to be changeable on these coupe mules.
      2020 C8 Corvette.D.O.B 2/03/2020
      Shadow Grey Metallic on Black
      2LT, Z51 + MRC. GT1 seats.
      Spectra Grey Tridents.
      Carbon flash mirrors and spoiler.

      Comment


      • #4
        When I zoom in on it, I don’t see any indication of that piece in my photo. Looks like that piece across the top of the glass up to the B pillar is missing completely....

        Comment


        • #5
          The 2 coupe mules, #'s 477 and 478 appear to have different camera housings. I suspect that in the 2 stills of the OP there are 2 different cars.

          You can clearly see a difference in the video at the end.

          Last edited by Bikerjulio; 09-16-2018, 08:32 AM.
          2020 C8 Corvette.D.O.B 2/03/2020
          Shadow Grey Metallic on Black
          2LT, Z51 + MRC. GT1 seats.
          Spectra Grey Tridents.
          Carbon flash mirrors and spoiler.

          Comment


          • #6
            In this video, the footage at the end shows a convertible and a coupe. In another thread, we concluded the camera housing would be different on the coupe vs the convertible. However, my original post above shows two coupes...one with a camera housing that is visible and one that has no indication of a camera housing whatsoever.

            Comment


            • #7
              Other than tacked on side scoop...and the crazy lights...the c8 is coming along nicely.

              those rearview cameras are becoming such a standard feature.

              im old school I find them unnecessary...good to have but i coukd live without them...

              at least make them so we cant see the camera at all in the finished product would be my request.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by PaulChristian View Post
                In this video, the footage at the end shows a convertible and a coupe. In another thread, we concluded the camera housing would be different on the coupe vs the convertible. However, my original post above shows two coupes...one with a camera housing that is visible and one that has no indication of a camera housing whatsoever.
                I do know the difference. In fact I was one of the first people to discuss the differences back in May.

                And called out the car #'s for you.

                At 2:43 in the video is car # 477.

                At 2:57 is car # 478.

                Both coupes.
                2020 C8 Corvette.D.O.B 2/03/2020
                Shadow Grey Metallic on Black
                2LT, Z51 + MRC. GT1 seats.
                Spectra Grey Tridents.
                Carbon flash mirrors and spoiler.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Bikerjulio View Post

                  I do know the difference. In fact I was one of the first people to discuss the differences back in May.

                  And called out the car #'s for you.

                  At 2:43 in the video is car # 477.

                  At 2:57 is car # 478.

                  Both coupes.
                  Thank you. So we have coupes with two different camera placements? Sorry, I didn’t see it discussed here. Curious, What was the consensus of that discussion?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by PaulChristian View Post

                    Thank you. So we have coupes with two different camera placements? Sorry, I didn’t see it discussed here. Curious, What was the consensus of that discussion?
                    I didn't say anything about different placements. As far as I've seen in every picture and video the camera placements are consistent.

                    I said it was possible that there were a couple of different housing styles, since there is some difference between the 2 coupes here. One appears a little more prominent than the other. I still see a camera housing in your original image - the more recessed version as I showed in post #2.
                    2020 C8 Corvette.D.O.B 2/03/2020
                    Shadow Grey Metallic on Black
                    2LT, Z51 + MRC. GT1 seats.
                    Spectra Grey Tridents.
                    Carbon flash mirrors and spoiler.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Bikerjulio View Post

                      I didn't say anything about different placements. As far as I've seen in every picture and video the camera placements are consistent.

                      I said it was possible that there were a couple of different housing styles, since there is some difference between the 2 coupes here. One appears a little more prominent than the other. I still see a camera housing in your original image - the more recessed version as I showed in post #2.
                      Copy. I can see it in your post #2. I see no indication of it in my original post. Time will tell what’s going on. Thanks.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Any thoughts on OPs comment about glass?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by PaulChristian View Post

                          Copy. I can see it in your post #2. I see no indication of it in my original post. Time will tell what’s going on. Thanks.
                          Dead center of this crop is the recessed camera housing.

                          Click image for larger version

Name:	image_2054.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	44.3 KB
ID:	9489

                          As for the comment about the coupe possibly having a flat rear deck, I'd think that idea has been pretty well demolished. It has a fastback window for aerodynamic reasons, plus we can clearly see the outline of the large rear hatch opening on the coupe which cannot be seen on the convertible.

                          2020 C8 Corvette.D.O.B 2/03/2020
                          Shadow Grey Metallic on Black
                          2LT, Z51 + MRC. GT1 seats.
                          Spectra Grey Tridents.
                          Carbon flash mirrors and spoiler.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Maybe the camera fell off? Maybe GM wanted to see if the camera was causing the “wind whistle” that a member posted/noted on the forum.

                            GM is continuing to experiment and learn. There is a reason we are about a year away from the first customer deliveries, for GM has lots of testing, fine tuning, and probably still hundreds of changes to make (most very small, some medium sized, maybe even one or two fairly large ones) — and almost all we will never hear about it.
                            GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Bikerjulio View Post

                              Dead center of this crop is the recessed camera housing.

                              Click image for larger version

Name:	image_2054.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	44.3 KB
ID:	9489

                              As for the comment about the coupe possibly having a flat rear deck, I'd think that idea has been pretty well demolished. It has a fastback window for aerodynamic reasons, plus we can clearly see the outline of the large rear hatch opening on the coupe which cannot be seen on the convertible.
                              Thanks Bikerjulio. Same fastback window for aero reasons as on the C8.R that GM showed us.

                              GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

                              Comment

                              MECF_728x90_bottom

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X