MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Official C8 Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

Coupe/HTC Build & Price: https://www.chevrolet.com/performanc...d-price/config
GM’s C8 Info Site: https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-v...ation-corvette
C8 Order Guide REVISED 2/14: https://www.gmfleetorderguide.com/NA...D=21905&type=0
Visualize Your C8:https://visualizer.chevrolet.com/ui?...US&channel=b2c
Also please look at our stickies in each of the four major C8 sections
See more
See less

Poll - Which Would You Rather Own Gas Or EV Corvette ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poll - Which Would You Rather Own Gas Or EV Corvette ?

I would only purchase a gasoline powered Corvette
    29.17%
    I would purchase gas and battery powered Corvette (All wheel Drive)
    48.61%
    I would purchase a battery powered Corvette
    2.78%
    I would purchase an all wheel drive gasoline powered Corvette
    2.78%
    I would purchase an all wheel drive battery powered Corvette
    16.67%
    Rocket City Florida

Gas powered only...would be my choice

Thanks!
    Last edited by JB; 12-05-2019, 11:40 PM.
    Torch Red exterior/ black interior z51 FE4 1LT

Comment

For about the price of a reasonably loaded c8, you can buy a relatively low mileage AWD Ludicrous Tesla Model S. It wwill do zero to sixty in 2.4 seconds., top speed governed at 155.mph. Here is a video of a fellow giving his passengers a thrill.

Comment

GM has filed to trademark “Corvette E-Ray”
        TPW 2-Mar now 9-Mar

Comment

Zero interest in electric. Driving Chicago expressways you never know when you will be stuck with no way to exit. Happened to me more than a few times. A 45 mile commute taking close to 2 hours, sometimes 4 or 5 hours all the time. I will not run out of gas, I never let my daily driver get that low.
          The greatest sound in the world is a Rolls Royce Merlin over 100 inches.

1LT, Elkhart Lake Blue, Adrenaline red seats, Z51, FE4, Bright Silver 5-open spoke wheels, chrome emblems

Comment

I suppose if you had an early Nissan Leaf with a degraded battery, a 45 mile commute in traffic could be problematic. But most EV cars get better "fuel economy" in heavy traffic than on the open highway. And the normal routine on a commuter vehicle is to recharge it overnight. A battery range of over 200 miles on new EVs, the kind we are talking about as in a class one would consider "Corvete", is pretty normal these days.

You wouldn't start a 45 mile commute with two gallons of gasoline in the tank. Similarly, it would make no sense to start it with a highly depleted EV battery.

I think what would worry me more is going on vacation across northern Montana, finding no public recharging stations, and then having to try to recharge my car with a 120 volt power cord in a motel parking lot. Adding maybe 4 miles range per hour.

Comment

Originally posted by Milliwatt Rob View Post
              I suppose if you had an early Nissan Leaf with a degraded battery, a 45 mile commute in traffic could be problematic. But most EV cars get better "fuel economy" in heavy traffic than on the open highway. And the normal routine on a commuter vehicle is to recharge it overnight. A battery range of over 200 miles on new EVs, the kind we are talking about as in a class one would consider "Corvete", is pretty normal these days.

You wouldn't start a 45 mile commute with two gallons of gasoline in the tank. Similarly, it would make no sense to start it with a highly depleted EV battery.

I think what would worry me more is going on vacation across northern Montana, finding no public recharging stations, and then having to try to recharge my car with a 120 volt power cord in a motel parking lot. Adding maybe 4 miles range per hour.
              I spent 5 hours one morning sitting still on I-55. It was suddenly shut down for a fatal accident and investigation. It never got over 5 degrees. I would never trust a battery in cold weather. Just my preference. I'm 54, so even I I live to a ripe old age, I'll never have any kind of hybrid or electric.
              The greatest sound in the world is a Rolls Royce Merlin over 100 inches.

