More Useful C8 Info Thanks to Phil1098

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Useful C8 Info Thanks to Phil1098

A little more C8 info, including details on its battery, that it has a special air conditioning tube on the 2LT and 3LT to keep your phone cool while in its charging part, and more.

Click image for larger version  Name:	6A4E8939-0751-4F50-BB13-298F285C3F85.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	139.8 KB ID:	94297

Here is some very useful info from and with major thanks to “Phil1098,” his visiting the C8 mobile dealership tour where he used to work, so when there were some replacement part upgrades to the car as a result of 100,000 butts sitting in and fiddling with parts of it, he actually participated in those replacements. He learned and shared so much, including that its actual battery size is a Delco 48PG. That could be useful for those looking at not purchasing the GM battery protection option ERI, instead getting a slightly different one cheaper from another source.

Click image for larger version  Name:	D70B0526-F689-458B-AB33-0CC2F483617E.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	82.2 KB ID:	94298

https://www.oreillyauto.com/detail/b...y/48pg/6237061

Again BIG thanks to Phil!

Originally posted by Phil1098
    The blue car needed a little freshening up and my dealer did the work. This included power seat motor and the latch for the center console lid. These two required seat removal and the entire center console assembly including the button wall and transmission shifting section (basically down to the tunnel). I just happened to be there when the car arrived this afternoon and since I was a former employee of the store for over a decade, I was allowed in back for all the work. They don't have any shop manuals yet or diagrams so the rep, the dealership tech, and myself looked at the new parts and figured out how the whole thing came apart. I will say this, with the passenger seat moved back to a normal position, there is plenty of elbow room for a passenger... How these parts were engineered and made was quite good. Any mount tab that required a bolt had a metal insert so you couldn't over tighten the bolt and break the plastic. Lots of locating posts and such too, just well made. here are some action shots.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	309DBF4C-67C4-4B6F-A8E1-455F9F72279D.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	143.8 KB ID:	94299Click image for larger version  Name:	290DCFB6-7D50-4F80-8EAA-230965948594.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	82.3 KB ID:	94300
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 22 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Kudos to the Corvette team, I mean a special air conditioning tube to keep your phone cool while it is charging in its wireless pocket. I remember after charging my cell in my C7’s console, that when I reached for it later it would not work for the next half hour because it was so badly overheated.

What other nice surprises will be later learn!
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 22 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

“with the passenger seat moved back to a normal position there is plenty of elbow room for a passenger.” That is good news.

Comment

The OP says "48PF" for the battery, but the photo says 48PG. Was "Deacon" autocorrected from Delco?

“with the passenger seat moved back to a normal position there is plenty of elbow room for a passenger.” That is good news.
        I think almost everyone who has actually sat in the passenger seat of a C8 already knew that.
        SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
        >36,000 miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Grazie Phil1098..good info!!!

Comment

"He learned and shared so much, including that its actual battery size is a Delco 48PG. That could be useful for those looking at not purchasing the GM battery protection option ERI, instead getting a slightly different one cheaper from another source."

Coupla Qs:

* How does the battery size influence the ability to use a "cheaper" tender?

* Does this info help verify the CTEKs we use on our C7s can also be used on our C8s?
            Last edited by Boomer; 12-07-2019, 01:59 PM.

Comment

[QUOTE=meyerweb;n94318]The OP says "48PF" for the battery, but the photo says 48PG. Was "Deacon" autocorrected from Delco?[QUOTE]

Thanks meyerweb. Fixed my typo and the autocorrect too.

Comment

It's about time they replaced the seats in that blue Corvette. They were totally worn out.... note the picture..... that's not 'dirty'. There were a lot of very negative remarks, particularly from the females present, about the condition of the interior.
                C8 Deposit July 2018 (HTC). In the system: Jan 20. Torch Red with lots of goodies. Museum Delivery in Sept.... maybe.

Other toys in the garage: Ferrari California, BMW i8 Roadster, Bentley Flying Spur

Comment

Originally posted by Boomer View Post
                  "He learned and shared so much, including that its actual battery size is a Delco 48PG. That could be useful for those looking at not purchasing the GM battery protection option ERI, instead getting a slightly different one cheaper from another source."

Coupla Qs:

* How does the battery size influence the ability to use a "cheaper" tender?

* Does this info help verify the CTEKs we use on our C7s can also be used on our C8s?
                  At times in the past, CTEK’s (not purchased from GM), have had CCA or other ratings that were not compatible. With Phil1098 giving us the C8’s battery details, those going through Amazon or elsewhere can now confirm that the CTEK (or other brand) charger they are buying is C8 battery compatible.

The other piece of the puzzle is insuring that an A/M units have the exact “plug” that fits into the frunk’s charging receptacle. Here is that plug from my C7 GM CTEK. I am assuming that the frunk receptacle size is the same for those who are planning to use their C7’s battery charger (“ERI”), but we all know about assumptions. Click image for larger version  Name:	08FE07E8-2991-482F-B692-FDB19075EC91.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	1.58 MB ID:	94339

Comment

Thanks John.

I have the CTEK model MUS 4.3. With the battery info, maybe I can determine if its compatible. I'm gonna "assume" it is until I find out otherwise. I'm also gonna "assume" the plug receptacle is the same on the C8 as the C7.

Comment

Since it is simply plug in, any maintainer you could by at Wally world or an auto parts house will work. A battery is a battery. I doubt the charger "communicates" with the car. Simply reads voltage.

Comment

Don’t know if this is helpful for your discussion about battery tender.
                        Description of CTEK charger offered by GM and our dealership vendors:

Get style as well as utility for your battery charging needs with this C8 Next Gen Corvette 2020+ GM Battery Tender with C8 Logo.

Easy to use, this GM C8 Corvette battery charger will ensure that your C8's battery always has an optimal charge. The famous C8 crossed-flags logo found on the tender and its carrying case will show your loyalty to this ultimate driving machine.

This charger features a plug-in cord and 110-volt charging capabilities.

Features:
                        • C8 logo and script
                        • Plugs in
                        • 110V charging capability
                        Fits:
                        • C8 2020+ Next Gen Corvette
                        Last edited by John; 12-08-2019, 10:17 AM. Reason: Removed link to non-forum vendor. Kept information that is helpful to all.
                        TPW 2/17 .. Shadow Gray Metallic w/Natural, 3LT, Z51, Mag, Lift, Spectra Gray Trident, Edge Red Calipers, Body Color Accents.

Past owned: 1984 C4, Medium Gray Metallic, Coupe, VIN# 1004; 1981 C3 White Coupe; 1980 C3 Dark Claret, Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by bpost22 View Post
                          Don’t know if this is helpful for your discussion about battery tender.
                          Yea it is. Since the CTEK compatible with the C8 is already being marketed, it must be off the shelf so its likely the same used on C7s. Looks a lot like John's.

Comment

Buy a NOCO charger/maintainer and you'll never have to worry about battery type or size ever again.

Comment

Originally posted by RoketRdr View Post
                              Buy a NOCO charger/maintainer and you'll never have to worry about battery type or size ever again.
                              I'm attached to my CTEK. Can't think of any more I want from a tender.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X