1LT, Elkhart Lake Blue, Adrenaline red seats, Z51, FE4, Bright Silver 5-open spoke wheels, chrome emblems

Comment

We Corvette owners are a conservative lot as I think this poll is demonstrating. The average owner is north of 60 which is one reason GM is trying to appeal to a younger generation. My guess is that Millennials would be more accepting of an E-Ray
                TPW 2-Mar now 9-Mar

Comment

Originally posted by Milliwatt Rob View Post
                  For about the price of a reasonably loaded c8, you can buy a relatively low mileage AWD Ludicrous Tesla Model S. It wwill do zero to sixty in 2.4 seconds., top speed governed at 155.mph. Here is a video of a fellow giving his passengers a thrill.

But then I would have to look at that car in my garage. Lol. Prefer the C8 to stare at. I voted all wheel drive in the future. I’m over 65 and ok with front electric motors and gas.
                  Last edited by MikeC8; 12-06-2019, 08:39 AM.
                  RED ,C8. 2LT Z51.black wheels and trim. .... Order status 3300:TPW 3/2

Comment

I fully expect GMs higher performance model of the corvette will first be a twin turbo dohc v8 and then one step above that will be a electric powertrain for the fromt wheels....which I qm sure will be great...

no offense to the concept that all corvette owners are old and stubborn...

i want the gasoline only version because I dont see the need to pay for the added expense of AWD, electric propulsion...

stop with the corvette owners are old non flexible individuals and realize common sense says we dont need more than 500 hp in the standard stingray or 700 hp in the z06...

for all the money bags who maybe younger open your wallets and spend the money...put up or xxxx up on **** some of us deem unworthy of our money...

lets see..if for 60 to 70 grand I can get to sixty mph in under 3 seconds...im good...

how much quicker to sixty mph is this electric awd hybrid going to cost me?
                    Torch Red exterior/ black interior z51 FE4 1LT

Comment

I didn't vote since only one option can be selected.

Today, I prefer a gasoline-powered Corvette.

A decade from now, when battery (or capacitor) technology has advanced, as well as significant increases in charging station sites/infrastructure, an all-electric Corvette may be the obvious performance choice.
                      Upcoming Vette:
                      '20 Elkhart Lake Blue 2LT Coupe, Natural Interior, GT2 Two-Tone Seats, Performance Exhaust, Front Lift, Carbon Flash Wheels, Engine Appearance Package 2000 Status on December 27, 2019, 3000 Status on January 2, 2020, TPW of March 16, 2020

Current Vettes:
                      '68 Lemans Blue 327/350 Convertible
                      '91 Turquoise Convertible with Hardtop
                      '14 Lime Rock Green 2LT Convertible, Black Top, Kalahari, 7-Speed, Performance Exhaust

Comment

Where is the choice for all of them?

I want a NA c8 now. One last chance to enjoy that driving experience refined over the years by team Corvette.

I want a Z06 hybrid with the improved handling and acceleration that promises.

I want a ZR1 FPC with turbos for that exotic sound and performance.

I want a Zora full electric that will offer mind-blowing performance (it will be out of my price range but maybe C9).

Comment

We've owned many Corvettes since the 1960's and currently have one in the garage.... along with a Ferrari and an S63 AMG. Gas is great and the sound at ignition is 'intoxicating'..... We also have a hybrid BMW i8 Roadster. While it's totally unpractical, (my wife refers to it as 'restaurant jewelry') it sure is fun to drive and gets more attention than anything else we have right now.

The best part is that we now have 1200 miles on it and have poured (or dribbled) a total of 7 gallons of gas into the 11 gallon tank, and it's sitting on full right now. The electrical use is about equal to leaving an extra light on in the garage!

Would I consider a Corvette with an electric/gas hybrid power train??? HELL YES!!! Until one is available, I'll make due with a C8 'vert' when they finally get going early next year in Bowling Green.

Comment

Originally posted by Mobius View Post

A decade from now, when battery (or capacitor) technology has advanced, as well as significant increases in charging station sites/infrastructure, an all-electric Corvette may be the obvious performance choice.
                            Ya! He missed "All of the above"! CHECK!
                            Murray - Uxbridge, Ontario, Canada
                            Torch red coupe, Adrenaline red 2LT Q8Q E60 NPP

Comment

Originally posted by Mobius View Post

Your absolutely right, I'm sure there would be a select few who would entertain having all of the different options available, but I thought one would narrow it down to which One they would prefer.

Rocket City Florida

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X